Reviews for Iris: A Professor Layton FanFic
x Frostbite x chapter 10 . 2/16
This story is so awesome! I think Anton and Sophia are one of the best couples EVER. They just have a really beautiful story together! I hope you will find time to add a new chapter soon, because this is just... Fantastic.
m.pogtz chapter 10 . 11/4/2013
Is this going to be continued?!
I love it so much!
Guest chapter 8 . 10/8/2013
Wow I can't believe it you are like a twin sister I never had coz I love Anton Herzen and Henry Ledore so much.
This story is amazing by the way:)
Someone chapter 10 . 9/23/2013
So I was reading your fan fiction, and then I come across a word I don't know, 'Venerable'.
Soooo, I decide to search it up on Google, you know, as people do when they don't know the meaning of something... I think.
And so the first definition makes sense to the scenario:
Adjective
a great deal of respect, esp. because of age, wisdom, or character: "a venerable statesman".
But then I read the second definition:
2.(in the Roman Catholic Church) A title given to a deceased person who has attained a certain degree of sanctity but has not been fully...
WTH? That makes like ZERO sense with the given scenario of your fan fiction! :_:
So, according to Google; Anton knew he was more - a title given to a deceased person who had attained a certain degree of sanctity but has not been fully... - than ever.
W.T.H.
Anyway, this was an interesting chapter, and thanks for finally uploading, I was beginning to think you'd like died or something... :_:
But it's good that you're alive and uploading lots of awesome fan fiction! :)
OK, so, even though your fan fiction is amazing and interesting, there is one tiny little problem that just doesn't make any sense, I thought I would point it out so it can help you make your fan fiction flawless. :)
1. Anton mentions that " I hated what that mine was doing to my father. He used to be such a kind, thoughtful man. Now I noticed that he was slowly becoming greedy. It was as if he couldn't get enough of it all; like a drug."
OK, so I'm pretty sure that back in the olden days, they didn't HAVE any problems with drugs. Back then they probably didn't even have ENOUGH drugs to heal themselves in times of need. I'm not sure if they did use drugs for enjoyment back then. Hence why the sentence doesn't make any sense. But I might be wrong, if I am, then please correct me. Just thought I'd put it out there :)
-Someone
P.S. I feel really sorry for Anton... Poor thing. He's always under constant stress and his father treats him like he's his property or something... ;_;
And when he tries to please his father, that just makes me so sad! :(
Poor Anton! He should be accepted for who he is! His father is so meeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnn :(
The Mocking J chapter 10 . 9/23/2013
Yes, an UPDATE! I've missed Anton and his crazy family :D I never thought about it when I was playing Diabolical Box, but I can definitely see the sons being quite upset when the duke decided to dig under the castle. And poor Fredrich, you can really understand why he's unhappy.
Anton's probably going to brood in his room for a while, then he'll contact Sophia to cheer him up :3
Someone chapter 9 . 9/7/2013
Herro!
It's me again! I reviewed this fan fiction a couple of months ago, so anyway I was real bust with LOTS of boring every day life stuff that people need to do ( I have an English essay I have to complete but I honestly am NOT in the mood at the moment) . So I was looking forward to finally having enough time to read fan fiction.
I don't want to be rude, but, why haven't you been writing? ;_;
I was looking forward to reading this one, I really wanted to know what would happen. :(
I just hope you will start writing again so i can read you amazing story...
Someone chapter 9 . 7/7/2013
Well this is an extremely amusing fan fiction. (In the good way :)
But, i have some questions that i really need answering if it is possible?
i must admit that the name Anton is the worst name i have ever heard. I have like a sensitivity to it, it just annoys me. I mean what kind of a person would call their child "ANTON"?
I mean sure Anthony is a good name, but SERIOUSLY? ANTON? HOW ON EARTH DID THEY COME UP WITH THAT NAME? Oh, did some random guy decide to announce:
"Hey, I have an ant on my pie."
"Wait, what did you say?"
"I said, hey, i have an ant on my pie."
"You have an ANT ON your pie?"
"yes i have an ANT ON my pie."
"ANTON."
"Um... Whatever floats your boat."
"I AM GOING TO NAME MY CHILD ANTON, THE NAME I CAME UP WITH."
"Ummmmmm... Ok then... You do that..."
Seriously, i swear that's how it was made!
By the way, i am not offending you and your amazing skills at writing fan fiction but i really needed to get that out of my system.
Another thing i am confused about is, well, didn't they in the olden days call people they didn't know so well by their full name? So if he was walking in they would announce "Blah, Blah, ANTHONY HERZEN blah, blah"? Because it's basically the same as saying (If they were announcing that Sophia entered for some reason i am not aware of) "Blah, daughter of blah, Soph (whatever her last name is) blah". So what i am trying to say is, if his real name is Anthony, then WHY do random strangers call him by his nickname? It's also the exact same as calling like a honorable duke, such as his father, by his nickname. And i think you mentioned (I think Sophia did but i can't remember) 'You call them by their full names'
So, in conclusion:
1. ANTON IS A BAD NAME (No offence to people with that name, because i used to know someone named Anton and he was a lovely person)
2. Why does everyone call Anton Anthony? That would have been considered rude back in the olden days (Which is strange because in the game he was also called Anton by everyone, unless his actual full name IS Anton but i don't know. Most likely because then the villagers mustn't have respected him to call him by his nickname but i HAVE NO IDEA)
3. Even though i think Anton and Sophia are super adorable together, i kind of got REALLY annoyed at Sophia for leaving Anton (in the game) without telling him properly why. She just went like "There is someone i love that needs me more than you do" What is this? Puzzle number "123IAMGOINGTOBEANNOYING"? i MEAN COME ON SHE DIDN'T EVEN TELL HIM THAT SENTENCE WAS A PUZZLE! EVEN I would have thought she loved some other guy! And i was all "Excuse me? TALK LIKE A NORMAL PERSON IF YOU ARE PREGNANT AND YOU WANT HAVE TO LEAVE THEN JUST TELL HIM LIKE 'I am pregnant and this place is horrible for a child because everyone here is crazy because of that stupid hallucinating gas and that is why i have to leave and i love you and will never forget you and i am soo sorry but i have to leave and you can't leave with me because you have to stay here (Sorry, i forgot the reason why he had to stay but... I think you get the point.)' ".

