Reviews for Unexpected
Just found this story! Love it! Please continue on with it! Would love to see how it could end!
Please continue! Great story!
Great story! Would love to see what happens to them!
2lazy2login chapter 33 . 2/22
Dear ex zombie,

I sincerely hope you haven't left or this wonderful piece of fiction you've written. Seriously, I've scoured far and wide for Merle fanfiction and this is just great. If you don't keep writing I'm going to be devastated (which doesn't really matter, I'm a nobody.) Me and all the other readers that review and those that don't!

I want to say that you capture every characters personality so well. Like I got to admit, you really threw me off with the emotional dialogue filled chapters, too. I wasn't expecting them because most writers get lazy when it comes to building relations and showing that they can portray the characters how they want them to appear. They usually fly right through the important deep building stuff because they take more time and careful thinking to get the effect desired (like me hahahahah). Anyway, yeah I felt like I was reading a behind-the-scenes extension of The Walking Dead when I read the more conversational chapters! (Like when carol was talking to Daryl and Daryl hinted that maybe he was a late bloomer. I could totally see that happening if TWD wasn't so focused on the zombie apocalypse and didn't allow romantic stuff besides Rick and his wife.) You're just so good at tapping in and knowing what the actual characters would do/say. The characters stay in character. But you probably already knew that :P

Also, the sexual scenes are few minus teasing from Merle, but they are well worth it. I wasn't expecting so much work and effort to create the complex relation between Beth and Merle and everything else. It's admirable! It also makes the entire story so much fun to read. You clearly put a lot of thought into this! Aaand... To be honest I was looking for a steamy Merle lemon. Because I actually find the old man to be incredibly sexy, which is why I write and read this stuff online on incognito tab because no one in real life will get me. BUT THATS MY PROBLEM HAHAHA - In all seriousness, Im glad I read all 33 fucking chapters. It was a great journey.

This is a little off topic but I feel sort of bad for not giving a review after each chapter but they would have been short one word praises. I like to wait until the end and give a big long review.

Even a little more irrelevant, you inspire me to write more. I like the vocabulary you use, and when you write from Merle perspective the slang and way you construct your sentences is so... Merle! Like it just feels natural and not forced at all.

God this is a shitty review I'm just really impressed by how it all feels so real. Like the plot isn't special as in it doesn't have any crazy surprises or like twists like some others do, but because the story is simple, along with the fucking quality of writing you put forth, it just makes the entire thing awesome. I'm pretty sure all readers like me experience hours at a time flying by when they read this. Like I have school tomorrow and I don't care because I had to finish to chapter 33. It's 2:08am here.

I have to end this some time! I really hope you finish this. Another chapter would be all I need, I want to read a complete sex scene from you! Because it seems pretty clear that Merle and Beth are headin down that road. Yes I'm a pervert. The thing is, I don't know what you'd think or what you'd write, so I love reading this because it's your ideas - and help from reviewers probably maybe - and reading this is just so freaking great. God I hope so hard that you'll keep on writing. Wish I could have discovered TWD and this fanfic sooner.

It's February of 2015 and you last updated this April 2014 so maybe it's too much to hope for :( but I'll keep my hopes afloat that you'll write more. Another chapter at the least.

If you do decide to, I'll PM you and try to give ideas for the series. I'll also be a much more faithful reader and reviewer. Ahhhhhh I'm sorry for not reading and reviewing. But hopefully this winding tangent of a review makes up for 32 of them? Haha

Please write another chapter at the least. Or I'll find you and remind you incessantly to write another chapter. What a lame threat oh my god

Nobody626 because too lazy to sign in.

I know that we start lacking the will to write because of less reviews or none at all, but that's the sad great life of a writer. Please keep sticking to this and pushin through hard times, in real life and when it comes to writing. I personally write and fantasize things to help escape and find relief from real life problems. Okay this is more of a letter now. Bye!

:) big fan of this series
PomBear007 chapter 33 . 2/18
I just found your story and I really really love it! There aren't many Meth stories out there and I would love if you ever found the time to update/complete this :)
Hope you're well!
Pom xx
blueberry chapter 33 . 2/13
This story is awesome. I love your view of Merle and Beth, and pretty much all the characters, really. It all feels very realistic, especially the reactions to Beth/Merle and how the bonding is going between Merle and some of the others - rebuilding his bond with Daryl, getting along more with Michonne, and I can def. see Carl really wanting to form Team Tough Guy with the new fighter around. The Carol and Daryl storyline is also super cute, and I liked Carol reacting to hearing more of the story of what went down with Glenn/Maggie vs. Merle. I never thought of that side of it, but it totally makes sense that it would give her a bit of resentment about Glenn's actions. AND the story's hot, too. :)
Ok, so it's 4:06 am. I haven't reviewed a story in a looooooong time. Years. So long that I have forgotten my prior login for this site and I wanted to review this so quickly that I don't want to bother with creating a new one. Ermagerrrrrrrd. Woman, person, human, whoever you are. Just amazeballs! Best, fucking. Thing. I've, read in a long time. Period. So, please for the love of all that is holy and good in this world, update it! Please!?it's not done right? There's been so much delicious tension artfully crafted over, what, 33 chapters? I didn't even know I needed Merle and Beth in my life but apparently I do. Please? Don't leave us all here with blue balls and/or ovaries. It's simply not polite.

thedaryldixon chapter 1 . 12/24/2014
Brilliant, you got Merle's character and backstory perfectly! I love this pairing
gneebee chapter 33 . 12/19/2014
Awwww, I wish you would have written more chapters for this great story. I need a resolution for Daryl and Carol, as well as Meth. Please consider more for this fic, as well as more stories.
gneebee chapter 10 . 12/18/2014
Thank you for pointing out that the blame wasn't all on Merle
Gerp chapter 33 . 12/14/2014
Would love to see this finished some day
horseygirl29 chapter 33 . 12/9/2014
Ok. So I just found this little gem of a story and I'm curious. Are you going to finish it? It's a pretty fucking awesome story after all and it seems a bit of a sin to leave it the way it is.
littlemewhatever93 chapter 33 . 11/26/2014
I found this story and I just...I never even thought of Beth and Merle as a pairing before! But after reading this, I can't see anyone else who she would be better with. Your Merle is just a wonderful character-all crunchy and crusty and jagged on the outside with some inner goo that's just threatening to ooze out. I just love him! I love this story! I see that you haven't updated it since April and it makes me so damn sad. Get your ass up to speed and post the next chapter! Uhh...please? Lol.
Necrophagy chapter 33 . 11/5/2014
Please god tell me this story isn't abandoned. I am usually not a fan of Meth, but hooooly hell yes please this story.
Donna-Darko chapter 1 . 10/23/2014
Where are you,
Can you update this please?
Hello, I love this
Please Don't just let it die
I want to keep, reeeeaaading
I don't. wan't. it to. stop.
I said, Hello,
Where are you,
Can you update this please?