Reviews for Fate: Heaven's Works
PervyPanda chapter 2 . 7/1
... Why, is he spilling ALL his fucking secrets to Rin? Just why?!
dragon slayer of death 98 chapter 7 . 6/28
i think its aife, scathaths sister and once love interest of cu for a short time
dragon slayer of death 98 chapter 5 . 6/28
is it dante, i thought it was merlin but you said hes not a canon typemoon character, or it might be kratos,
brokenstrings001 chapter 1 . 6/18
Confucius
Tree2652 chapter 10 . 5/29
Awww I'm sad to see this story seems to inactive, so I'm assuming this story is never gonna update again eh, or the possibility considering many years have pass since ut last undated.

It was bittersweer reading this, has it is a great story
OnePunchHero chapter 1 . 4/11
When are you coming back to the ‘Strongest Man’ story that a X-over between Marvel, DC, and OPM?
calvin9871 chapter 10 . 3/18
So when is this going to update? This story is too good to just end here!
thedizzleman chapter 7 . 2/15
Is it Scáthach?
Ranmaleopard chapter 10 . 1/27
My god this is just really awesome and I can't wait to see what happens next. Please continue
AmethystPone chapter 6 . 1/26
I really really want to kill Zouken...
By borrowing and using a weapon from a different story on him...A weapon seemingly designed to exterminate people like him.
Dragonjek chapter 3 . 1/23
Gilgamesh is indelibly tied to the state of the world. The more corrupt and polluted it is, the less benevolent he becomes; the difference between his behavior in Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night can be explained by him only being there for a few days vs. him being exposed to modern Earth for years.

Additionally-as you pointed out with Herakles-being a Servant means that a Heroic Spirit is summoned in only a single aspect of their legend (which is why Arturia doesn't have Avalon (sheath), Excalibur (sword), Caliburn (sword), Prydwen (either a ship or a shield), the dun stallion Llamrei (mount), Clarent (sword), Rhongomyniad (spear/lance), Carnmennan (dagger of invisibility/shadows), Wynebgwrthucher (shield), the Mantle of Arthur in Cornwall (one of the 13 Treasures of Britain, invisibility cloak), Cavall (dog), or Goswhit (helmet).
Hell, the Round Table itself might qualify, summoning the Knights of the Round Table as lesser Heroic Spirits.).

As I understand it, this is supposed to be the "Gilgamesh before Enkidu". He still has the memories of his life to follow, but his personality and behavior is not that of the Gilgamesh who has gone through his full life. Child-Gil knows the events of his future but has a vastly different personality, as does Caster Gilgamesh, who is the wise king Gilgamesh became after giving up the Elixir of youth (which he later went and got more of, which is why it is in his treasury. But he didn't use it to extend his life, because he had realized the meaning of human mortality).

Nasu has confirmed that Gilgamesh was indeed able to fully resist the weight of All the Evils of the World, and that his ego is simply too powerful for something of that level to overcome. If it did change him, then it would only have been in that he was now more aware of the corruption of man, without having himself been stained by it.
It isn't like he didn't show near-psychopathic behavior beforehand. After a token effort he stopped attacking Caster's demon without care for the humans, and took great pleasure in his certainty of Saber's suffering. He had no issue with-and fully enjoyed-wearing down at Kirei's desire to be a good person and getting him to embrace his enjoyment of suffering. Gilgamesh was *polite*, moreso to the handful of people who he felt a degree of respect for, but the difference reaching from Fate/Zero to Fate/Stay Night isn't that extreme.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid I find no real enjoyment in this story. While it is fun to see an overpowered character fighting, Herakles *himself* is in that OP character category, and Shirou just wiped the floor with him. That goes beyond simply being able to fight on the level of a Heroic Spirit, and into the point where it starts destroying the suspension of disbelief. There are ways to write enjoyable overpowered characters, but this isn't really it. Sorry.

The lack of legit Noble Phantasms from Shirou is also a bit off-putting.
Dragonjek chapter 1 . 1/23
...
how?

A human wouldn't be capable of not being struck in the heart by Gae Bolg. The only reason that some small number of Servants can is because the Luck stat (and a few Skills) of a Heroic Spirit is representative of their capacity to pull off feats that are literally impossible.

Shirou couldn't have changed the trajectory of Gae Bolg, because Gae Bolg would have already been in his heart before Gae Bolg even had a trajectory to start with. It starts off in the state of "having pierced the heart". Saber was capable of being wounded in the shoulder only because of her high Luck.

Luck in the sense of a statistic is different from plain being lucky, although someone with high Luck would also have high luck.

So... God of War? Are you sticking to stuff from videogames and whatnot, or will you be pulling weapons from history and folklore and mythology?
LuluViBritania chapter 2 . 1/20
King and Queen are GENDER SPECIFIC titles a male can be a king and not a queen and Vice Versa a Female Gilgamesh would have said [After all, one should not take a queen's interest lightly... lest they suffer the consequences..."]
BorderLand chapter 3 . 1/6
Well I was wrong she did not let him copy her weapons and was not his master but that did not make the sight of Gil kissing Shirou any less entertaining.

I love you adding the character development from legends here. For someone that had a great interest in Gilgamesh after I watched Fate/Stay Night UBW seeing him act only as an arrogant prick all the time is not on my list of thing I like.
BorderLand chapter 2 . 1/6
So Gil let him trace her weapons...wow, that is by far the most surprising thing even if I saw it from a mile away.