Reviews for The Ash Connection
Makokam chapter 21 . 8/26/2014
Mewtwo the Terminator. I like it.
It's horrifying, but I like it.

Glad to see more AshxMisty-ness. As well as some real sign of GaryxLeaf.

And the backrub cure for seasickness.

And Lance and his Dragonite. Awesome.
I can just imagine him cuting a path straight through the base with that hyperbeam. Litterally.

Wallace growing a pair was nice too.

Makokam chapter 20 . 8/25/2014
I was seriously wishing someone would release some beast of a Pokemon and be like, "Rip her damn head off" when Ursula was being an ignorant...
Sorry, I was about to say something innapropriate for this fandom.

Anyway, I think there's a problem with either by our sense of time, or your sense of temperature. Because fifteen degrees isn'tall that cold. Not for winter. But iit's still cold enough to be downright miserable for camping and would require more than a sweatshirt to keep you warm and not standing around outside. They'd definitely have needed to seek shelter. Especially at night.

Anyway, your really keeping us on the edge of our seat here. Not just with nervous excitement but also impatience. Cause every time things look like they're about pick up they slow right down again.

Can't wait for all this buildup to finally explode.

Makokam chapter 19 . 8/25/2014
Well that was rude. Just blowing up his wall like that.

Anyway, for a named pair, there really hasn't been much of Ash and Misty and even less of Leaf and Gary. Depending on how you look at it. The focus always seems to be on May and Drew or Paul and Dawn.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that there was grand plan and all these asides are starting to come together. Chaos theory at work.

Makokam chapter 18 . 8/25/2014
Well that was random.
Well, maybe not random, but certainly sudden.
Still, a fun bit of action. I have no idea why Leaf sent out an Ivysaur though. Seems like a bad idea with a houndoom out.
And if only Silver understood the concept of "wait and see". Or could he just not resist the opportunity to attack while he, literally, had his pants down? Which, considering his reaction to Ash, has me wondering if he would just attack anyone who went up Mt. Silver.

As for the poisoning thing...why didn't any of them have an Antidote on them? Shouldn't that be a basic trainer supply? And shouldn't it work on all Pokémon poisons?
Maybe you could have said that it's not safe to use on humans. Or that the poison effects humans differently.

Makokam chapter 17 . 8/25/2014
Well, i certainly wouldn't blame anyone for thinking Ash is. He's certainly done enough.
One of those things he doesn't even remember.

The DrewxMay scene was cute. Looking forward to the fallout from that.

Curious as to just what Ash is looking for from Silver, since Silver hasn't t really let Ash talk.

I'm also surprised they hadn't thought to send the Pokémon on a shopping trip before this. It can't have been the first time someone has done that.
And seriously? They didn't give them money?
Fail, Leaf. Fail.
Makokam chapter 16 . 8/24/2014
Well that was exciting.
I know its the core of Pokemon, but having them call their attacks just reads weird to me.
And why was Mewtwo able to catch Moltres so easily? Did he catch it, unlike Articuno, off guard? Or was it because Articuno never tried to get up close and personal with Mewtwo that it lasted so long in battle?
Or maybe the G-men guarding Moltres just suck.

Either way, we're about halfway through this story so I'd say the plot picked up just in time.

It's still very wordy though. I hope everything ties together by the end.

Makokam chapter 15 . 8/24/2014
Whoo plot!
So, is this Silver guy the rival character from Gold and Silver then?

Ya know, at this moment I really cant come up with anything else to say and for the I apologise.
Anonymouse chapter 13 . 8/23/2014
This was by far the best Fanfiction I have ever read in my life, no joke. It wasn't stupid, it wasn't 'too over it', and the characters are portrayed well and their unique personalities just shines through. I spent many nights reading and re-reading this fiction over and over again, not caring that I would wake up tomorrow with a horrible headache and great fatigue. This is just so addicting. I await your sequel.
Makokam chapter 14 . 8/23/2014
God I hope that was important because that was the sloggiest chapter so far.
Seriously. You were building up some real momentum and then BAM! Slammed on the brakes. There was very little in this chapter, aside from the obvious Mewtwo bit and the battle at the end that seemed to have anything to do with the actual plot.
Not that it wasn't good, it was just...leaving me wondering why I was reading this.

Makokam chapter 13 . 8/23/2014
New Years huh? I see what you did there.
Can't blame you either.
I mean, when would be a more appropriate time for his balls to drop?
(Please tell me I'm not the first to make that joke.)

Very sweet otherwise.

Makokam chapter 12 . 8/23/2014
Dammit Cynthia! You had one job!
*sigh* hopefully this doesn't blow up in their face. Or behind their back. Or anywhere really.

So, anyway...
They, apparently, have convinced their enemies that they are dead...so when is the plot going to come back? Or is it just going to be them walking through the woods?
...
Or is Jack a member of Team Rocket and Emily is going to tell him and the hunt will be back on and the kids won't know because they have cut themselves off from the rest of the world?
That would be interesting.
Though, I suppose Mewtwo could let Ash know...

Speaking of which, did Mewtwo sent that first dream to Ash on purpose?

Anyway, I'd be surprised if Lance doesn't have a way to contact Leaf either way.

Makokam chapter 11 . 8/22/2014
They all should have been sure to bring a Pokemon they could ride on. Or even better, fly on. I mean really, why are they /walking/?

Anyway, it was really interesting to see Jessie and James' reaction to the news that Ash was dead. Specifically, that they felt that it was better he died /that/ way. Obviously shows they have some...frienemy type feelings towards him. After all, they've only been stalking him for the last five years.

Makokam chapter 10 . 8/22/2014
On the road again...seeing places I thought I'd never see again...
I can't wait to get on the road again...

Anyway. I wonder if they're just going to say they disturbed some wild pokemon after a wrong turn... or maybe a stray voltorb almost got run over...

It's certainly going to be interesting with this troupe on the road. Just thinking you could have done with cutting the numbers down a bit. I'd think you'd either spread your attention too thin or have people slipping into the background.

Makokam chapter 9 . 8/22/2014
It's so weird. So much has happened and yet it feels like nothing has happened.
Well, I'm sure things are going to be moving right along from here on out.
Curious to see what Jessie and James are up to. At first I thought they were after New to use as a hostage, but then they started talking about her voice and singing, so then I thought jigglypuff...but there are probably lots of other possibilities I'm not thinking of so I'm not even gonna bother trying to guess.

Makokam chapter 8 . 8/22/2014
Ah finally. Got what I came for. Well, a little taste of it, but still.
Not that the rest of the story isn't good. It really is (though I have no idea why they're all craming into the Ketchum home.)
And I look forward to seeing what Jessi and James are up to. (I suspect they're test subjects)

And whatever this plan of their's is it's going to have to be damn convincing. Maybe involving a plane, an Abra, and a well trained ditto(to play the corpse).

1,072 | « Prev Page 1 .. 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 .. Last Next »