Reviews for The Tragyls at Hogwarts: 1984
Runespoor chapter 10 . 6/1/2003
A Few Points Before I Begin: first thing, I'd like to state, on a very sure ground, that I hold no friendliness whatsoever towards OCs. OCs, as far as I'm concerned, should be given to the fangirls to squeal on.

That's it, it was that way until I read you other fic, and found the name of Kathryna in there. An I began to actually like her alright, especially as we learnt more of her familial background. And then at the end of the chapter you mentioned something about some other story you wrote focusing on them. And I thought, what the heck, got nothing to read and besides that just sounds funny, go and read it.

I've read all the chapter in a row. There's something about this fic that is addictive, I tell you. You put so much life in your characters. They don't just sound like real people: they are real people. One of the farthest thing from two-dimensional I've read in this fandom. And I pride myself for regularly coming on ffn since the HP section was 50 pages.

No way you can settle your mind on just "okay, so she's a nice girl" or "that's definite, I hate him." Because anyway, it won't be true. in one chapter, or in ten, or years and years after, you something will happen, that would change your take on the character. And it would even be justified.

Talking about this, I think it would be nice if you did as much as hint to something of the sort for Wallsby. Because this is much more serious than in PS, when three first-year kids were stone-hard convinced their Potions teacher was trying to kill one of them. This is an Auror's diary. Somehow, the fact that she graduated from her suspect's own House make it sound even more serious.

On a lighter side... ('lighter'? Ha! You bet!) Poor Harris sure is putting through a lot. As with lots of other characters, I'm feeling a bit torn about him. On the one side, I find him a bit... passive, perhaps, about what's happening to him. On the other side, it's a very comprehensible course of non-action to hold. He's extremely human in this. Frightened and confused and angry and definitely not going to let them decide what's good for him or not, Damn It. At leat that's how I see it.

By the way, from how it sounded, I'm not sure Snape would have tolerated such a spell being used between fellow students. Especially in their House's rooms. At least when they're outside, there's always the chance for someone to walk by. Then again, it's true he wasn't the Head of Slytherin House back in those days. Another good reason for having Wallsby out of the way. Alas, I've got the feeling he's gonna stick around for quite a long time...

I like that all your characters seem to have a story, the Slytherins' being of course the most developed, Harris being very much of a Slytherin, thank you for him.

I've taken a liking to Aurora. I think. More or less. When she's not going Slytherins-are-bad mantra. And I appreciate Candice too, something I didn't expect with such a first name.

As for the rest of the Tragyl family, they're brilliant. I've obviously fallen in "character-love" with Clarence because he's so, well, Clarence!... Alas, it's the only reason I've got for liking any of the other characters as well. Except the two babies, whom you can't write about too much, all of them are thoroughly enjoyable, with the possible exception of Brent, who's put a bit in the shadows.

Yes, the family is great. If a bit dysfunctional, even if none of the kids can see it or accept it or... I'd really love to know more about Waltr, by the way.

Results are that you've got me completely hooked on the story. Adding it to my fav list right now.
Lady Cinnibar chapter 10 . 4/16/2003
O... I think I've found a new favorite...
alexgray1 chapter 10 . 4/9/2003
ugh! I hope you continue this story! Wow! I am impressed by your writting, and all of your stories. If only you would stop the cliffhangers! ugh!
alexgray1 chapter 2 . 4/9/2003
This was so funny! You really have a knack for comedy. Your stories all flow smoothly. I know that one day I will be picking up a book with your name on the cover.
Guest chapter 10 . 2/27/2003
Have you abandoned his story? Sniff! Please. More.
Ravishingly Discreet chapter 10 . 2/24/2003
_ Beautiful as the smiles on those three girl's faces.

I love it.

Now.. *Ahem*

Where's the next chapter?
Ravishingly Discreet chapter 3 . 2/19/2003
_ Can I have Clarence?

I'll keep the curse on him and keep him tucked away in my closet. Puh-lease?
Ravishingly Discreet chapter 2 . 2/19/2003
I've fallen in love with that five year old red head. _

Quite a character, and quite an idea!

So well written that I'll be ashamed to read any of my own fanfiction after this.
Fuss16 chapter 10 . 2/9/2003
Ahh! I love all your storys so much. Espically Twelve Again. Its really cool how you mention the tragyls in that story. - Anyways,I've waited for like...a llllllllooooooongggggggg time for the next chapter to this story to come out. It never did. :( I REALLY want it come out soon. Ive been waiting so long. And if your not continueing because you have only 14 reveiws thats because your using made up charecters and not alot of people like to read about anyone different from Harry and all the others. Don't get me wrong,alot of people LOVE made up charecters. (Like me,for one!) But anyways. You really really need to continue. I'll check back every day looking for a new chapter to your Twelve again story and to this story. C'ya.
Quilynn chapter 10 . 12/27/2002
Write more! Please? I love Aurora. The BBQ will be great fun! Hurry hurry! This is wonderful!
ZSlyth chapter 10 . 12/16/2002
~bows before your greatness~ very very good. you are updating soon, right? I love Slyth stories that are not centered around Draco or Sevie. More? Please? Soon? ~begs~
Arysta chapter 10 . 11/18/2002
Wow! This is really good! I love how you're getting into the intense inter-house rivalries... I can't wait to read more!
Crydywn chapter 10 . 11/16/2002
At the end of chapter 7/8 (I can't quite remeber which) I almost gave up in dispare until I remebered that you had said that I was on your more was on your website, so you will be pleased that I immediately hopped over there and contiuned reading, (untill 2 am on a school night) Bad bad person! (am I talking about you for leading me into temptation or me for giving in? not to sure...)

I just thought I would reiterate what I said in my last(fisrt?) review that I think it is brilliant, and I really do mean it!

Can't wait for the next chapter to be posted!

~*~Cry~*~
Ariana Deralte chapter 10 . 11/15/2002
I'm glad Harris made friends with Emily. Aurora is interesting. Their plan to take down their teacher is interesting. hmm, wonder if knowing snape went to trial will make harris trust him more or less. I see Harris has finally decided to avail himself of his 'other' bed. Wonder what will happen now. Write more. Cheers:)
Ariana Deralte chapter 9 . 11/12/2002
It was interesting to see the twins first day in muggle school. They didn't do too badly...Wow, Valr is truly rather devious. Does he feel guilty for stealing the wand?

Just so you know btw, you get more reviews if you don't post all your chapters at once. People just assume that your lack of reviews means a bad story since no one has reviewed it per chapter, even if that's a completely illogical assumption. That being said, Great chapter. Thanks for updating so soon. Cheers:)
38 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »