Reviews for The Ash Connection
JellyLollie chapter 11 . 1/24/2018
So I've read TAC and TAC II a few times now, but I never took the time to write you anything... because I'm lazy as fuck. I just wanted to say that you've written two of my favorite fanfics ever, and I just love going back to it and reading it over and over again.
I haven't even watched all the Pokémon seasons but I love some of the characters because of the way you portrayed them, and you did such an amazing job writing so many characters at the same time while also developing an interesting and clever plot. In the TAC-verse, Paul's my favorite character. His development is just so beautiful and heartbreaking.
I just don't know what else I could say to show you how much I appreciated the story you wrote.
There's this one think I'd like to ask you about... In this chapter, Jessie and James are talking about the bus accident. James calls the kids "The redhead twerp, the twerp with the bandanna, the rude twerp, the fine twerp...". So who's the fine twerp? I'm not really sure who that is... Cilan?
Thanks again for the great story. I can't wait for TAC III.
Hope you have a great day!
Mii
Guest chapter 9 . 1/24/2018
I feel that the story is way too shippy right now.

Also, Ash is oblivious, sure, but he knows what the concept of a girlfriend is. He's 15 years old. Heck, he knew more in the show at 10 years old about relationships.
Guest chapter 7 . 1/23/2018
What a TWIST!
Enchanted Hats chapter 33 . 1/10/2018
I quite enjoyed this story although admittedly I didn't know half the characters you introduced in this story. I'm more of an old school pokemon fan. So it's harder for me to keep track of the new people.

My only real quip with the story is that there were too many characters. And not too many characters overall- you had a real interwoven plot with many different subplots happening in the background. That's all well and good. What I mean is that you had too many characters in a single scene.

Typically when I write stories with a ton of characters, I try to keep the scenes less cluttered. It's hard to keep track of a conversation if you have six or seven people in the room all with things to say. It's not impossible to do- of course. And sometimes it is necessary that everyone be present for an announcement or the like. And I know the Ash connection was the whole gimmick of the story. Of how many people were connected to Ash. It just became really cluttered at parts- where I was left wondering what the point was to have quite so many characters there.

It would be remiss of me to leave out what I really liked about this story. I thought Ash's character was on point. I don't usually find many fanfics where people write an older Ash effectively, but you did. My only beef might be that at 14, Ash was a little old to still have a very childlike mentality on romance. He knows what a girlfriend or boyfriend means. He's vehemently said that Misty wasn't his girlfriend was. So his reaction in those scenarios made it seem like Ash was FAR younger than he actually is. It's okay for him to be obtuse in love. But completely ignorant makes it seem like Ash has been living the last four years in a vacuum.

But back on what I liked. Ash's feelings about his status as Chosen One was super refreshing and believable. I loved those flashes of doubts and how he didn't want to share them. I know I (and probably many other fanfic authors) operate our fanfics with the assumption that Ash is chosen. We don't really explore the rather interesting avenue of "but is he really?" or even if others believe it too. I was absolutely fascinated by this.

I only wish it amounted to something a bit more epic. Ash's "chosenness" seemed to be purposefully for tackling a pokemon and falling to his near death. Couldn't... anyone have done that? Hm, maybe I missed the point. I know you were going for more of a Ash isn't "special" per say but more that people gravitate to him and that's where he has powers. But it still felt like bit of a let down. Not sure what I wanted to occur, I just wanted there to be more of a reason for Ash to be there. Like maybe he can talk Mewtwo out of it for a second or two? Iunno.

Anyway, despite my quips, I really did enjoy this story. Thank you for sharing it. And I look forward to any you decide to write in the future. :)
Guest chapter 33 . 1/6/2018
Its been a few a few years since I read it and I forgot everything that happened. But man...this was such an amazing journey. I got to experience one of the greates fanfics ever all over again...I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FJIWOEMCNXOOSODODNCJV
Guest chapter 33 . 12/29/2017
*wipes tear* those last few paragraphs get me everytime ...(goes to cry and pretends silver is there is ghosts glowing sparking stary form)
ash connection could be whole again, huh?
Freakin genius and beautiful writer, you are
Guest chapter 24 . 12/28/2017
I like that you involve every character and don't just make situations that have only ship characters. Like people would write things with with everyone being friends, but only the people they ship would always do everything together. The group would always be separated into shippings.
You on the other end, have great mixes.
Ritchie, Leaf, and Iris?
Paul, Cilan, and Trip?
Great team match ups. Gives variety
But...*deep breathe* YOU KILLED PROTON!
Oh, wow...Huh, there goes one of my fav executives, the cruelest guy in Team Rocket...playing HGSS kinda disappointed, Archer is way stronger than him...even Petrel and Ariana are! Sheesh...oh well...like how you included them as well
Au Revoir~
Guest chapter 26 . 12/28/2017
Okay, I'm translating this as I read it
Now, I don't speak Hindi either, and did not use Google translate or anything else
To be honest I had no idea what she was saying iuntil Cilan mentioned it
She said, "I saw him. I saw Kyurem. He is in their grasp/trap?"
Something like that. Not sure what the last word would directly mean in English...
Enchanted Hats chapter 1 . 12/22/2017
Ohhhh. I like it so far. Yay for an old school fan writing a pokemon fanfic. I thought I might have been the only one left.

