Reviews for The Ash Connection
reader08 chapter 32 . 7/18/2016
This was a truly amazing story! You have a gift for writing. The portrayal of characters and emotions was beautiful! Thank you for this story! Never stop writing!
reiko.andrea21941 chapter 4 . 7/15/2016
Drew is so my favorite.
Arnil chapter 33 . 6/19/2016
It's very nice... Please make the sequel ASAP
FyreDrakon chapter 33 . 5/31/2016
Probably the best fanfiction on the website. Character development was stellar. The end was a bit of a bore, but the story overall was epic. infinity/10
Alchemy student chapter 33 . 5/18/2016
Wow, where do I even begin on this...

Pokemon, Sailor Moon, and Sonic wre the first three fandoms that I had ever read fanfics for. Of those three, I had only found two with really good dramatic fics that I could consider awesome and fantastic. Pokemon, on the other hand, never seemed to match up to those two. As a matter of fact, the onl ones that I foun that I could consider good were comedy with Mewtwo killing kids shows and others. I tended to stay away from AAMRNS like the plauge and stories like this for ages. Until I became a brony, I would never have thought of touchin a long fic like this.

And now, after all this time, I have read this fic, and I can really say...

This is the best Pokemon fic I have ever read, and I am glad to have read it.

MY biggest complaint is, amuzingly enough, the greatest srenght of this fic. The large cast. I heel like the lage cst did hinder a little of the story's potiental to give us time to deal with all of them. Some, like Ritchie, felt like like they were outliers and didn't get as much focus as they should've.

Also...a minor complaint but I kind of wanted a big Pokemon battle with Ash weilding Mewtwo like a boss, but that is more of me wantin a battle like that.

Everything else thoghuh is awesome. I said eariler that a good sign of a well made character is when I start t worry for her safety. This is true for LEar. She had emotions, she felt real, and best of all she wasn't a mary sue (I am counting her as an OC since she is not in the show, even though she is based on the game) She grwew through the story and she felt like someone I wanted to see more of.

AS I said, the large cast was both a deterrent and a plsu. The plus comes in the idea that we see just how much Ash has done and where his character has gone. We se e the friendship and relationships pf the character grow as they all interact with one another through the story.

This fic also did a wonderful job of worldbuilding. It mad the world of the anime seem that much more real and beautifully developed.

Through the action and interactions, I feel like this fic brings out something that the show has forgotten in recent times. Growth and making the adventure fun. It just seems more and more like the anime just keeps wanting Ash to stay a stagnant character with little to kno growth whatsoever. The breaking point for me was the episode where Ash ha a gym battle but only brought one Pokemon without bringing the rest of his team and went back to change his team in the pokemon center like a freaking idoit. IT made me really forget why I like the show and Ash.

This fic helped keep my thoughts together and while I might not go back to watching the show anytime soon. this fic helped me to remember that fanfics willalways be there to help me enjoy the characters as I remember them. To give me adventures and stories that I would never see anywhere else!

Also, this made me like an AAMRN (Is that even a thing anymore? God I am old!) aso that is a bonus.

Thank you for a wonderful story.
Alchemy student chapter 31 . 5/18/2016
Ok, thhis was tearjearking...Stop making me cry darn it!
Alchemy student chapter 28 . 5/17/2016
Wow, you made Iris a likable character, you made the team and world even more interesting, and this stoy has been a fun ride throughout. It feels like a Pokemon adventures magna, and those have always been awesome
Alchemy student chapter 25 . 5/14/2016
Gahhh!1 why is this so good, why am I loving this so much?
Alchemy student chapter 24 . 5/13/2016
Hallmark of a good...OC? Does LEaf count as an OC since she is techinically based off the LEaf character you could play as in Pokemon leaf green/fire red? I'm calling her an OC. Is whne you see her badly hurt and you CARE about the character enough that you are worried for their safety.
Icystarlight chapter 33 . 5/10/2016
It's been a long time since you wrote this but it still one of my favorites never stop writing you're really good at it! Thank you for this amazing experience
Alchemy student chapter 7 . 5/5/2016
"Giovanni is Ash'sfather,"

Wow, had't seen that cliche in ages! Ho w have you been you old seadog! OH, come here you *hugs the cliche*

Ok, serious now. While it is an cliche, it is a good one that can be done well. So lets see tha this brings to th table.
Alchemy student chapter 6 . 5/5/2016
...

You know, before this, the best Pokemon fic I had read was a comedy fic where Mewtwo killed a bunch of kids shows. Then, we have this wich has blown everything out of the water. This story...god, its been a fun ride and can't wait to read more!
CosmosAngel1 chapter 33 . 4/16/2016
What a stunning story.
your plot was phenomenal. Following all the details was an experience never to be doubled. Every character was used and given growth - even without noticing; case in point, Barry.
I absolutely had to finish this story.
1,072 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »