Reviews for Once Upon A February
sartala chapter 1 . 10/19/2014
omg again, this is so perfect and wonderful from start to end and I LOVE IT!
telly brat chapter 1 . 5/24/2014
've been silently following you for a while now, but temeraire_dragon finally stepped in and said to just review, so I picked this one to start. In my opinion this is one of your best! The part about love is so very perfect, it made me cry. Many compliment you for your original ideas which you completely deserve but I'd like to praise your style, too. You use words like precious tools and so aptly, it's mark of great talent! Just wish I had a shred of it, but my fanfics will probably forever remain on my hard drive, because I'm too sensitive and won't stand criticism. Thank you very much for the time and effort you put into your works!
Starsorceress chapter 1 . 1/29/2014
I loved this from the first word to the last. It's amazing how you do the 'show, don't tell' thing with Gerald's actions and thoughts. Thank you, dearie!
lostfound chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
Don't have any idea how to express my adoration for your work! This is quite possbly the best CF ff I ever read. Perfect idea perfectly written! Sorry if this' too much, that's just how I feel. Big thanks!
lover's moon chapter 1 . 5/12/2013
I'm repeating myself by telling you your skill is frigtheningly great! This one is even better than Three Nights and I didn't think it possible. So, what's left for me to do but comment and go read the rest of your fics!
okka3 chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
How sweet and sad and sweet again! Again, loved every word!
SarahTeasdale chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
While I enjoyed the panicking Gerald part, it was the emotional depth of this that almost made me cry. Also loved the part about what love is esp. the 'winter storm' line. Thanks again for a bittersweet piece!
Ri chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
Me again! You're the best! thnx!
jeremin chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! You rock my socks! The best CFT fic ever!
seregil's cousin chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
Ahhh! Such a wonderful piece of work! One of your best but that's been said already. Thanks!
silvereyedbitch chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
"You found me." "Did I?" Wonderful! Absolutely touching the way you laid those lines down. And good idea to place a warning about your hypothermia protocol! LOL! People will do anything nowadays and just sue you b/c of their own stupidity. Anyway, I thought the Summoning idea was delightful, and also the initial spurning of the Valentine's holiday. Truly it seems those who hate holidays most are those for whom they hold no meaning due to a lack of somehting in their own lives. They cannot simply be happy for others who can find enjoyment in these things. And of course, when they finally discover their missing piece, then they are able to comprehend the holiday and the meaning behind it more fully. Thannk you for a good read. I am always overjoyed to get on here and see a new story posted. I am addict of D & G. And no, I do not wish for a cure, just more of the source of my cravings! LOL!
sonata chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
Guess you've got yourself another fan: me! :-) Must confess I usally don't review but hey, you've got me hooked! This is one of your best fics topped, IMO, only by 'Never Talk To Stangers' and 'Masquerade'. I loved this one because of your incredible insight into human psyche and the way you make the story sound so real. I mean, I could almost see it and it has such a true ring to it. Speaking of which, I compliment you on your responsible way towards the readers: I don't have the faintest idea what to do with a hypothermic and having read things like what you wrote in your warning, would probably have done all the wrong things. Thank you for a exceptional fic!
Saris chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
OMG, OMG! You did it again! So great! And that paragraph about what love is, it's so sad and perfect! Gerald's got it bad, hasn't he? Thank you!
hobgoblin123 chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
OMG, Shadowy Star, you are a marvel! That was so sweet and touching.
'Gerald had gotten arching a brow down to an art centuries ago': Lol! Now I can't get that image out of my head, and it's doubtlessly going to make me giggle inwardly while I'm at work today.
I just adored the passage 'Love was lonely days and nights spent alone, reaching out into the darkness of a cold bedroom, needing that one person close, wanting them so bad that nothing else mattered. Love was regret and pain and a winter storm'... How true and so beautifully written. Wow!