Reviews for Safe and Sound
twilightmoon777 chapter 3 . 1/15
Hey don't be a butt and finish this man! I don't care if it takes years (I actually do but...) you've just got to finish what you've started. You're killing me here! Anyway, fantastic work so far and I'll echo what other reviewers have been saying, I really like how you're focusing on Sam's experience and torment. We get it, Lara had to do some twisted things on Yamatai to survive but I think so often we forget that Lara wasn't the only one on that island forced to change. Of course the game in general could have done a better job with fleshing Sam's character out more but since they didn't thank god for fanfiction and thank god for your work in particular. I love your Sam. She actually seems intelligent and mature and that nightmare she had about how she brutally killed that man gave me chills. I thought, "Nikita is that you"? Surprisingly I could see Sam doing something like that though and I'm extremely happy you're exploring that side of her. It seems that both her and Lara have a lot about one another that they are keeping from each other and while some things are coming out (Lara's sexual orientation, Sam using her trust fund money to fund the original expedition, Sam killing men on Yamatai, Sam's growing attraction to Lara, etc.) I sense that there is a lot more to be revealed. I'm looking forward to seeing what that all is and I can't wait to see how this "theme" plays out in future chapters. So update please! I'll love you long time if you do. Thanks! :)
Guest chapter 3 . 1/19/2014
BLAR why would you do this? It was getting good and you haven't updated since May? T.T
Lucy chapter 3 . 9/9/2013
Nice one!
ObsessedwReading chapter 3 . 7/7/2013
Great job on this. :)
ObsessedwReading chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
Great start to this.
Bonnefeta chapter 3 . 6/18/2013
This story is awesome! Please write more. I love your writing style and your portrayal of the characters. Just amazing!
Bcool chapter 3 . 6/9/2013
I like that you slowed that pace a little and gave a chapter to let thing breathe and develop. I also love the Noir reference... it's long been one of my favorite animes.
rundownSabEr chapter 3 . 5/31/2013
That was great need moreeee...
I love it! :)
bur bur chapter 3 . 5/28/2013
i hope you update soon i love it
Guest chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
This is totally awesome. I can't wait to read more.
13DaysOfSummer chapter 3 . 5/22/2013
I know I mentioned this in my previous review, but I have to say it again: I love how you're focusing on Sam (and giving her the attention she deserves!)

And I was freaking ecstatic when the dream was Sam's dream... I know that sound's a little strange, but hear me out for a second. I liked it because no one writes/shows how Sam must have survived on that island. And I liked that you shine some light on the fact she had to kill too - not just Lara. And (i'm sorry there's a lot of "and" - but I'm on a roll) I like how you DON'T depict Sam as a damsel in distress, but rather as someone who had to fight - albeit in a slightly different way (compared to the others) due to her circumstances... Sorry I just feel passionate about this. -.- Lil' random side note: I also enjoyed the different meanings behind the killing; like how Lara's was "noble" and Sam's was more revengeful (but I would argue that it was also self-defence, but I think you were just avoiding the obvious).

I loved how you portrayed Mr. Nishimura - he kind of reminds me a of more reserved/mature Sam, which is delightful to read, because I find most people portray him with a cold demeanour. So it was very refreshing to see him as more easy-going!

Lara's coming out story is so... so... Lara. I liked how she seemed pretty confident about it (I guess - and I don't mean to sound rude or offensive so please please don't take it that way - it seems almost trivial, after fighting for your life on an island full of crazies).

Anyways, I really liked this chapter and I cannot wait to read more!
rurupeceaue chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
Nice follow up from where the game left ofnd(well almost the end). Your characterization is spot-on. Good job on the lightning theory, in fact that just gave me a rather interesting concept.
Guest chapter 3 . 5/22/2013
Ha, ha Emily from pll, awesome
Silent Saint chapter 2 . 5/7/2013
Wow! It's really good! This was more like the first chapters of a amazing book rather than a fanfiction. I really liked your story and the aftermath of Yamatai. One thing you did forget though is Himiko is spellex as Himeko. The story made Reyes sound like a jerk and it made Jonah sound like well Jonah. I would appreciate it if you would continue this story. I really liked your story.
lostsunsets chapter 2 . 3/28/2013
Great story so far! Can't wait to see where this goes! Also, I'd love to see how their relationship progresses from friend to maybe something more perhaps? I was shipping them so hard when I was playing.

Anyway, can't wait for the next update! :)