Reviews for Project GUARDIAN: The Rise & Fall
holy shit that was beautiful
like seriously this is the kind of fanfic that should get a friggin book i mean jfc
i don't even like romance and yet! in this! it worked so well! i am overcome with emotions right now pls excuse me i need to go cru and laugh at the same time
SharKohen chapter 56 . 11/6
Oh my goodness. What can I say about this that hasn't been said?
Well, this has to be one of the most elaborate pieces of work I have ever read on this site. The way you've adapted the rotg material to this story is fantastic. The attention to detail, from the weapons handling to the character backstories to the bits and pieces of culture of every place that they go, is incredible. And the action scenes - wow! Most people would balk at writing a car chasing scene, but you've had not one but three! (Or maybe more). The world that you've created for the modern guardians is remarkable, from the simple ideals the agency was built on all the way to its veering into the gray areas. And the characters! I'm glad that you really took the time to flesh all of them out and bring them all back in for the big finale. Awesome! And the twists! Wow - I didn't really see the whole thing about Tooth having (spoilers) coming at all, but it makes so much sense as time goes on. And the massive foreshadowing for the menthol...wow, you've really planned this well. I salute you for the humongous amount of research you've needed to achieve the level of detail. Really, every time they go to a new place, I feel like I'm going there with them - and the places do feel really different.
The only thing that I had difficulty getting through was the writing style you adopted. At some places, like when needing to show grief and PTSD, the stuttering and the broken chain style is really effective, but when dragged for a few chapter is sometimes becomes confusing and even unsettling. I do recognize that for many parts, the style is necessary to communicate the confusion the characters are undergoing themselves, but it does feel quite tiring to read through those after a while (tiring because, well, I did get revery emotionally invested with the people - so kudos on that) and sometimes I just scroll through them to get to the story. So... a bit of problem there. Also, for many scenes there are the 'countdowns' going on, the countdowns can sometimes be very effective in communicating urgency, but other times it just interrupts the story flow. If you ever write this style for other story or anything, maybe just start the count down thing nearer the end time to reduce the jarring feeling.
That said, it is without doubt that this story's successes outweigh it's flaws. It's a gripping story with complex twists and interesting, well-rounded characters with great backstories. My favorite backstory must be that of Tooth's parents (because in my mind, I couldn't conceive how the heck royalty could ever meet a (spoiler) but the set up made perfect sense). Pitch is genuinely terrifying. The tributes to asian cultures and traditions is a welcome departure from the usually euro-centric stories that this site possess (of which I'm a guilty contributor to. Hehe). The build-ups and the plot twists are certainly effective and this terrifying, beautiful world that you made is one that I don't think I would want to live in (because ...it's kinda scary...). This is a truly masterpiece. Not the easiest to read, but definitely worth the time. Thank you for sharing this tale.
wdq
LazyLovelyOnyx chapter 33 . 8/30
Dude, why? This is way to many feels for me being in homeroom!
LovelyOnyx chapter 23 . 8/26
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
LovelyOnyx chapter 21 . 8/25
SHITE!
AgentFFW chapter 56 . 7/16
Oh my god. That was the best FanFiction I have ever read. You write amazingly, in both technique and story. I love the world you crafted, and the characters in it. This honestly felt less like a FanFiction, and more like a stand alone novel. You are a talented writer, and I can't wait for more.
Layla chapter 56 . 4/12
I can't even explain how amazing this fic is. I spent all day and night trying to finish this as fast as possible because I just can't get enough. Now that I've read it all, I need to read more of this story! If you ever get the time, I'm begging you to at least think scoot writing a sequel!
SassySnowflake16 chapter 1 . 4/11
HOW HAVE I NEVER SEEN THIS STORY
Ju83x chapter 18 . 4/3
99thProblem chapter 33 . 3/14
Wait, didn't one of those writings in the core of the HQ sayThis life didn't choose you, but you chose this life" or something similar? But if the agents didn't sign up to become a GUARDIAN, than that isn't true, right? The GUARDIAN program seems a bit sinister, and unnecessarily so.
99thProblem chapter 28 . 3/13
Tooth's constant stuttering is quiet annoying... I mean she even stutters IN HER THOUGHTS. like wtf?
It can get on your nerves over time.
99thProblem chapter 27 . 3/13
Now see, THAT'S exactly why I read stories on fanfiction. It can't really be explained that easily, but the revelations of this chapter reminded me why I like these kinds of epic plot twists.
99thProblem chapter 18 . 3/9
First I didn't know what driving stick meant with my limited english vocabulary and expressions but now I get it...
I guess most people in the US drive without gear shift, which would be a bit weird for us, since everyone here uses one. I've only ever been in a few cars that didn't have one.
99thProblem chapter 1 . 3/6
Very good. Your song choices can also be trusted, because you don't choose your favourite song but sthing that fits without lyrics
1,867 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »