Reviews for Doctor Who: The Lemkin Factor
Meredith Lavern chapter 44 . 6/24
I can honestly say that this has been one of my favorite stories that I have ever read on (took me two days (I started late the first night)). I want to congratulate you on a wonderful story. You have made me a fan of your own. Well done.
H chapter 44 . 2/28
That has to be my favourite Dr Who fiction ever! I think that deserves to be published, so good!
Lindelas chapter 44 . 2/6
I just finished my second read through of this story. It is my absolute favorite 11th Doctor story! Absolutely brilliant! You have a wonderful capacity for balancing angst with plot.
Heather Snow chapter 44 . 2/4
I've really enjoyed this story. Your characterization is top-notch. Love the dialogue. The original story is very engaging. I felt the conversion of Aleena was a bit too easy to accomplish, but it was very much in line with how the Doctor Who universe portrays that sort of thing, so I think it's fine.

Might want to consider having someone help you proofread as I did notice a decent number of typos, etc.

Very interesting ending. I'm looking forward to the next story.
Heather Snow chapter 22 . 2/3
I loved the exchange where the Doctor tried to pretend he was comfortable and didn't mind lying still and Amy knowingly called him on it. That exchange was just so perfect.
Heather Snow chapter 14 . 2/3
I think the developments with Amy are very interesting.
Heather Snow chapter 7 . 2/2
I feel like you're doing such a good job of capturing the characters and the feel of the show. I can hear this scene playing in my head.
Heather Snow chapter 5 . 2/2
Loved the conversation about wallowing.

A few typos in this chapter "dinning room" with a double n, "We don't know half of what he'd capable..." instead of he's.
Heather Snow chapter 4 . 2/2
Such wonderful descriptions in this chapter. Your language really made the scene come to life for me.
Heather Snow chapter 2 . 2/2
What an interesting introduction! The first chapter was decent, but this is the one that has hooked me.
Midwinter Sun chapter 44 . 4/15/2016
Plot: 9/10. I loved the mystery and the character development. Far too many Doctor Who stories are just rewrites of already existent episodes. You stepped outside the norm and wrote your own adventure, which is something I really appreciate.
Pacing: 6/10. Although the plot, as mentioned above, was fantastic, you often spent time on rabbit trails. There were about 500 plot bunnies in this piece. You tried to do a lot at once, and it often slowed the story down, probably because…
Writing Style: 5/10. There's nothing bad, per se, about your writing style here. You frequently used adverbs and adjectives to describe characters' surroundings, but you offered little insight into the characters' surroundings and even less insight into the characters themselves. Again, not bad, but not amazing.
Grammar: 5/10. You generally did well with punctuation outside of dialogue, but you consistently characterized dialogue incorrectly. "'I saw, I saw what happened.' Amy whispered" should be "'I saw, I saw what happened,' Amy whispered".
Characterization: 10/10. You have an excellent grasp of the main characters, and you never once annoyed me with your abundance of OCs – I even felt they enhanced the story. I actually found myself liking and sympathizing with Aleena, even as I understood why Amy and Rory hated her. Particularly considering that you're writing about the Doctor, one of the most complicated characters in fictiondom, this is very, very impressive.
Overall: 7/10 (average of the above). Despite the aforementioned flaws, this was a really good story. You wrote something compelling, emotional, and interesting. You have a very good grasp of characters. Even your OCs had their own, unique voices. I enjoyed this story and will probably read the sequel at some point.

Best wishes,
Midwinter Sun
Serendipity989 chapter 44 . 10/6/2015
*Let's out a big breath...well...this story was heavy. Like really heavy. Like open mouth horror, why am I still reading this kind of horror. Your stories don't usually affect me this bad. Must be just me atm, I don't know if I want to read the sequal now or wait a while. Don't get me wrong, this is a fantastic story and your a brilliant author. A little too talented in fact. Thank God there were a few places to smile. I'm overreacting a bit. Its just been a while since I've read a story like this. Whew! Okay. C'est la vie. Moving on.
runasyoulike chapter 44 . 3/20/2015
Damn, that was good!
It really should have been an actual episode. Although perhaps not. The show can only be so ambitious, and the he gory parts would probably be rather unsuitable for a family show, but I really got a "Doctor Who Episode" vibe from it.

Before I forget to mention, I *cannot* believe I didn't associate the Vale Blades with the Valeyard until chapter 39. But I think that had more to do with the fact that I'd been mispronouncing "Valeyard" up until that point. *facepalm*

I really enjoyed the flashbacks/flash forwards that gradually created the whole picture, and you did a great job showing the cultural differences between humans and Minyans.

By the way, in chapter 27 there was another "mum/ma'am" mix-up, and the "tomb" that Aleena opens should be a "tome". Sorry, I realise that it's obnoxious to keep pointing out spelling errors, but those two actually confused me at first. I initially thought Ithican is Aleena's son and that she opens up a tomb, River Song style. xD

Anyway, this is one of the most creative Doctor Who fics I've ever read, and an amazing one. I loved it and I'm so excited about the sequel, especially because RIVER'S IN IT! In fact, I'm going to go and pounce on it right now. ;)
runasyoulike chapter 8 . 3/11/2015
A wonderful, creative story. I'm loving it so far.

Just one minor thing. I think the man meant "Yes, ma'am," in this chapter, not "Yes, mum". Well, unless it turns out that she's his mother, in which case that was completely correct and I'm going to look silly. xD

Now, I'm off to read more of this fantastic adventure.
NorthernMage chapter 44 . 1/8/2015
Just as I thought everything was going to calm down...no, that's not happening.

Definitely going to read Civil War, this was amazing!