Reviews for The Ash Connection
A proper time line
I love it
PakmanAzul chapter 33 . 5/12
Just amazing
Re-reading one of the best fanfics ever
Rereading this masterpiece. Binged it years ago so I couldn't review it properly.
Pokemaster06 chapter 33 . 4/13
I read and I loved the entire thing! You have read every character perfectly, especially May and Harley because PeanutButter and erghm... Lingeries...
I am really impressed with Drew, Gary and Leaf's sass and comments and just how perfectly you have put them together. Kudos!
The Waterflower Sisters are always difficult to build a character on, since they have not got as much as screen time on the anime. But you have done a wonderful job with them.
Honestly I would love to talk about each and every character, you have so perfectly sketched, but I am afraid, I can't spend much time on that. My apologies. I had to hear the story all the while doing my homework. I hope you forgive me for that.
Another thing that I would love to learn from your story, is your way of writing. It's beautiful. I was drawn to the way you had placed each detail, so perfectly and at appropriate places. Littlest things such as how Winona did not around at once to look at Walace, but decied to see his reflection. I mean, the first chapter of the story has a way of trapping the reader. It is not as much as later in the story, but the first few chapters, tell just how much effort you have put into your writing. I honestly would love to get some tips from you.
If I get around to writing stories, I will definitely keep this in mind. Ash is nothing without his friends.
Danyele chapter 6 . 1/13
I couldn’t stop reading before but I’m making myself do so now. This story is simply that good.
Very well written, good plot and very engaging. It has everything I could possibly need in a fanfic.
Please, never stop writing, you have a gift and know that you made me a very happy person. ;)
AgentBrian chapter 1 . 9/9/2020
And yeah, the humor was really well and generously placed.

And the shippings, oh, So many of them, and all were well balanced, too!

Poke (AshxMisty), Contest(DrewxMay), Ikari(PaulxDawn), Oldrival/Leafgreen(GaryxLeaf), Wishful(CilanxIris), LoliShota/DarkSteel(StevenxCynthia), Graceful(WallacexWinona), Curtain(ReggiexMaylene), Slight Penguin(KennyxDawn) Soulsilver(SilverxLyra), maybe ColdCoffee(PaulxBarry), Handyman(TraceyxDaisy), Luck (Brock x Lucy), slight KantoContest(HarleyxSolidad), slight Snowbell(ZoeyxCandice), etc.
And the majority of these are my favourites! Triple Whammy!
AgentBrian chapter 1 . 9/9/2020
I have read this multiple times, and it never ceases to amaze me. The rush to get to know what's gonna happen makes me miss a few lines of the stories, and when I reread it, it makes me swell with emotion. Like, when Ash was comatose (or was he? Maybe he was in surgery, dunno, gotta reread!) I totally missed Pikachu's reaction the first time. When I read it carefully, it made me cry for probs the first time in months, years maybe. "Heart-wrenching wails", wow. I can never say it enough, but this author deserves something good. FF should hold polls, or something, right?

I really loved the action, adventure, risks, raw emotion, nervousness related with teens, and the background study, though descriptive, gave a more than clear idea of this headcanon, and so I can easily say that this is the best anime verse headcanon. Frankly, Napaj is way better than Isshu, or whatever else is being posted nowadays.

Loved this story, You got a BIG Fan in me, Lu, really.

Glad to have read this story.
Celeste chapter 33 . 3/18/2020
I decided to reread this today because I suddenly have a lot of free time and I do not regret it at all. The first time I read this, i wasn't even in high school yet. I would always reread it because I was so excited for TAC II even though I didn't get the entire story. Now im (hopefully) going to college in a few months and its so weird to me. This story is still one of my absolute favorites and I still enjoyed rereading it even though its like my 20th time. Its so well-written, I love the flow, I love the characters and their backstories and how its connected to the actual series. Appreciated it a lot more now since i get the politics and i see all the foreshadowing. so yeah sorry for going off but thank you for writing such an amazing story.
Shiningpink chapter 19 . 1/7/2020
I was wondering when Looker would grace us with his appearance! This is amazing and I love it so much! This is grade S class fanfiction!
Guest chapter 5 . 11/1/2019
Oh Arceus, this is really heating up! If it was socially acceptable at the moment, I'd be bouncing. I love the rotating PoVs and that Drew called it, and then everyone pieced it together.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/27/2019
Oh boy, whelp. I guess I'll be sticking around for a while because I am Intrigued.
esNG0D chapter 25 . 6/8/2019
OMG!
Clouds-and-Dreams chapter 14 . 5/15/2019
is it bad that I really wanted Leaf to follow Lance's orders? why didn't she think about her place in the G-men when she made this choice? the consequences? Hiding 14 people in plain site isn't really that easy, especially when pokémon trainers wander about. And would this impact Lance's trust in her?
Acanthus Addams chapter 33 . 3/25/2019
I don't think I've ever been nearly as emotionally invested in anything on this site as I was in this. I'm not usually one for reviewing, but in this instance I feel I have to make it known just how much I loved this story. The connection between Ash and his friends is so beautifully explored, and with such a staggering amount of characters to work with, it's so ridiculously impressive that you managed to give them all their individual moment or moments to shine. There was the nostalgia and warmth that comes from the faithfulness to the anime (the main reason I involve myself in Pokémon fanfiction), but you also fused that with a new kind of maturity, a darker, grittier perspective of the pokémon world that I always wished to see, but never got the chance to because of the characters not getting any older etc.

I also feel the romance elements were really well implemented - particularly how they developed slowly over time and didn't seem jarring when they finally came to fruition. The pokéshipping was especially pleasing in this regard; I won't deny that I was anxious to see a big confession of love at the end, but on reflection, I think the way you did it was much more in-keeping with their characters, and I can't stress just how valuable of a thing that is to achieve.

Lastly, I love that you took a few little liberties with the canon - nothing major enough to have made it an AU story, which I'm personally not into at all, but just a few little loose ends tied up - to add more richness to the world of Pokémon. Drayden being Lance's father, for instance, and likewise, Brandon being the father of Paul and Reggie. Although they're not confirmed or denied in the anime, they actually make a surprising amount of sense. On a similar note, including game- or manga-exclusive characters like Silver and Leaf was initially a bit unsettling, I'll admit, but by the end of the story, it became bizarrely difficult to imagine the anime without them now.

Apologies for the long-winded review, but I just couldn't leave this story without letting you know how much I adored it. My own stories are still quite trivial, by comparison, but I hope to write something more expansive like this one day, and reading 'The Ash Connection' has been a huge inspiration for that. I expect I'm extremely late to the party in expressing this sentiment, but you should feel incredibly proud of this story, and I'm very much looking forward to getting stuck into the sequel. Thank you.
1,072 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »