Reviews for Benefactor
EmeraldTyphoon47 chapter 1 . 6/18
Interesting scenario. While it doesn't excuse his later actions, Turbo's anguish here was both plausible and explains why he did what he did quite well
Arcade Lackey chapter 1 . 5/8/2016
Poor Turbo. I can't help but feel bad for him even though he did what he ended up doing.

(I also wanted to apologize about the whole.. you know.. I don't want you to beat yourself up over it. I know you must have your reasons.)
TwistelCreampuff chapter 1 . 9/26/2014
Oh glob that is a good headcanon! That is so super smart! That's how I'm going to imagine that happened from now on!

Now excuse me while I console Turbo
dalek chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
Wow. This is interesting, it makes a lot of sense.
crankyman7 chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
Lets get in depth on this one:

Plot:

This being a onshot, the plot's going to be simple. The question is whether it works, and is interesting. The answer to both questions is: yes. It does leave me wondering where the guy Tapper obtained the Konami Code from obtained it [though there was no particular need to address that in this specific story, so its fine]. Nevertheless, it provides an interesting theory about one of the questions the movie left us with.

Characterization:

For such a short work, R. B. Tapper comes across as pretty believable to me. I liked that you noted his frustration at having so little time off.

Prose:

No complaints that I can think of.

Did I enjoy the story?

Yes I did. Good job.
KremKid Katalogue chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
Oh, wow. Just wow.
I love this. It's so simple you barely realize anything happened. The characterizations were perfect (even though I was a little surprised to see Turbo crying, to be honest), too. A bartender's job is certainly not an easy one even without all the crazy characters to whom video games are so easily prone. Tapper's issues as inter-game bartender were well-written and an amusing read (especially Mario's and Luigi's cameo XD). He's lucky it's not the 90's yet here - he doesn't have Kirby and co. to deal with.

Overall a great story, short and sweet. Definitely getting added to my favorites, and maybe my headcanons, too.

-KK
Rock Raider chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
Interesting idea on how Turbo got the code. Personally, I thought Tapper's root beer kegs were bottomless, given just how many people he serves in his own game. Still, interesting idea.
Poppyseed Cy-bug chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
Ooh, very well done! I love all of these ideas that Tapper gave Turbo the Konami Code (have the Tappers napkin). Head canon accepted! :D
Windsett chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
I always wondered why Turbo (as King Candy) still had the code on the napkin; surely he would have committed it to memory to prevent anyone else viewing it?
(I know it was for the audience to see, but still...)

Anyway, this was a decent theory that was nicely written!

(Even though Tapper never figured out what happened to his napkin, did he remember the code? Or was he forced back into serving his programmed limit of root beers each day?)
ForeverACharmedOne chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
Oh, I like it! Headcanon accepted! :)
LostLyra chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
Oh that was short, sweet and enjoyable, good theory though! :D
PrayerGirl chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
This was awesome! You did very good and its very believable! They were totally in character too! Great job!
Tail Ring chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
I really, really like this idea and the way that you have presented it. It has an incredibly sinister undertone to it that just delights the senses. I also liked how you've ended this piece. I have read your other works and I do commend you on your writing skills, especially in your portrayal of Turbo. Well done!
XXPay4XtraShippingsXX chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
Lol, very nice as always!