Reviews for Rosemary Potatoes
Jhuliette Sie chapter 1 . 9/8/2017
Luna Lovegood. nuff said.
Smiling Seshat chapter 1 . 10/14/2015
That is absolutely beautiful. I loved it.
Blacksheep28 chapter 1 . 7/17/2015
I absolutely adore this Beauty. She is charming, witty, smart, and certainly no damsel in distress. The Beast certainly fits the mannerisms of a man so self centered that he was cursed to be a beast until he could learn to see beyond the surface. I love the back and forth, and the self assuredness of Beauty. I love how the story even mimics the style of the original fairy tale with Beauty and the Beast meeting for dinner each night where he asks her to marry him. I have to wonder if he regrets asking for this Beauty, beautiful and smart and not someone who he can control.
Anon chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
This is beautiful. Also, rather perfect. I never much liked the original story where she developed some sort of Stockholm Syndrome induced affection for her captor. This is so much better. Because no matter how nice or polite he is to her, it never changes the fact that she doesn't have much of a choice in being there in the first place, and one does not build a healthy relationship on kidnapping and death threats.
Genny chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
I LOVE IT! and have to ask, s that last "will you marry me" Beauty forgiving the beast and asking him instead?
DJ chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
I LOVE ALL OF YOUR STORIES!
happydaisy chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
Aww, that was so heartwarming, despite the not-quite-happy ending for Beauty, Beast, and her father. I really enjoyed the way Beauty's answers reveal so much about her even though she never comes right out and tells long stories about her past.

I actually first came across your story "True Love's Curse" and it seemed interesting, but I decided to read this one before starting that one so I could get a sense of your writing style in a shorter fic. This story convinced me! I'm off to reading your other work!

Lea Rose chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
This is a deep story. It has the elements of the fairytale, but with the ring of truth that will keep it alive for contemporaneous writings. And it is still humourous. Thank you for a beautiful tale.
BlueNynaeve chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
Interesting take on this. An admirable and yet very bitter pair. So how can they both get better?
nerdsrock chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
I just read all that and she doesnt say yes... Sad day. Great job though! You really have a gift!
saltwater dreamer chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
This was such an amazing story and if i had your gift with words i would tell you just how stunning it really was, but since i don't you'll have to be content with this simple review. I loved every bit of it, and the ending was perfect. Its one of those stories that i'll be thinking about for a long time to come...thank you.
sparkling unicorn chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
Wow. This is so freaking amazing. The dialogue and the diction and the pathetic lovable beast and the slightly spoiled intelligent beauty. It's hard not to admire everything about this story. It's a bit sad, but not everything can have happily ever afters huh?

Bravo.
Clar the Pirate chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
I can't think of a single thing to say. So I'll just favourite it so you know I think it's the best thing you've ever written.
45692-358923-09 chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
I have been putting off reviewing this because I am an easily distracted person and have actually been putting off reviewing quite a lot of things so you shouldn't take it to heart.

But I really shouldn't have put it off, because I LOVE it. I mean, I can't even figure out how to properly phrase it so that you understand how much I loved this. It's like there's this pastry in front of you (I'm sitting in Panera Bread right now so bear with me as this metaphor progresses) and you can tell at a glance that it's flaky and soft and filled with something sweet and gooey, because it is a pastry and that is the definition of a pastry. OK, so you take a first bite, and it's peachy and warm and melts on your tongue, so you start to eat faster until you have inhaled that pastry like it's air. And then you are a tiny bit sad because it's gone, but you can't be too sad because even though it's gone, it was still delicious, and that taste is still on your tongue. And the more you think about it, the more you realize that there was more than peach in the pastry. There were hints of cream and cinnamon and other layers that you missed in the inhalation, but now you have them and can think about them and maybe that pastry is even better now it's over. What's better than the eating is the taste it leaves behind.

(I mean, if I were being particularly clever, I would have used mashed potatoes, but one really cannot ignore the call of the pastries when they are all arranged so beautifully at the counter.)

I loved this story and the wit and the dialogue, but what I loved even better was what it left behind in that last unanswered question. And I loved the layers you kept revealing right up until the end, as Beauty's refusal progresses in our eyes from just an amused write-off to a deep and meaningful REASON. and that reason happens to be a very good one. (Though I'm assuming in this version Beauty offered to stay instead of the less appealing scenario when her father trades her life for his.)

Seriously, I was just munching along, enjoying the humor and the snark and then BAM. you hit us right over the head with it. Leaving Clar's aside, as she is always the exception, I don't think I've ever really liked a Beauty before, as much as I've liked this one.

brava.

now, Adventure Buddies, AHOY. chop, chop.
Olaya chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Best Beaty and the Beast. Ever.
Their interaction was lovely and Beauty was awesome and everything else was too. :)