Reviews for Without Thorn the Rose
JulianneL chapter 17 . 7/15
Quick question, how come Harry never went back to Bjorn? I really liked there relationship. T.T I loved the story, but to be honest, I don't think I'll read the sequel; it's just so damn depressing. Literally it's a story sinking in morbid, sad stuff. Harry's got nobody! Except Bjorn, who Harry stopped talking to. T.T
QueenGenevieve chapter 17 . 4/30
Great story, very dark. You said at the beginning that there would be several stories and that it would take a very long time to write, my question is, how committed are you to finishing it all? I don't mean to be rude or anything, but it really sucks when you get involved in an epic and don't get an ending.
This is an excellent story, and the first instalment has definitely left me wanting answers!
StoryWriter831 chapter 4 . 3/18
God, I'm really enjoying this so far! I'm totally captivated about where it will go. How is Harry going to react to the Dementor's when he can see souls, and he has no problem with coldness?

I also like how you emphatically stress that this isn't a romance. I looked at some of the pictures you gathered on pininterest, and can't help thinking you either have loads of free time, or very little social life. Lol. (Oops, did I write that out loud?)

Now I'm wondering whether I'll be able to convince any of my friends to read this. I mostly just read romances, and usually only those with, for some inexplicable reason, Draco. I'm not sure why I clicked the on the sequel to this story when I saw it in the list. Something about the synopsis just pulled me in and then I figured I'd better check out the first one. I'm really glad I did. This is really different, but mainly very intelligent and mature. You're hinting around at all of these future mysteries I'm like, "Where is she going with this?" I have to know!

I just wish I had more free time to read it in longer stretches. I keep getting interrupted by "life" stuff, like work and family and Spring Break camping trips. I have this feeling it would be twice as enjoyable if I could just get lost in it for a few hours in a row.

So, anywho, I'm just going on and on. Sorry for the ramble. Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing your rich, expansive imagination with us. It's a real treat.
deadwinds chapter 3 . 3/12
Aw man I cried so hard, well done.
celine.sLineC-Line chapter 16 . 3/5
the sool in electra black body? hein? sorry, perhaps its my english, but i don't understan how she now apparate and have the sool of the godess...
im gonna read your next story...
too bad harry isn't going to durmstrang
to bad harry is gonna speak with draco malefoy, i don't like the malefoy family...
but i realy like the idea about the lestrange family...
and i m quiet curious to understand why sirius realy did get himself charmed to lose his memories...
Sabie0521 chapter 17 . 2/18
This story was just so amazing! I don't read many Harry Potter fics, but they always end up being some of my favourites. And this one has definitely earned a spot on that list. :)
odlaw.zeinke chapter 16 . 2/14
I just want to tell you, this is a delightful story. I'm going to read the sequel right away.
mommo chapter 16 . 12/15/2014
Interesting . . .
PrometheusII chapter 16 . 9/30/2014
Very excellent writing.

I do not really understand why so many stories on this site are about abusive relationships.. or in this case, this.. broken relationship between Harry and James. I certainly do not like it, as I also do not like things like Harry's thoughts at the cliff... imagining to be desired so fiercly (as he imagines the island, the rocks being loved by the sea... claimed by it.. dissolved, destroyed by it!).
Why always this hurt/comfort stuff, angst, submissive behaviour, this craving to be abused etc?

But luckily, even though these things DO appear in this story, the entire story does not revolve around them. The writing is eccelent, there are many, many unique ideas etc and the author is not afraid to push the plot forwards, and this is awesome! Many other stores on this site where the author puts much thought into world-building etc never develop.. the characters do not develop, no plot happens etc... this is different here.
I truly hope, that also the characters will develop.. not only secondary characters but also Harry himself! I expect to see some character growth in the sequel.. him not only angsting about his mistakes but actually learning from them! (which could either mean him becoming more and more ruthless/dark.. or the opposite.. that he learns to consider the ethics of what he is doing! I would prefer that. It is soooo much more difficult to write about someone who tries to be ethical, while being strong. Just a dark, emotional kind of teenager in his rebellion.. gets booooring :P )

So thanks for this quite excellent story - I hope that the sequel will go in interesting directions and not well.. not-so-interesting ones :P

Cheers.
Chim Cheree chapter 13 . 8/20/2014
Just something that bothered me: Harry and Sirius talk about Lucretia Prewett and that she is Harry's great-grandmother and that Harry will inherit the Black fortune if he tells people who his mother really was. So here Sirius knows who Harry's mother was.
Then later, when they talk about Voldemort Sirius says "it was a muggleborn who did him in" but why would he say that if he already knows that Lily was no muggleborn?
Other than that great chapter, you have me a bit worried with Rabastan's disappearance, can't wait to read more.
Chim Cheree chapter 9 . 8/20/2014
Great portrayal of Rabastan. The Lestrange's are great characters to play with, I like it when authors give them a bigger part in their story.
Chim Cheree chapter 8 . 8/20/2014
Really like your story, it's very interesting and very well written. I'm really curious how things will proceed. The name Bello for the raven made me laugh a bit. In Germany it's a very clich├ęd name for a dog, the nice, child-friendly ones like the Bernese Mountain Dog. Anyway, I can't wait for him to meet the prisoners and I am curious about the many mysteries in Harry's life.
BreathingStar chapter 1 . 8/4/2014
That review 'I realised another thing...' was from me. Sorry, forgot to log in.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/4/2014
I realised another thing you did very very well in the story which is that while you introduce Harry's 'freakishness' right away, you don't focus too much on it. You're also making Harry's upbringing in the wizarding world obvious without any information seeming forced.
There's this diversity of topics that are covered, (also including emotions, humour) and I really like the speed of the story as well as how realistically Harry acts. He's a rather special or lonely child, but still a child. I think the characters were mostly written very well, and your writing style makes the story truly worth reading.
Zana20 chapter 17 . 7/1/2014
Amazing story!
I am so happy that I found it!
Very well written and unique.