Reviews for The Taste of Peaches
Starcrossed Writer chapter 3 . 3/30
This is cute so far, and I like your unique take on it - with Sarah realizing that she wants a romantic Goblin King - but I'm starting to get a little nervous with your handling of the word "rape". Partially, I can see why you use it almost casually, because Sarah as a character is still young and probably doesn't understand the trauma of being violated. Sure, she knows logically that to be raped is "a fate worse than death", but if she's anything like me, she's also probably filled her head with cheesy romance stories with ravishing rogues who take what they want. "Ravishing rogues", however, does not translate to "rape", and I sincerely hope this story doesn't make that mistake.

I don't really think anyone does understand the gravity of rape until they've been subjected to it... which is why it's a topic that has to be handled very carefully. So, hopefully, this feedback gives you some perspective for the future - I'm okay with this, because I realize what this story is trying to accomplish ("ravishing rogues", and all that), but just be aware that it is a touchy subject.

PS. I think you're writing style and Speaker's voice are characteristic, funny, and well-timed. :)
FlowingSilverDreams chapter 9 . 3/1
Loved it! The confusion and angst between the pair was spot on, super fun to read.
Sheepdog20 chapter 9 . 1/4
Sorry I didn't review every chapter. I wanted to, honest, but I wanted to finish the story. It was brilliant and wonderful. I'm glad you took the time to write it and make my boring Sunday much better. I wish the movie had gotten a bit deeper like your story had, but it still works out. Thanks again for the story. Have a lovely Sunday.
Shadow131 chapter 5 . 8/5/2014
I take back all my critiques of Sarah not struggling enough. It's all right there in the opening paragraphs. Yup. No doubt about it. It's all the complicated feelings you could ever hope to expect.
And DAMN. I just about couldn't breathe when we got Jareth's perspective! The intensity of his overriding passion, his plans for the future, hot dog, who turned up the thermostat!
Shadow131 chapter 3 . 8/5/2014
Can I just give this fic props for dealing with the nitty gritty things most writers don't want to broach? No one really talks about, "Gee, Sarah's been trapped in this tower, how the hell is she going to use the bathroom." People are happy to come up with gorgeous tubs, but not so much chamber pots; it's a sin I'm quite guilty of, and just that extra time and grit and detail is what really takes this story up a notch. SO many writers would have taken it in weird, Stockholm Syndrome "oooh, he's only doing it because he LOVES" her directions, and yeah, there is that love element, but it never shies away from the fact that Jareth's being a manipulative douchebag, and Sarah's suffering for it. That deserves MAJOR credit. And Sarah's not a weak, fawning princess, she's tough as nails, and that is GREAT. I'd have liked to see her struggle against the temptation a little bit more, but eh, we all know why we're here. Their relationship is dysfunctional at BEST, but I think we all get it on the primal level. That's why it works.
Having said that...it sort of falls apart at the end. I'm not sure I'd buy that Sarah would rather have him rape her to "save her dignity." It just doesn't make sense. It's well written enough I want to keep reading, but I think more time could have been invested to drag out her realization of, "This man is an ass, but there is a sense of danger that I find physically attractive, and God that's scary." It's a bit of a jump in just a few hours. Still, as a whole I do like this.
Jags chapter 9 . 2/8/2014
Beautiful! A bright, dark, alluring jewel in the cave of coal that can be this fanfiction. I was beginning to lose hope that I would find such a well written piece. Thank you!
PS if you should ever write a sequal please let me know at
L chapter 9 . 1/27/2014
Sweet. Cute. And deliciously sexy! Great job!
xyz chapter 9 . 12/9/2013
were they really fighting each other or was she only fighting herself all the time.

lovely story

thank you for sharing!
Guest chapter 5 . 12/8/2013
AradiaLoveless chapter 9 . 10/17/2013
Loved it!
Bloodsired chapter 9 . 10/14/2013
Smexy Romantic :)
Vampiyaa chapter 9 . 10/12/2013
It's not like you ended it on a cliffhanger :p very cute story, loved it.
kykyxstandler chapter 9 . 10/11/2013
awww
BeforeThePrologue chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
Ooh, I love this :) You're a great writer!
Beth-TauriChick chapter 9 . 9/28/2013
I'm sorry you had such a hard time with this chapter! It certainly turned out great - a very lovely epilogue to a brilliant story. Sherlolly can definitely take over, though, so I understand about that! Besides, I love reading your Sherlolly fics, too :)