Reviews for Ookami Kodomo Extended Ending
Unkown Being chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
There Is A Section For It But Its In English
BenignUser chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
I had to really dig deep to find this fic. It's a shame that Wolf Children/Ookami Kodomo doesn't have it's own section here. I would have thought the movie would end up being quite popular. I mean, I watched it, I enjoyed it, and the ending left me feeling pretty down. That should be the perfect formula for lots of fanfics, no?

This was short, but it was very sweet. Hana's story in the movie was so bittersweet that I just ache to give her a somewhat happier ending. And the same for Yuki, as well. And for that I'm glad to have been able to read this.

Ame's actions go much further beyond the end of the movie. It was rather jarring how Yuki's reaction was missing, and I'm glad to see you touched up on it a bit there. As I read your fic my heart ached that Ame couldn't seem to reply to his mother, that he could only offer her token affection with no words shared, and how he always seems to just push her away whenever she spoke about "human matters" such as the farms and his sister. And so when he finally spoke, and acknowledged Hana as his mother, I definitely felt elated. It offers a feeling of hope, that Ame might not always be the lone wolf, and I like that.

Thank you for the warm read.
Anonyma chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
Thank you so much for writing this. I'm crying now. This is just what the movie needed 3
NoRatCat chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
Thank you for writing this! I've been looking for a fanfic based upon this film. I admit, I haven't watched the flm yet, mostly because I don't know where to view the Japanese language version, and the English dub has not come out yet. But I looked up the film's summary on wikipedia, so I know the basics of the story and how it begins and ends. I really hope that when the film is given a broader audience in the US, more fanfics will come. To be honest, once I see the film, I plan on writing a one shot. Nothing grand and I am not sure it will grow into something more, but it involves a basic idea of mine: What if Yuki had kids one day?

Short as this was, I liked the emotion and this is going in my favorites.