Reviews for The Ash Connection
Maronn chapter 33 . 10/21/2013
Thank you! The ending was really great and I look forward to the sequel.
Darkling Glow chapter 33 . 10/21/2013
This story was amazing. :) It was well written and very well plotted. I thought everyone was pretty well in character too, though I think Ash was a little overly oblivious in some parts. Yes, he is oblivious by nature, but he's not unintelligent. I think fourteen trainers was a bit too much for a journey, too. It was kind of difficult at times to keep track of where everyone was, what was going on, who was mad and who, why they were upset, etc. There could've been a bit more action in terms of Pokémon battles, too.

Anyway, this was a really great story. I'll definitely be watching for the sequel, if only to see what happens with Silver. I'm also really curious about what's planned for Ash's future, since the Champions have several of his friends' all planned out.
Draco55 chapter 33 . 10/21/2013
You should have Silver get together with Lyra and you should also incorporate other evil teams, and other Legendaries. Rayquaza would be a good choice.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 33 . 10/21/2013
The start was simple, but immediately promised some interesting ideas for the future, and the subsequent plot has more than lived up to expectations, I assure you.
The idea of Mewtwo being recaptured was a chilling idea all on its own, but the subsequent destruction of the Cerulean Gym made it clear that there was more going on than Giovanni re-acquiring a powerful weapon, even before you began to explore Ash’s apparent ‘link’ to Mewtwo and Giovanni’s obvious interest in the attacks (Nice touch with the brief moment where the G-Men were reflecting on Ash’s more public actions, on that topic; it’s kind of fascinating to see how the wider world perceives the individual actions of others).
The idea of the ‘Chosen One’ prophecy being more than Ash’s role in the War of the Legendary Birds was simple but effective- it WOULD explain how Ash ends up in the middle of so many problems, after all-, and the twist regarding Ash’s father and his reaction to it was simple but effective, leading neatly into their next subsequent plan of attack as the group must go underground to try and help Ash succeed in whatever he’s meant to be doing.
The plan to stay undercover and the choice of who would accompany Ash created further interesting opportunities for the future as the G-Men and Ash’s own ‘team’ each take a different angle to track down their enemies, particularly as Mewtwo’s mental state continues to degrade and the group’s own attempts to take action against Giovanni backfire despite their best efforts.
Still, while their brief period of captivity seemed a bit pointless- considering how many people believed in giving Ash a shot by that point, trying to jail the group seemed like nothing more than a pointless attempt by certain people to demonstrate their egos, which is hardly an important factor when the world is at stake-, I can’t fault the final confrontation, as Ash’s friends prove their value to the cause by pulling together to upend Team Rocket’s most elaborate scheme to date, refusing to allow their friend to face the odds alone simply because he’s their friend (To say nothing of the final close call; nice way to show Mewtwo proving his own worth as more than a weapon, even if he’s still socially awkward).
And as for the epilogue…
Simple, but effective (Particularly your in-character exploration of Ash’s relationship with Misty; he’s a nice guy, but he’s not that smart when it comes to people); nice job.
Keep up the good work!
Oh I am Slain chapter 33 . 10/21/2013
you've been to name an actual location
you've been able to name an actual location

café's
cafés

pick up or drop of
pick up or drop off

No one brought the incident
No one brought up the incident

She resigned herself to the fact that she and Ash would probably have a 'normal' relationship.
[I'm not sure if those are sarcasm quotes or if the sentences is accidentally reversed.]

Anyway, I just want to thank you for writing this story, and I look forward to more from you. There's just something so quintessentially human about this story. This story is one of the best Pokemon fics on the site, and in terms of character development, juggling of a huge cast, and depth, this is the one of the best fics in general on this site, out of the tens of thousands of most-favorited ones I've read. Cheers!
TheDivines chapter 33 . 10/21/2013
This story was awesome though I didn't review every chapter I loved it all the same I hope the sequel comes soon.
NoLongerUsedAnln chapter 33 . 10/21/2013
A sweet ending. Excellent job with the story!

And Yippee! A sequel!
Please add an update to this chapter when you do publish the first chapter of the sequel to let us know. :)
KHLegacy chapter 33 . 10/21/2013
This was probably the best Story I've ever read thank you so much for writing it my favorite part was Paul's mission to destroy the Thong Harely tried to give them and Gary's amusement with it's destruction, "Let's Burn it for Science!" laughing as I wrote that good chapter! thank you so much!
Ready to fly chapter 33 . 10/21/2013
And the crowd goes wild. O my gosh I'm so sad that it ended but just like you said there is a story to tell and your ending also gives us a choice, lets our imaginations decide if something else is bound to happen and I think that there will always be a new story and new journey and that's what makes everything so amazingly amazing. I love how you incorporated everything so perfect and every piece of the puzzle was made whole. Thank you for writing this it was truly spectacular
truch28 chapter 33 . 10/21/2013
Beautiful ending! To me, its perfect! I don't think you need to write a sequel, but it would have been nice if we heard more from silver and his thoughts here.
Basic Trainer chapter 33 . 10/21/2013
I love this story and I'm going to go back to the start and read it all over again. This is a masterpiece and you are a genius for thinking of it. Can't wait to read your other stories.
Breakawayfan chapter 33 . 10/21/2013
A great ending to a truly amazing story. Hope to see more like this in the future.
Ronmione x3 chapter 33 . 10/21/2013
Wedding scenes were hard to write for you? LIES. It was so good!

Maylene and Reggie were completely perfect and in love, and it was touching. My favorite was probably the barefoot part, though, so sweet. :)

I just felt… such a ridiculous rush of emotions while reading this. Like, wow. The last part had me almost in tears. HE LEFT A SPACE. IN THE CIRCLE. FOR SILVER. I died. It was adorable and just GAHHH.

We readers are ecstatic at the prospect of a sequel. I’m sure it’ll be the most amazing thing ever, and I certainly look forward to reading every last bit when the time comes. In the meantime… PLEASE keep writing! Your one-shots are simply divine COUGHcontestshippingCOUGH, and I’d love to see more of those. :D

In summary, 100000000000/10 story, will love and cherish and save as a pdf to put on my Kindle and read all day err day. No shame. I LOVE YOU.
That One Bright Star chapter 32 . 10/20/2013
Can't wait for the epilogue

What ever happened to Lyra? I want soulsilvershipping!
bring color to my skies chapter 32 . 10/18/2013
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG IM LIKE CRYING AND SQUEALING AND SMILING AND CRYING AND OMG I CANT BELIEVE IT'S ALMOST OVER D:

Will there be a sequel? I doubt that there will be, but...I just love this so much! I want the adventures to continue! I want to see more Contestshipping (omg you are like a genius with them), LeafGreenshipping (that last scene was just like the most perfect thing ever), Pokéshipping (absolutely so cute. I love how in-character Ash has stayed throughout the whole process of finding out that he and Misty were "eros" :3), and Ikarishipping (Ikarishipping has never been my favorite, but this story really opened me up to their relationship and I can honestly say that I love this couple because of you)! UUUUUGGGGHHHH I need a sequel. It just won't feel complete without one. :c Okay, so it probably will since you're so amazing at ending your chapters so perfectly, but, still. I need a sequel, Lu. LIKE RIGHT NOW.

Lol enough of my bitchyness; this story is definitely the best Pokéshipping/LeafGreenshipping one I have ever read in my whole year of being on Fanfiction, and I am SO glad that I clicked on [ New Story ] in my inbox. You are absolutely brilliant, and I hope to be just like you in my writing "career" someday!

Thank for such a beautiful story. You are amazing, gurl, and I can't wait for the Epilogue!

Love you!