Reviews for Tell Me a Story, Daddy
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
Very cute. Thanks for sharing.
Everlight chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
Beautiful! I know that I already posted a review but I just wanted to let you know that this is one of my favorite stories. I sort of imagine Frodo-lad as probably 4 or 5 years old and can almost see him snuggled up to his Daddy like I use to. This is so sweet and gently handled. I love how you put it when they (Sam and his son) said...

Will I get scars like Mister Frodo's?

No,love. Mister Frodo made sure that no one would ever a scar like what he had. He was very,very brave and destroyed the weapon that gave him his scars. So no one will ever be scared like him ever again.

Thank you for this touching story.
Everlight chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Wow! I am very impressed. You tell this with such tenderness and tact.
BlackBandit111 chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
wow. This was moving for me, I loved it. It seemed suiting that Sam would name his son Frodo. I loved it, great job.
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Interesting one-shot story.

I think I've only seen a story done this way once, but it was more with the dialogue in-between quotations. That was in one of my classes, however; so, at least, I know what this is, but unfortunately I do not know what kind of writing this is called, or have long since forgotten the name it's called.

I find it interesting how Frodo Gamgee managed to convince his father, Samwise Gamgee, to tell him more about his best friend, Frodo Baggins, and how they received their scars. I'm glad this story focused more on Frodo and Sam's friendship, which seemed to be one reason how the quest succeeded. In a way, this kind of story device worked in this manner, especially since this was a conversation between father and son (meaning Sam and his son Frodo, respectively).

Good work and keep writing.

-Aria Breuer
flflfpphie chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
Where are the Mary Sues?
Larner chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
Ah, a very sweet, gentle exchange. I don't think Frodo-lad wished to hear Bilbo's story as much as he's trying to figure out the special, unseen scars he senses in his father.

Lovely, Tulip.
AndieDiggory chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
It's a wonderful story, do you want make me to cry? :')
Deandra chapter 1 . 7/7/2005
Perfectly delightful! I don't usually read Hobbit stories, since they never caught my interest that much and most stories I've seen are not well written, but this was very good.

I can hear Sean Astin in my head reading this! But I love the emotion of it, trying to explain something bittersweet to an innocent unaware of how you were affeccted by the event.

- Deandra
G chapter 1 . 11/3/2004
This insightful and honest story makes an impact on the reader's heart!
illyria-pffyffin chapter 1 . 5/6/2004
Touching and very moving. So much is told between the lines; I'm in awe.
KittyCatBlack chapter 1 . 1/4/2004
That's so SWEET! I love it.
Keep up the fantastic work!
Cat
Lalaith Rana chapter 1 . 8/16/2003
aahh, Sam and his daughter, so sweet. I liked it.
Pearl Took chapter 1 . 3/31/2003
Tulip,

Another gem! Again, beautiful. I like that it is all conversation. Very different.

Pearl Took
OUTLAW chapter 1 . 9/19/2002
THAT WAS SO CUTE. Little Frodo was so cute at the end when he said I love you. You made my day better.