Reviews for Inertia Overcome
Melday7 chapter 22 . 6/5
Just re-read this fic again (for like the 17th time) and it is still one of the best klaroline stories ever.

Maybe one day you will consider writing another klaroline story.
IFancyu chapter 22 . 4/10
So amazingly written...can't believe it tooK me so long to find this story. Loved it.
JujuGrace chapter 14 . 2/16
*dead*
JujuGrace chapter 5 . 2/16
You are a wonderful person for writing this amazingly accurate story. Thank you!
JujuGrace chapter 3 . 2/16
As screwed up as this is, the way he got a few dates with her, I can't help but love it. There's just something about the danger of klaus that makes one wanna give themselves to him. Gosh I need a boyfriend lol
but seriously chapter 2 . 1/31
THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS I NEED TO SAY BUT I JUST CANNOT ARTICULATE THEM PROPERLY OK I'M SO SORRY :'(
but seriously chapter 1 . 1/31
OH MY GOD AND HOW COULD I HAVE WRITTEN YOU THAT REVIEW WITHOUT MENTIONING THE SEXUAL TENSION, ALL THE GOODNESS, ALL THAT JUST THICK HEADY WANT. Which added the most delicious amount of sin to the fic, so tastefully done, I gape even now. I think I am a little bit in love with you.
but seriously chapter 22 . 1/31
Alright, so.

Where do I even begin? I'd stumbled upon this story ages and aeons ago snap bang in the screaming confines of tumblr, and I have to admit it was the first-person pov that stopped me from reading - I have no one to blame for such arrogance, really. I was in bed last night and it'd been a while since I read anything kc so I decided, why not. I took a chance. It was 2AM.

One huge ass gulping galloping breath later I was ON THE FLOOR. I can't count the number of times I gasped into my pillow, I giggled, I laughed out right, and I felt - and I FELT EVERYTHING. Thank you for giving me such a refreshing take on Caroline, on the push and pull of their relationship. I read them as I'd never read them before. How you explore ever facet of Klaus's personality and never shying away from the ugly. Some parts squelched me, but I couldn't look away, and this fic has planted so many new cities in the center of me that everywhere I look and turn now is so NEW. Like I read somewhere that our brain is attracted to novelty, something about a regionin our midbrain - "the novelty center" - lighting up when we're treated to stimuli that we've never seen before, never occurred to us. My brain was party central last night, everything was just lights lights motion motion and maybe that's why I just enjoyed this entire fic so much. The DIALOGUE, how the story moves along with it - it's been so long since I could hear them arguing in my head - in fact, the story moves along BECAUSE OF IT, because of how alive you've made these characters. Everyone has little worlds hidden inside them, I love how no character here is introduced for the sake of just being a character, they're all part of the integral story one way or another, and I want to thank you for giving me this perfect little universes where there are museums and rose gardens and perfectly constructed black forest cakes.

Can we talk about your Klaus? I always have a hard time finding the balance of age-old Klaus and the Klaus that exists in Caroline's stratosphere, there always seemed to be a distinction between the two. A snap and the tables turn. But OH! You gave me both, you gave me everything - you gave me ancient, old Klaus, Klaus who seems older than gods here, with his pensieve thoughts and just how layered he is. He doesn't immediately fall all over Caroline and vows to change. He doesn't make grand promises. He skirts and he toes the fine line Caroline's drawn from him and her, he cheats, he tries to take, tries to make her his, tries every trick in his arsenal to just satisfy the monster that lives in his chest and feeds of of needs, and Caroline deflects and fights and screams and not only is everything the perfect balance of witty and profound, everything is just so ... real. I want to thank you for that, for teaching me how to write. Because I just get the sense that you are writing so honestly and so earnestly it just rings through every word. My heart broke, over and over again. I wanted to give you a sensible, coherent review but it's turning into a love letter. Sometimes the appeal with Klaus is that he seems so unflappable, and sometimes I feel like most people turn a blind eye to the fact that he is mad, absolutely filthy and mad and broken and so OLD, but you have found a way to just weave all his history into this story and you've given him no restraint, he is free to be whoever he pleases, and that's what fascinates me the most, I think. To be on this journey with him, to see his thought processes laid out before me. One second he's gentle, one moment he's possessive to the point of being absolutely fucking frightening, and then he is both, and then he is just Klaus. I'm singing sonnets for your Klaus when your Caroline has enamoured me just as much with her boldness, her strength ( "he's poweful, but she is /strong/" ABSOLUTELY WRECKED ME, I HAD TO JUST CURL INTO MYSELF AND WEEP AT THAT), but it's just. I think your Klaus, his voice, THEIR VOICES TOGETHER has ruined all KC banter for me. I bow down. I BOW.

