Reviews for Different
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
Awww... This was amazing :) I love Colin - even though he kinda was annoying at first in the books - and I loved what you did here. It's a really nice approach on the whole 'telling the Muggleborn about magic', and I really liked Colin's reaction to Dumbledore's arrival :p It actually made me laugh :)
Good work ;)
Empress Empoleon chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
That was well-written. I loved how you described Collin's feelings in the beginning to going crazy. Like these lines were fantastic:

[He tries to shut this voice out, because quite frankly, the voice terrifies him. And isn't hearing voices another sign that you're going crazy?]

It really highlighted how Collin was starting to doubt himself. I just wish that you made this story longer, so you could maybe elaborate on that more.

I also thought that when Dumbledore came to their house, it went by all too fast. Like, suddenly, he's a Wizard. His parents oddly said nothing about the whole spectacle, and Collin believed it faster than I would have liked.

Other that that, this was fine. :) Good job!
Montley chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
This was written well, and I didn't see any grammar mistakes which is always fantastic.
Though I do admit to thinking that Colin's characterization, especially when Dumbledore came, was off, just didn't sit right with me personally.
But you did a good job with this nonetheless.
starlight.moon.princess chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
I love Colin.
I think he's a pathetically underused character, and i think he's just brilliant,

and this fic was perfect.
with the excitement, and dumbledore, and "Can you pinch me, just so I know I'm not having weird dreams or anything?"
and the ending, which just makes me want to read 'dennis gets his letter and he and colin go insane with excitement' from you

(ignore the lowercase, i've caught ali-itis)

well done :)
articcat621 chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
AWH. That was great! I've always wondered how life would be for other Muggleborn witches and wizards before they find out about Hogwarts. You did a wonderful job with this, and I loved the Dennis/Colin relationship! Awesome job!
Isilarma chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
I like this. I think many Muggle-borns would react like this when their magic starts manifesting, and I think you wrote his parents' reaction very well too. Maybe Colin could have been a bit more excitable, but I loved his interaction with Dennis at the start, They seemed close in the books, and that came across well here.
whirlwinds of watercolours chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Interesting interpretation of how Colin came to know he was a wizard. Was his great aunt Sophie one, too?

I like the dialogue between all the characters, but I feel that the descriptions of the stories could be improved. I can't really picture the scene very well in my head, but I can hear the dialogue clearly. It's just a suggestion of mine, though.

I really enjoyed reading this, thanks for writing!
The Original Horcrux chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
This was a really interesting insight into what it must be like to be a Muggle and get your Hogwarts letter. It makes sense, Dumbledore coming to explain it, I guess he didn't do it with Harry because Aunt Petunia already knew about Hogwarts and stuff. I liked the relationship between the too brothers and the fact that while Colin was a late bloomer in performing magic, Dennis discovered his powers while he was younger and around the same time. So i guess that brought them closer.
Just one thing that I noticed, when Dumbledore walks in and introduces himself as 'Professor Dumbledore' and Colin gets angry and says "How could you, and on my birthday nonetheless." I don't really think he would say 'nonetheless' he's only eleven after all. Apart from that this was very enjoyable! Great job!

DFTBA
Nayla xx
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
This was a wonderful look at Colin and Dennis before Hogwarts. I'd never given too much thought to them before, at least in terms of pre-Hogwarts life, but this provided a really excellent look at what it was like for a Muggle-born to find out that they were magical. I do like how Colin didn't instantly believe Dumbledore; I think it's unrealistic for all Muggle-borns to automatically accept what's going on, and I like his reluctance that changed into excitement. The brotherly relationship between Colin and Dennis was portrayed well also, and I think you captured their dynamics quite well also. One little error: it should be 'It actually sounds rather exciting', not 'It actually sounds rather exiting'. I think you have Colin certainly in-character, also, and I can really see how his personality here would grow into what we see in canon. Very nice job.
Northumbrian chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
I love the first section, the conversation between Colin and Dennis. I think you really capture the closeness between the Creevey brothers in this story (and I wonder what you’ll think of my Creevey brothers story).
-N-
DobbyLovesSocks chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
Aww, this was great! I loved seeing pre-Hogwarts!Colin; to be honest, I really love Colin fics, but I don't read many. I liked seeing him as a little boy, and the crazy/not crazy stuff was heartbreaking and really well done. Great fic. :)
love from elysium chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
Aww! So sweet! I love this idea, the way that Colin and Dennis sort of console each over both feeling "crazy" or doing unusual things. The only suggestion I can think of is that Colin needed more of the personality of an eleven year old. I found that his behaviour and thoughts might have been a tad too mature. But still, very enjoyable! Thank you! :)
Someone aka Me chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
The conflict about insanity is brilliant — because when you are the only one experiencing it, when the whole world disagrees, it's hard not to wonder.
It did feel a little… Tom-esque to me. It was very similar to the scene in HBP, which in my opinion was both an attribute and a detriment.

Overall, very nice. I love the Creevey boys and you wrote them well. Thanks for your entry!
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
Nice work, keep writing
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
I really liked this. I have a soft spot for the Creevey brothers, hence the prompts. I really liked when this was set. It's really a major part of their lives, finding out that Colin is a wizard. I would think, like all magic folk, the Creevey brothers did show signs of magic growing up.

You used your other four prompts well. The Transfiguration was very clever. It works because Muggles would want proof. The panic, while not a big part - not that it has to be, was very well. Dennis worrying that they are both crazy because they are magical.

This was lovely!