Looking forward to more! Especially since this story is already complete. I have plenty to read ahead of me. :)
Guest chapter 28 . 12/17/2017
I LOVE THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN LANCE AND LEAF! It's so nice of him to be like a parent to her

OMG IF DELIA MOVED IN THE THE GREENE COUPLE THEN BY ADOPTION DOES THAT MEAN LEAF IS ASH'S AUNT?!
Kay, Au Revoir~
Ghosted Away chapter 1 . 12/11/2017
Hello there, I noticed this story floating around for a fair while. But now that I have finished my own writing and have the holidays to relax, I thought now would be a good time to dive in.

Why? Because I want to keep on believing in Ash Ketchum.

I am one of those who grew up with the original series as a child, and no matter the bumps and downtimes over the years of adolescence (for both the show and real life), I always found reasons to keep on looking forward towards a better tomorrow. Unfortunately, the end of Diamond and Pearl was not one of those reasons, and the overall presentation of Best Wishes felt like a slap in the face for the fans of Ash Ketchum. The Unova Region and its many themes were practically perfect for an older Ash to mature and grow up into the Inspirer that I used to see him as (amongst many other older fans).

For that reason, I am already thankful to see another writer having taken up the mantle to do this. Not another rewrite from the very beginning (we have enough of those), but one that is aimed at continuing Ash's story.

But enough of my reminisce for now.

The prologue was short but sweet. I am intrigued with that dream involving Giovanni. He never got any real closure or some sort of character arc in the show (although his grand operations in Best Wishes were pretty badass), so I look forward to his involvement here.

Speaking of which, the dream sounded as though there is a case of amnesia here. Did Ash forget something important between now and the Sinnoh League? My guess is that a clash with Giovanni and/or his pokemon caused him to lose specific memories of importance. I personally love it when stories leave tidbits and foreshadowing for the future, so I will be on the lookout for those hints.

Iris and Cilan were not really shown much here, but they do sound more lovable than canon Best Wishes. I myself actually enjoyed Cilan's scientifically-oriented mind and speech, while Iris can contrast him by being more of a nature girl, so I am keen on seeing where you decided to take these characters.

And now Ash is going to be seeing Misty for Christmas. Just so you know, Misty has always been one of my favourite poke-girls (more often now my favourite of all). She did have many faults in her own character and the writing of the staff, but those faults are a part of the reason why I love her character so much, so it will be really nice to see what you did with her as well.

Anyway, peaceful start to this story. I look forward to where this goes next!

P.S. This must be more than just a coincidence. I started reading this story with just under two weeks before Christmas Day of 2017, and I became really excited when Ash said he was preparing to see Misty for Christmas. They say that coincidences are merely the laws of the universe trying to remain anonymous, so in the lead-up to Christmas, I am going to make the most of this opportunity to enjoy this story for Christmas!
Artoshi chapter 6 . 11/17/2017
Guest chapter 27 . 11/12/2017
I knew that Emily knowing about it was gonna cause trouble eventually. However, I am so shocked to see that Lance reacted quite calmly? I thought he would have lost his mind. The Cress and Chili mission to find Meoletta was so funny! It was a nice touch!
Guest chapter 26 . 11/12/2017
I had a feeling that the fact that Trip's mom knew about it would be brought up again, and I am wondering how it will affect everything. Though, I feel like it might cause trouble. Also I really felt bad for Domino, even after being betrayed, she is still loyal to the organization and that is really incredible. I loved the moment with Jess, James and Meowth.
Guest chapter 25 . 11/12/2017
Leaf's background story made me tear up. Though, I was expecting it to be quite sad, I wasn't thinking it would be that sad. I am glad we know more about Lance and Leaf's relationship. I adored Misty's speech! It was a good one! Finally I must say, Giovanni abandoning them was absolutely cold and really made an impact. If he is willing to abandon very good and loyal agents like Domino behind without a second thought, I can only imagine what he would do to anyone else. All this about Kyurem seems like a very bad idea and things are getting even more intense. I am interested in seeing what can happen! I hope this means we are going to see more action from Jessie, James and Meowth. I sincerely hope things won't end up badly for them like it did for Domino and the others...
1,072 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »