Reviews for Gilda's Gloriously Grandiose Grievous Grudge
1AngelOfDarkness101 chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
This was really funny xD
LuffyKun3695 chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
So. Much. POLYAMORY!

This was pretty cute though.
Dark Fluffy Bunny chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
So ponies are born like cybertronions? I must admit that is a rather strange thought.
dontblamemeimhuman chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
Strange
Guest chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
im not a supporter of homosexuality, but that was hilarious :D
Yamimaru chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
Why did you make like half the citizens of Ponyville into Changelings and such?

Gilda really should have bothered to learn about Equestrian culture, considering how long she spent at Flight Camp there. And why did you decide to make Rainbow's parents expies of the Mane Six? Though I don't think that the joke about Rainbow Dash being made in a factory will ever get old.

Discord is hilarious in this, especially his denial of his own reformation. And he has a plan that will actually work. Though I do have to wonder, why Trixie/Lightning Dust?
fatescanner chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
By Celestia's beard, when I heard from Arcy that you had written a My Little Pony oneshot, my reaction was akin to that of Rainbow Dash when she was introduced to the Wonderbolts! Seriously, as soon as I heard, I couldn't get here fast enough to read it. And to think this had been published for three days before I heard about it! Makes me wonder if my encouraging you that it was alright to take time off from BNW to write a MLP oneshot a while back played any part in you wanting to write this. If so, then that was truly one of the greatest pieces of advice I've ever given in my life, cause this was one of the most times I've ever laughed while reading an MLP fic, and I could tell just by reading it that you had a tremendous amount of fun in writing this oneshot, it just shows in the words and how brilliantly you portrayed the characters in it. You've told me before that you've been dying to write an MLP fic of your own; I can only imagine how much of a exciting and fun change of pace it must've been to write this, after having spent so much time concentrating solely on BNW. :)

Now for a more in-depth look at some of the parts I enjoyed or otherwise took note of.

'Is there a wild storm coming out of the Everfree Forest? A wild monster coming out of the Everfree Forest? Has the Everfree Forest itself come to life and started marching on town to punish us for cutting down their brethren to make our houses?'

Aw, can't help but think that you missed out on adding in a funny reference to Story of the Blanks here. After Rainbow said, 'A wild monster coming out of the Everfree Forest?' you could've had her say, 'A veritable legion of eternally damned undead village ponies coming out of the Everfree Forest?' or something along those lines. What makes it ever more funny is the fact that in template93's continuation of the SofB story, which he made a comic adaptation of, that looks like exactly what's going to happen. :P

Lol, Derpy's good with a war flail? Hard to believe with her eye condition that she could swing any weapon competently. XD

'...or a lush who as a master of Drunken Hoof.' Er, what's a lush? Also, you forgot to add a w for was, there.

I wonder what Gilda's been doing all this time between her leaving Ponyville in Griffon the Brush Off and now. I mean, sure, Trixie spent near the same amount of time before enacting her revenge scheme, but at least her scheme was sufficiently evil and well-thought out, as opposed to Gilda's here. If this was the best revenge scheme Gilda could come up with, she's obviously a few apples short of a bushel, as Applejack would say. A dastardly evil genius, Gilda most certainly is not. :P

"Ah am," Applejack said drily. "Which is we gotta put a stop to this." Forgot to add in 'why' there.

Speaking of ponies in town being changelings, I recently read a story on fimfiction about Twilight being turned into a changeling, who can in turn change other ponies in town into changeling thralls by extended physical contact. I'm pretty sure it was entitled, 'Want Me, Love Me, Need Me'. Pretty interesting story, if a bit dark. Changelings are a pretty interesting species in the MLP verse. I wonder if anyone's written a story portraying them in a more positive light, like a changeling protagonist or supporting character?

I lol'ed big time at your mentioning of Fallout: Equestria. While I enjoy the fic myself (still haven't finished it, currently at Chapter 23), I know it isn't for everyone, so I'm not upset or anything for you making fun of it. Like I said, I thought it was freaking hilarious. XD

Lol, and here I thought that Luna had learned to tone down her voice whilst in public. I'm surprised that Twilight or Celestia didn't remind her of this fact. Although, I suppose Luna could just be using the RCV just to troll Twilight and her sister or something. :P

By Luna's tidal mareheat, the sheer amount of same-sex relationships in Ponyville is staggering, LOL! Also, royal harem FTW! (Although I do find the concept of the Mane 6 as sex slaves for Twilight kinda put-offish and iffy, I managed to look past it in this instance due to incredible hilarity it brings with it. :P)

Oh Berry Punch, is there ever a time when you're not completely shit-faced? XD

Was that freakishly huge pegasus ever given a canon name? I've heard the names Snowflake and Roid Rage given to him by fans, I prefer to refer to him by the latter, myself. :P

I personally like to think of Griffonia as an MLP version of Westeros from the Game of Thrones series, after seeing some of Equestria-Prevails's artwork of griffins on deviantart. Have you ever seen his artwork?

I'm guessing the models you used for Rainbow Dash' parents are meant to represent the original concepts that Lauren Faust had for the Mane 6, right? Also, Surprise was epicly funny, but then again, she IS essentially Pinkie Pie, or an earlier concept for her, anyway, so that goes without saying. XD

Instead of having Luna throw popcorn kernels at Celestia by hoof, you could've upped the hilarity factor by having her spraying chewed up kernels out of her mouth, seeing as she was using the RCV. Wouldn't be the first time she's done it, just ask Derpy. XD

There was absolutely no way she was ever, ever going to let them know the truth…that her middle name wasn't Danger.

It was Miriam!

LE GASP! :O XD

Ah, Discord. Now here was a character that I could just tell you loved writing, and you certainly did an awesome job doing so. Very hilarious ending segment, indeed. XD

And that's it! Once again, I must say how wonderful a job you did on your first foray into MLP fanfiction, man. As Rainbow Dash would say, it was SO AWESOME! /)3(\ And to think, I still got yet another MLP fic of yours to review! I'll try to write one for that one sometime soon, as well. :)

Anyway, till next time, Ri2! Here's a parting brohoof for ya, you deserve one. :) /)

csigamer1990
Story Weaver1 chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
I hadn't thought of it that way but now that you mention it, ponies do have...other recourses to reproduction.

Another delightfullly funny fic about a serious subject, though this one was sadder than the other. Poor Gilda, but she's still a bitch.

Luna and HER CANTERLOT VOICE were fun interjections, especially at the end with the ice cream.

I can believe Pinkie Pie asked Celestia if she had tail twitches but only because it's her. That kind of innocent audacity could only come from her.

The end(?) was also great; Discord the Totally-Not-Reformed and his Evil League of Evilness.
KitsuneNoYomeiri chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
Most of the fic was spent in giggles.
HVK chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
I gotta say, I really like the title of this fic! Added Alliterative Appeal!

Due to my inexperience with the actual series itself, my assumption is that Rainbow Dash’s routine typically involves the following: wake up, make things awesome. Dial up the awesome until the notch goes past eleven. Make things even MORE awesome, and repeat until the Spiral Nemesis is a distinct possibility.

Getting a cutie mark for something related to wells seems a bit ignominious. And plus, anything related to wells reminds me of the Shadow Temple from Ocarina of Time. (I don’t think that’s the ACTUAL dungeon, but I can’t remember what it was actually called so that’s the best I can come up with off the top of my head.) Speaking of that dungeon, I don’t supposed it’s related to the subterranean dungeon of horrors below Ponyville?

On that note, I’m surprised there actually IS a subterranean dungeons of undead horrors beneath Ponyville. I like that idea; it makes Equestria a more adventurous world and invites a lot of fun possibilities.

Wow, the Everfree Forest is seriously dangerous; why DO they live so close to it? (And in another universe, it has become inhabited by friendly Orks and the Dinobots!)

I’m honestly not sure who Gilda actually is; the most I’ve garnered from fanarts and occasional references is that she’s Rainbow Dash’s friend, WAS her friend, or is in a relationship with her. Reading this fic, I see that they were ex-friends, but I don’t know any specifics.

That Oncoming Storm comment makes me think of the popular Doctor Who crossovers with Friendship Is Magic; is Derpy’s husband the pony-fied Doctor? (If so, having her threatened or beat up is perhaps as dangerous for your antagonists as being married or a friend to, say, Asura.)

Yeah, that comment about Derpy’s husband allegedly destroying countless worlds DEFINITELY makes me think he’s the Doctor.

Pegasi must be SERIOUSLY tough to withstand the kind of forces a sonic boom would put on their bodies! (Then again, magic, but I consider just saying ‘it’s magic’ to be a bit lazy, and more interesting to examine precisely HOW magical reinforcement or powers affects this sort of thing.)

I find it pretty cool that even semi-deities as mighty as Luna and Celestia are still cool enough to come down and check out some gossip on one of their subjects. (I must now develop a headcanon that Noi enjoys watching plays when he has nothing better to do. Or something similar with one of the other Divine Ministers.)

I really enjoy parenthetical swearing; it both conveys extremity in speech, and it’s funnier than ACTUAL swearing. The use of ‘bucking’ as a curse and Gilda referring to payback as a ‘female dog’ is good here.

Knowing how this ends, Gilda’s comment about how she’ll be the only one willing to associate with Rainbow Dash, and later on in being in denial about her sexual orientation, is… interesting.

Fluttershy writes erotic novels about expies of herself and her friends? That’s actually rather cute and appealing; I’ve worked out a similar idea, that Bubblegum has published novels about any expy of herself as a warrior knight or barbarian queen wooing a shy and prince-ified version of Finn., all published under a pseudonym.

I really like Applejack; she’s got the appropriate perspective about her friend’s dirty secret being revealed. (Though Rarity’s enthusiasm for scandal makes for good comedy.)

Cyborgs, secret sea ponies and changelings in disguise; Ponyville is pretty awesome! Plus, time-traveling aliens! (But then who’s the other one, the one who ISN’T the Doctor?)

Fallout, as a series, is both incredibly awesome and nightmarish; it’s a good thing it was averted here!

Sadly for Gilda, she lacked Genre Savvy and failed to realize that Equestria has a good sense of not caring about sexuality. Or how many partners a pony has. Which is a very good approach to take! It’s always great to see that in fiction.

It makes sense that Luna, being old-fashioned, immediately assumes that Gilda meant ‘gay’ in the original sense of the word.

I think that a lot of people today genuinely don’t know that the term lesbian originates from the Lesbos Islands. (And those islands exist in Equestria?)

Ack, Gilda has some very crude terms at her disposal, ick!

It’s hilarious how long it took for Gilda to get it across what she meant to them… and how little it actually matters. It’s just a thing in Equestria, and I like how inconsequential sexuality is to them. It’s the correct attitude, I think!

I really like the approach you took here, of all the ponies being totally bewildered why preferring mares for sexual reasons would be considered a bad thing, and are totally puzzled why Gilda considered it a dark secret.

What’s the story behind that demon king and queen Celestia banished? And… apparently being reincarnated as pets or something?

Multishipping being accepted and good in Equestria; I do love multishipping! It’s good in everything, and resolves all shipping problems, and makes things even better!

What’s the deal with Lyra actually not being an Earth Pony?

What’s going on between Pinky Pie and Pokey Pierce?

AHHH, all the multishipping, as listed by Pinky Pie! Even to someone outside the fandom, it’s quite beautiful.

All six together makes PERFECT sense to me! The more, the merrier! …In shipping ,especially.

That ‘liquid disgust’ thing pretty much seals that Gilda is in a transparent closet.

I have to admit, relying exclusively on biological childbirth, especially when you have access to resources of great magic and technology (or both), sounds really boring and inefficient.

Rarity is right; that’s SO VERY LIMITING. (And Gaia and Autochthon apologize for not thinking of this when they invented sex. Presumably, Gaia invented it anyway; Autochthon is stated to have devised life and art, but I don’t know if he was involved in, say, coming up with the particulars. Certainly, in Exalted canon, Creation was created by… well, lots of lesbian sex between Gaia and Cythera The Divine Ignition.)

There is certainly no shame in coming from a factory!

Rainbow Dash has six mothers? That explains her hair color!

Poor Macintosh, everyone focuses on him! (And also, he was Thor once. Given the attention he gets from women and other men, that actually makes sense.)

In that bit where Rainbow Dash is upset after Gilda takes off, the improvements from your original draft are apparent; the pacing is a lot better, and there’s a lot more interesting minor elements that I’ve really come to like in your stories (like the references to the Doctor, strange little happenings, and so on).

Luna is frankly hilarious here; she makes great comedy relief.

Poor Spike, always forgotten! (How does he fit into your shipping ideas, by the way? I kinda-sorta ship him with Rarity, but don’t know enough about their characters to know if I should seriously ship them.)

How does Celestia get around cake?

Her dark secret is that her real name is Miriam? But that’s such an awesome name! (And is the proper name of Yeshua’s mother, I believe.)

Discord’s an awesome dude, and hilarious!

…Whoa, she spent THAT long at an exchange program and never noticed how Equestria’s sexuality differs so drastically from her own culture’s?

Gilda must scream and has no mouth; is that a direct reference to And I Must Scream?

Discord is really bad at pretending to be redeemed; I’m debating whether or not to make the Ebon Dragon like that too, as I have read essays suggesting it might be done!

All in all, a very nice story; I’m glad you showed it to me before you posted! Guess I was sorta like a beta there. I really enjoyed the additional stuff you put it, and it was a very fine read. And in some ways, a loving tribute to multishipping! Excellent work, my friend.
Loquacious Sesquipedalian chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
Ri2 is a brony! :D yes-yes-yes-yes! Yep, just a little excited.

Perhaps a little too chaotic and crazy for my tastes... But each pony was definitely at their funniest. And twilight with the royal harem! Couldn't help but grin.

Anywho, I'd be absolutely delighted to read any mlp fiction you may decide to write after Brave New World is finished! I'd love to see something show up on !
PyraohXBlaze chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
This is one of the funniest MLP fanfics I've ever read. I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing out loud in school. Luna's parts were the best to me. I don't even mind that almost everyone was gay. I actually liked it that way, it seemed to fit for the story. Really impressive, keep up the good work
Sonofhades57 chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
Well, that was insane. But quite a good brand of insane. I look forward to the follow-up.
ultimateCCC chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
What's the follow-up?
Wolfdragon1 chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
This is the most craziest thing of MLP I have ever seen. Considering you placed in almost every fanfic out there.

Now Primus will rock you out. Primus?

Primus: playing Time of Dying by Three Days Grace.

See you next time for Pokemon.

Primus: still playing

Okay you can stop now.

Primus: still, still playing

THAT'S IT!

Throws myself at him.

Primus calmly side step, making me smash through the wall. Brings my head back up glaring at him.

Primus: You should have placed the other princesses in a relationship.

What he said. (Glares again). Like I said, see you next chapter.