Reviews for The Ash Connection
champion lyra chapter 33 . 2/15
every so often i read this all over again and get just as invested and enthralled as the very first time, back before the sequel had even begun. truly i do love this fic with all my heart, it is so special. thank you forever for this work. i wish i could own a print of it, tbh :')
PokekidKantoFF chapter 20 . 1/24
Jeez, when was the last time that Ritchie was mentioned? He’s been with the group for like 10 chapters, and it’s like everyone just forgot about him until now.
Not Stale Bread chapter 8 . 11/29/2021
I love me some jelly filled dounuts.
Guest chapter 14 . 8/18/2021
Hi, I was enjoying the story so far, but excuse me, Furret defeated an Electivire? Leaf isn't even a Champion here, how the heck did a random Furret destroy Electivire, even if we aren't talking about game mechanics, Paul's Electivire technically defeated Ash's Infernape for a few seconds since Infernape did black out. It stands to reason that as time went by the already powerful Pokemon would be even more impressive. Leaf isn't even a Trainer in the anime, so I personally feel that the whole scene would have been more realistic, believable and intense if you had given her a more powerful Pokemon. That was the thing bugging me, I know this is your story, but I wanted to throw in my two cents. I apologise if I come across as demanding. I do enjoy your story idea, and my favorite element is how you weave in the different characters and their dynamics :)
Rockadoodle88 chapter 13 . 6/4/2021
Wow. I can't believe I get to read this masterpiece... for free. Amazing job so far.
Zakeraz chapter 33 . 5/29/2021
This story was so much fun! I honestly couldn’t put it down at multiple points and it’s given me so many ideas for snippets extra scenes Id love to write up. It’s been an absolute delight watching Paul try to avoid the romance subplot like the plague before he gives in to the inevitable. I can picture him ending his argument with Kenny saying, “And for the record, I didn’t even want to play this stupid game in the first place. I’ve seen what it does to the rest of you idiots and it’s horrifying!” Dread them, run from them, hormones arrive all the same. All the other characters had plenty of awesome and fun moments too. Although, the Pokémon themselves don’t get much screen time. But that’s to be expected given how big the cast already is and the focus is on human connections.
My one minor gripe is the “G-Men” and invoking Pokémon names for swears are a tad silly and hard to take seriously. I honestly laughed out loud when I first read “Government Men agency” in some press conference or something. Maybe discussing the bus crash? But as I said, it’s a minor problem.
The one thing I cannot excuse though, is the criminal lack of Paul and Shinx content! That precious bean is a One Scene Wondercat and I need more content of it defrosting our favorite perpetual grump. That one chapter was just too cute to leave it as a one-off and I can’t stop thinking about how Shinx could have earned itself a place on Paul’s team during the expedition and gotten more scenes in the future.

Thanks again for a beautiful, addictive story. I was also delighted to discover you have more works building on this one and dove right in to many of them.
Guest chapter 25 . 5/18/2021
Excellent chapter
Guest chapter 18 . 5/17/2021
Trip is my favorite character
Guest chapter 16 . 5/16/2021
Tasty chapter. Finally some action as well
Guest chapter 11 . 5/15/2021
F for Kenny
Barry, Zoe have been very well written here.
The way you switched Pov within the speech was great too
Guest chapter 10 . 5/15/2021
Adalet isn't wrong
Guest chapter 9 . 5/15/2021
Very emotional
Guest chapter 8 . 5/15/2021
Didn't expect that turn of events. I'm pleasantly surprised.
Lance is very practical
Paul is hilarious
Jelly - filled doughnuts are true evil and nothing will change my mind
Guest chapter 7 . 5/15/2021
Jesus christ Giovanni
Guest chapter 6 . 5/15/2021
Really liked the part with Trip and his family. You didn't have to do Daisy like that damn lol
1,075 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »