Reviews for Like Me
stranrep chapter 1 . 5/14
"Villain has a point" the story. Thank you!
yeaaaahhhh I read chapter 1 . 4/21
The parcels between Naruto with Orchimaru was always their and it startles me. the same way thier are parcels between Sasuke and Jiraiya in a wired way. Trade masters and the parallels are still their.
Lord Winterman chapter 1 . 2/27
While I'm sure Orochimaru is either projecting or simply sowing doubt, there are enough similarities to make it plausible from an outside perspective. Really, the only things keeping Naruto from being completely like him is that Naruto's sense of justice and empathy formulate an immovable center. And I think being Hokage was a means to an end for Orochimaru, whereas it was THE end for Naruto.

Still, fascinating character study that makes you rethink some of the concepts presented. Really, if we had to start all over with the same team composition, have the alignment be:
- Naruto - Orochimaru (orphaned, Hokage aspiration, inspires loyalty and devotion from those they aid, radical ideas that run contrary to established doctrines and morals of the setting, relentless drive towards their ambition)
- Sasuke - Tsunade (basically royalty within the village, a seemingly cool demeanor that belies a quick temper, and loss of family and loved ones that haunt them, clings to past hurts)
- Sakura - Jiraiya (basically useless until they find their specialty, loves/lusts after highly placed clan kid on the team, arguably the most perverted mind on the team)
Wargensnack chapter 1 . 2/2
This is something I've liked to think about sometimes. If Cannon Naruto is that strong, when he was lacking in proper training until long after his first Chunin exams, how strong would he be if he was given the proper guidance.

Another thought was the training aspect of Shadow Clones. With the memory transfer plus the fact he can make hundreds of them. If he made 300 Clones a day for week, all on the same task, that's theoretically seven years of practice, in a week. The implications are, kind of terrifying.
Not enough fics go into that aspect imo, but then tgat has a good chance of snowballing into one of those "godlike-Naruto" fics if not done right.
Doubl3E chapter 1 . 1/13
That was just perfekt. I've never seen a story without a single neagtive comment and you truly deserve it.
Lord Vaserious chapter 1 . 1/4
Food for thought
Detsella Morningdew chapter 1 . 12/22/2020
Stuff like this makes me wish fervently that Orochimaru was explored more in canon. Not just bad stuff he did, but his real motives besides his curiosity.

That scientific curiosity is all that remains of a man, but who was he before then, and what made him change? I've seen far better stuff from fan works than from canon in that respect.
Pygmy Hippo chapter 1 . 12/20/2020
Masterpiece.
Bb34 chapter 1 . 10/11/2020
This was really good.
sayantan2201 chapter 2 . 6/30/2020
God damn MF...you can mind game better than Ibiki on his best days. That was scarily good and delicious. Thanks a lot
Guest chapter 1 . 5/25/2020
Eh I like this. I never liked comparing Jiraiya to Naruto, and I hate how much Naruto loves Kakashi/Jiraiya. They taught him enough to claim they taught him something and otherwise did absolutely nothing.
That Naruto can come back from his "training trip" still only knowing Rasengan and Shadow Clones shows that. If he can learn Shadow Clones in a few hours, and the Rasengan in a month, he could have learned a dozen random wind jutsu in a week, and yet in three years he knows nothing?
Jiraiya would have to try hard to make Naruto learn so little.
TheShob chapter 1 . 5/17/2020