There are so many lines here that resounded in me but since I breezed through all of it they're a jumbled mess in my head. I'm probably going to have to give this a second, third reading, scream at you more about it. For now, I just need to... recover. And go read everything else you've ever written, obviously. And, you know. Cheesy as it sounds, but thank you for your honesty. This was a journey, and I learned a lot. Is it weird that I came out of this feeling like a better writer? Thank you. Thank you!
I loved this fic. This last Klaroline fight. Totally intense and thrilling.

Really enjoyed that Caroline didn't bend to Klaus' will throughout the story. Very true to her character.

Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us.
I absolutely love this fic. I am absolutely amazed by the writing. How you depict Caroline and Klus' thoughts is just so captivating. Wow! Respect!

Can't believe I have to do other things with my day other than read this fic.
That was... AMAZING

I just spent two days reading your story and it was so great!
Because your Klaus is exactly this kind of guys for me. Like, the Big Bad but so in love with Caroline. That was perfect. You know it's so HARD to find a good Klaroline, in my language (in french), it's even worth, but yours, I don't have the words
This was how I imagined the whole story between the two. So thanks you and love

PS : and YES the sentence "I doubt you're strong enough to be my king" that was epic and Oh my god I couldn't even breath

SORRY IF I MADE A "MISTAKE ENGLISH LANGUAGE" in my review. Hope you'll be indulgent with me
blacky chapter 22 . 11/19/2015
wow.

as predicted this was crazy-awesome! I am sooo glad that in my desperation to find more good claroline stories I havent given up looking around or I might have missed this one! (because frankly, nearly all the good ones here I already read, twice)

hopefully there is more to be found on your profile? ;)
blacky chapter 1 . 11/17/2015
OMG
this already has some phenomenal shudders of anticipation running down my spine paired with a heavy onslaught of goosebumps!

awsome start into what I can only estimate to be a truly great story. kudos to your writing abilities!
too bad I have to leave to work now, but I will be back later (and probably sleep very little tonight going to work half asleep, but stuff like yours is so worth freezing through the day because you are too tired to keep the body heat up)
love from germany
klarolunatic chapter 22 . 10/28/2015
Amazing! I wish I have found your story sooner! This was really so enjoyable to read that I could never put it down! I finished it in such a rush, I was so sad when I realized I was on the last chapter. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it and you did a fantastic job with this story!
alexam127 chapter 22 . 9/19/2015
I absolutely love this story! It is one of my favorite fanfiction stories I have ever read! It's so well written and perfect! The characters seem so real and Klaus and Caroline are done perfectly in every way! I've already read this story a few times because I can't get enough of it! I love every scene, especially the one where Caroline is leaving the train station and sees Klaus and when Klaus finally finds her at the grocery store and well... every other scene haha I could go on all day! This is the first story I've read where Klaus actually comes across as being a thousand years old being that is extremely powerful and has lived through the fall of empires and the change in culture and history and so much more! Most Klaroline stories don't portray Klaus in way that really shows how old he really is, but you portray Klaus in a way thats so perfect to his character! Same with Caroline! A lot of authors forget that Klaus is extremely old and has experienced pretty much everything in the world, while Caroline has barely even lived and is still really young, but you portrayed that perfectly! The way the story is written, the plot, the characters, and everything else in this story is amazing! I love every part of it! Always keep writing because you're so good at it! I think I'll stop there because I could go on all day about this story! :). Thank you for writing such an amazing story! I enjoyed every minute of reading it! And then reading it again! And again! Haha :)