Reviews for Interview
jennytza chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
That was awesome. It took me to a dark place trying to imagine what you were conveying. Its rare to ever see a story written from this perspective. Really good take on it. I could totally picture this kind of salty, angry and utterly done Squall.
LaylaEvercrest chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
Sorry I have been delayed on reviewing this until now. I really Loved reading this, but I'm sad its complete! I feel like there is so much more to the story and I want to know more about what happens after the tape ends. I tried to understand come of the criticism but honestly I just didn't agree with it. Yes, we are missing some of the story, but for the piece you are doing I didn't feel that it had to be there to give the overall feeling you were intended to give. If this was on going, I'd expect to see more about how he had got there... Hint hint hint... D
Emerald-Latias chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
Interesting thought concerning most of the focus is indeed on the other party in the sorceress/knight dynamic. I will say that this probably would have been better off having a bit more explored more in depth and not in an interview format however. It feels too cold and impersonal and I have to wonder - why would Squall have himself interviewed if he was in so much emotional pain? Like, what purpose would it serve?

We do not know anything about the current state of sorceresses or who even inherited Rinoa's powers so why would he be warning anyone about a knight's psychosis in this instance if he's going to be dead anyway? There are no connections as far as I'm aware here. I'm not calling him selfish but...I dare say that his thoughts would be elsewhere at this time to not bother with this song and dance.

On that note, he wanted to die because the other half of himself died because of failure - I would like to think that he'd be the type to be self-sufficient do the job himself or at least fall off the grid and find a slower, more inventive way to torture himself. Squall has always been one to internalize everything and I would doubt he'd want to involve others carrying a burden.

Furthermore, the dying like a warrior thing just rubs me the wrong way because Squall has always been someone who was pushed into doing anything or accepting titles, doing something because he was told, not because he had any love for it. SeeD and Garden might have been apart of who he is, but I don't see him romanticizing any part of it - he is what he is because he knows of nothing else.

I want to like this, I really did, but the execution is off (no pun intended). To me, this reads like a man who had his soulmate taken away from him and wanted to end his own life out of grief - not the intended story of saying what happens to a knight when the sorceress dies as there is very little said other than 'I went mad' when she died. Honestly, I could Squall still reacting this way after the death of Rinoa even if they weren't sorceress and knight because of his personality and past personal trauma alone. I think should have taken place at the moment of impact to tell this tale the way it was meant to be told.
Bebedora chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
...

All I can say is Wow. That was absolutely incredible. Never did I think about the sorceress/knight bond in this way.

You never cease to amaze me.

B
Ao Sekai chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
Although it is tragic, the story is you'd written is absolutely original. When I read Red Skies you answered the question about the consequences about a lone sorceress. But answering the question that runs in my mind about a knight without it's sorceress, well you did. Actually when I received this story from my account I was nervous at first because I thought it would be connected to your other stories. But it's not well good relief.

I have also my own sorceress/knight bond related story which is right now is in progress. but I don't have knowledge when it comes to strategies, rescue operations , weapons selection and most of all the fighting scenes. (sigh)
Twin-Lance chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
Wow. I love this. I am a huge fan of the stories that include a sorceress/knight bond and I love how you did it so simple and short and to the point. I never really considered what might happen to the knight should the sorceress fall, but I would imagine it would be something similar to what you described. To have that kind of connection just severed with no notice...

I also liked the brief mentions of both Nida and Irvine. But boy, you could write another story just based on Irvine's reaction to the events and any sentence he carries out per Squall's request. Great job.
Rydia Pryde chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
Wow. This is lovely... really really lovely in a sad way. :)
I love the last part "Don't look at me like that Quistis..." reminding you that the other people are in the room listening to him pour it all out...
brilliant, as always :)
seiryux chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
Very well written, but man is this ever dark *sheds manly tears*