Reviews for Anything You Can Do (I can do better)
Jenjoremy chapter 1 . 3/13
Awwww! What a sweet story. Love brotherly smoop!
TolkienGirl chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
Even better than the first...this is adorable and feelsy and...you are really incredible :)
Cdw43 chapter 1 . 11/22/2013
I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this but was intrigued enough to give it a shot. So glad I did. You captured the boys perfectly. Amazing what can come out of a pie...
twinklingeyes07 chapter 1 . 11/15/2013
cute :)
Pip3 chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
more of these, please. i wouldn't mind a whole series of betty crocker shorts. they are so cute.
daleaikman chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
That was funny and sad at the same time. I loved reading it.
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
Sam laughed. Because it was a joke, they both knew it. The idea of Sam bumbling around in the kitchen was funny.

...And a-friggin'-dorable! I so want to see that kitchen on the show but you gave it to us here!

Loved this line from Dean: Oh, and which one of us went to Stanford then, I forget?" he said, settling for something he could wrap his head around. "Oh right. Not me."

'Casue the whole jumping into hell was too big to think about

And this line from Sam : "It was a test, okay?" Sam blurted out, turning around to face Dean. "A stupid test. I just... I wanted to think that if I could figure this out, this one thing, how to make a goddamned pie, that I could..." He threw up his hands and gestured at the mess in the kitchen as if it explained everything.

Know what you did? You took such a simple thing - a simple everyday object. An old cookbook... and turned it into an emotional dug- deep- into- the- soul story! That's something!

Thank you for your talent and sharing!
Karen
Scribble2Much chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
I like how you took such a simple issue and made it into an angst-fest. Well done.
Baishu chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
Oh god, this is the Winchester-way: getting all deep and angsty oVER DAMN PIE. Very realistic. Still it made sense, was a joy to read and a joy to imagine Sam covered in flour getting worked up over a pie :)
laurie31 chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
How did I miss this one earlier? Awesome Pi(e) day story! I loved how Sammy got all emotional about not being able to make a pie (and poor Sam, there's no shame in using refrigerated dough - pie crust from scratch is HARD! lol!) and then it turned out to be about the trials and then Dean teaching him and...oh, love, love, love. :)
bluecharlotte chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Oh god. You wrote pie angst (PIE ANGST!) and it is so beautiful. I love how attuned they are to each other and Sam's insecurities make total sense and Dean's cooking skills, I cannot. This fic was simply amazing as a whole.
ackeberlynn chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
"Trust me, Sammy. No one was more surprised than me to see you messing around in my kitchen."

"It's our kitchen, Dean."

"Oh, so then it's our library, I suppose."

Sam appeared to think about it as he came back over and set the book down between them on the counter, letting a cloud of flour puff out from under its cover. "Your kitchen," he agreed. "What do we do first?"

Oh... LOVE. :D
CrimzonChyld chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
Well, since I read your profile and you said you'd get unreasonably excited about a review I thought I should leave you one on one of your fics since I'm the same way. This was cute, poor Sam trying to be just as good as Dean and at the same time trying to prove to himself that he was good enough to do the trials and come out okay in the end by baking a pie. Sam's too hard on himself. Dean is an awesome big brother.
Personally, I'm glad to be getting some of the bromance back on the show, it's hard watching them fight with each other.
Seriously, good fic, I really liked it a lot!
AshleyMarie84 chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
I had to laugh envisioning a flour covered Sammy. So cute! You write frusterated Sam very well. All the stress of the trials and everything else going on in his life just seemed to come to a head in the kitchen.

I hate that Sam feels so worthless, but OMG this line:

"You jumped into Lucifer's cage, Sam, he wanted to say. You saved me, you saved the whole damn world."

THAT right there just killed me because the brave man that took on Lucifer and saved billions of people should NEVER feel worthless and inadequate. I wish Dean would have said that. But, yes it was probably too big to bring up at that point. Great story!
doyleshuny chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
Sammy should have tried an easier dish then pie. I'm a fantastic cook but making a really good pie is almost impossible even with Betty Crockers help. I'm just glad that Dean knew how to make his little brother feel better. I have a little brother and the kid is impossible at times.