Reviews for Life in Blue and Bronze
Silmelinwen chapter 5 . 1/9/2015
I love your characterization of Padma Patil.
Ralinde chapter 6 . 1/4/2015
I had almost forgotten how much I loved your Ravenclaws, but now I remember why I liked them in the first place. As always, your characterisation skills are great and I think both Lisa and Stephen were well fleshed out. It is nice to see the friendship between them, and Stephen-the-galant-gentleman-know-it-all might just make it into my head canon.
I don't really understand why Stephen didn't take the bags from her, so they could run together, but I get why it was necessary for the plot to move onwards.
I felt really sorry for Stephen and I think you portrayed Lisa's emotions - the guilt and the anguish - very well. I could almost feel them with her.
MissingMommy chapter 7 . 1/1/2015
What I love most about this story (and all the other ones in this collection that I've read) is how beautifully you characterize them. You brought Morag and Anthony to life here, and I really enjoyed it. I felt their emotions.

And I think you handled this very well. Anthony being the Ravenclaw Healer is very wonderfully. He handles that with such grace and intelligence. He knows that he can't be brash or impulsive since he's about the only one in Ravenclaw who can heal people.

The friendship between Morag and Anthony is absolutely stunning. They always say that you are brought together by a bad teacher or a class you hate, and it seems to work flawlessly here. The protectiveness of the first years (and probably those younger than them) is beautiful. I can totally see it.

You write this so easily and it's quickly becoming a part of my own headcanon. Great job!
Someone aka Me chapter 7 . 12/24/2014
Ooh, an interesting slice of seventh year here. I like what we see of Anthony's character here, though we don't see much of Morag. It's a well developed plot and an interesting moment. Well done.
Thanks for your entry!
majamaja chapter 7 . 12/20/2014
My favourite chapter so far! I just love Anthony and Morag!
Kailey Hamilton chapter 6 . 9/4/2014
I can't believe I never reviewed this because I read it a while ago.

Jess, this is absolute perfection. As always, your characterization skills are flawless. I enjoyed your Lisa... she's a bit of a coward, really, but suits her well because she's a Ravenclaw, and obviously has a survival instinct. She didn't try to do anything to save her even though she could (she didn't take a chance and watched him be tortured and murder) and that gives her depth and a certain darkness of character I've always thought was inherent of Ravenclaws. I also enjoyed Stephen's heroism, how he was obviously trying to take care of her all the time, but without making it obvious whether he loved her romantically or not.

The setting was set very well. Their situation does come across as very precarious and the way you made it contrast with the warmth of the Ravenclaw common room gave it life. But I think my favorite thing here is your description of Lisa running away. She carries two bags and wears a lot of layers... I found that my legs felt heavy and I was short of breath. So that was extremely vivid and obviously amazing. Makes me wonder why Stephen, instead of taking the bags or begging her to drop them (are their possessions worth the imminent danger?) urged her to run and leave him there.

This was a wonderful piece. I can't wait to read more about our dear, dear Ravenclaws.
Rrit chapter 6 . 7/29/2014
Ah, Lisa and Stephen! My favorite un appreciated ravenclaws (along with Sue of course) I'm a bit cut up after reading Stephen's death but I'll get over it. (I hope)
One thing that attracted my attention was all the dashes that were used. And What got me was how well they were used. Instead of being overbearing and awkward they enhanced it. Great job
Lara1221 chapter 6 . 7/29/2014
oh my god, that was amazing! I love the most how Lisa and Stephen are basically OCs and yet I feel like I know their characters /so well/ through this. I shipped them hard, and then you killed him off! And now I hate Lisa. Your writing was beautiful, per usual. Great job!
Ms. Anthrop chapter 6 . 7/29/2014
Absolutely wonderful. This story is the perfect example of why expanding cannon can be so rewarding. One of the (many) things about killed me about the JKR epilogue is how she portrayed everyone as living happily ever after once the final battle was over; reading stories like yours, it is clear why that notion was utter rubbish. There would have been entirely too much trauma to deal with before everyone could walk off into the sunset.

I am very impressed at how you managed to not only set the scene for us, but have told a wonderfully evocative and emotional story in so few words. Your writing style is fluid, and it's easy to care, and care viscerally about the characters.

The hints of longing and UST are lovely and rather heartbreaking. Quite frankly, I'd love to read more to find out what happens next. Brilliantly done!
alwaysmarauders chapter 6 . 7/29/2014
So, I love that you wrote characters we really only know the name of, like Lisa. This was great and you gave insight to characters that were never given a real story. I actually have some Lisa Turpin headcanons that I got when doing a group rpg, and her personality actually matched my headcanons here. Great job on this! It was great.
Paradox.bookjunkie chapter 6 . 7/27/2014
Oh my gosh! That's so sad!

I love this! You did very well. It is beautifully written. Well done.

I like the idea of this, too.
Good Job!
Witty Eagle Proud Ravenclaw chapter 3 . 7/26/2014
I don't always ship Terry/Padma but OH MY ROWLING AND FOR THE LOVE OF HOGWARTS - this is just TOO ADORABLE! It shows love isn't always fireworks, and can be nicely-paced when people have the heart and reason.
deletes chapter 6 . 7/26/2014
Wow. I thought for sure that Lisa would pull something out and save Stephen, but I guess she's no Harry, and this was chillingly realistic. I really love how the guilt she was feeling when she left was proved totally founded. Even thought it was short, I liked your characterisation of Stephen. He kind of reminded me of Augustus, haha. And I liked how you worked off canon things we know about Muggleborns having to go into hiding, and the Snatchers tracking them down. Great job!
broken-reverie chapter 6 . 7/25/2014
Aw man the ending was so sad, but I could see why you had to end it off like this :(

Great job characterising Stephen, he seems like such a fine young man!

Your writing flows well and is easy to read, though I hoped that you could better portray her feeling and not just her personal thoughts.

Overall, nice plot and storyline :)
DobbyRocksSocks chapter 6 . 7/25/2014
Wow. That's amazingly powerful. I haven't ever read anything with either of these characters I don't think, but I loved your take on things for the muggleborns during the Deathly Hallows. It was really interesting and I really liked it.