Right... Well, i wrote a bit too much... Sorry.
And PLEASE PLEASE don't get upset by the stuff i wrote i didn't actually mean to offend you i just ask weird questions. I absolutely LOVE IT and i think i am going to follow the story for a long time ;)
BTW i have NO IDEA what playoffs are but i'm guessing this is football?
Guest chapter 9 . 6/10/2013
I'm not sure how to tell you how much I love this. Short drunk people are the best. Seriously. I'm so glad I finally found the time to read this chapter because I absolutely live it. It's funny and cute and you're just so good at writing! I don't understand people with talent. Either way keep on keeping on! -Jenn Dolly ;)
Skelegirl chapter 9 . 5/21/2013
This fanfic gives me so many feels I should have read it sooner omg
THEY DESERVE TO BE TOGWTHER OKAY
Seventh Sunset chapter 9 . 5/15/2013
CONGRATS ON PASSING THE 50 REVIEW MARK *confetti and balloons and glitter and happiness rain down*

Drunk Fredrich was a win. I would have laughed even harder if he questioned why Sophia had purple hair in the first place. Then again, colorful hair isn't really that uncommon in the Laytonverse xD

Excuse you and your foreshadowing but now I'm thinking of that scene where Anton is explaining the Elysian box to Luke and now I remember the part about the box and diary being stolen and that means that at some point in the story Anton will have to hear the box was stolen and go through the emotional stress of that and I don't know if I can handle the feels or not and just *sobs*

Each chapter just gets better and better. I like the direction it's headed in, an as always I can't wait for more!

-Lizz
katrina chapter 5 . 5/15/2013
Awhh so sweet! you've made the characters so real I love it :)
The Mocking J chapter 9 . 5/11/2013
Exciting foreshadowing, I think we'll be seeing more of that diary :D Lol drunken Fredrich!
yamiakuzetsu chapter 9 . 5/10/2013
Darn it, I was so absorbed in Tumblr and my drawing stuff that I almost forgot leaving a review. XD
(I guess you would recognize me as yamiakuzetsu/victory-duo?)

Anyway, heehee... The poor guy couldn't get Sophia off his mind! And I love how you did the conversation between the brothers; it was really fun to read. :D
Demetry2499 chapter 9 . 5/10/2013
Another amazing chapter! AND THE DIARY! I almost forgot about that! I remember that when i first found it, i kept wondering who it belonged to, and then i finally figured out it was Anton's after finishing the game.

Figures Fredrich would get drunk... it seems much more likely for him than most other characters... and it adds some humor into the story! A very clever touch!
ruby chapter 7 . 5/9/2013
i probably already wrote a review for this chap but its still awesome the second time i read it! love it :*
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »