Reviews for The Kingdom of the Dead
NightOwl999 chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
update soon my moon and stars
Matt chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
This tickled me.

Logically, the devil would have trapped them in a dream world while they were still in the TV studio...

...Because...

Hal tells the devil how to trap them; tells him that he was foolish to present a reality where Hal, Tom and Alex weren't together.

With Hal as a vampire, this is not a situation that would work. And so everything that happens is designed not only to trick them into believing they are human but that the devil is also dead.

What would break them out of the dream? Tom dying of starvation.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
Sadly, I think this is basically along the lines of exactly what logically has to happen next. Very nicely written and a shame it's not longer.
whimsyfox chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
This is wonderful. LOVE LOVE LOVE how you've made Hal have doubts, the actions you wrote, how he escapes the dream. I didn't think about it before, but having lived only 20 odd years as human then 500 odd as vampire, I imagine it would be more than a shock to be human again, would feel wrong. And Hal is ever a skeptic so I totally see him "figuring it out" quickly.

I like happy endings, so I hope this continues into if not a happy ending (as you say you want to spoil that) but back to an equilibrium. Somehow?
I'S Watcher chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
Wow, this is great! I hope that you maybe continue it, but as a stand-alone it's still amazing, I love the way that you developed Hal and also the world he saw when he woke up.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
Fantastic! thank you. At the risk of sounding like the embarassing drunk who never buys a round, have you got any more?
fleemneek chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
Oh yeah, that ending was never for real. Nicely done: brilliant way to have Hal break out of the AU, and really scary what he finds on the other side.
MancVamp chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
ShoePigeon recommended this story to me and so I came.

WOW. Just WOW! Incredible writing, perfect storyline. That is exactly how I imagine the beginning of the next series of Being Human to start off... oh hang on...

Brilliantly thought out - it was a real treat to read. Thank you.

MancVamp
ShoePigeon chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
*waves* hello! Another cynic here. Happiness just isn't in my vocabulary. I love this, I have a feeling that Hal knows it isn't real but thought perhaps he just kept quiet because he was happy (*groans*) I didn't think that maybe he wouldn't like being human but this is an excellent point. I can't wait to read more :)
Shoe x
lakariana chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
That was great, well done. I like that Hal couldn't settle down to being human. Are you gong to continue? The others could wake up now Hals disappeared from the dream?
Amanda2308 chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
Interesting I was wondering how u choose Hal to be the one that gets out. I loved your idea. What an evil game the devil plays or was it nice :p I loved the devil which is a strange thing to say but he was great. Humm reminds me of someone... ;)