Reviews for It's OK Not To Be OK (But I Promise, I'm Trying)
Okay so I just started this (obviously since I'm reviewing chapter 3) but I'm really liking McGonagall and the way you've fleshed out the Dursleys. I'm worried about Ron though because it kind of seems like you're setting us up for some Ron bashing and I'm not sure about Harry being a super genius but I'm willing to go with it for now. Will review again as I get further along! I enjoyed the beginning!
I love the way you've deiced to let the bond form over time as well as their feeling for each other. You've done a really great job of capturing the meaning of the Triwizard Tournament in this story.
MNR chapter 27 . 7/20
I was sooo glad when you let cedric live! Oh thank goodness, thank you! Great story!
MNR chapter 20 . 7/20
Not another soul-bond story! I mean they're great and all, but I have read way to many of them! Sorry, this a great story so far!
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 16 . 7/17
Is Harry's Headache caused by Legilimency?
or has Lord Voldemort caused it.

Interesting story
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 12 . 7/17
Some characters never had there complete names given. For instance we never were told the first names of Hermionie's parents. A lot of fic writers have given them names. Similarly the blood-statuses of most characters are never told.
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 9 . 7/17
Is Harry going to have wealth from the Potters?

Good story. I enjoyed the shopping trip.

I wonder what will happen to the Dursleys?
I understand your problem in your author's note. You are not alone. I have the same thing happen to me. I was writing a one-shot on Muggle-borns recovering the lost episodes of Dr. Who by putting their memories of them into Pensieves and using special equipment from American wizards to convert them to digital on a computer.

I ended up telling about Ginny accidentally breaking Harry's new Muggle refrigerator. That's a good enough story to post but it isn't what I was trying to create.

By the way, you are writing a quite unique story.
Harry needs out of the Dursley home and I think Dudley should come out to. Harry could go with any number of wizarding families but I don't think the Malfoys would be wise.
Oracle10 chapter 7 . 5/31
Awesome story, characterizations are pretty good... A little quibble with word choices. That last bit with Harry asking for Vernon to be imvrestoigated and his asking after Susan... It sounded a little too polished.

Maybe instead of "cultivate relationships" you could try "want to make more friends than just a handful in my own house"

He just seems a little too sophisticated and dserlf-aware for his age.

As for stuff about Vernon... "Actionable" isn't in most 13-year-olds vocabulary. Hertmione might use these words and phrases, but Ron and Harry would far less precise.
nanaeleanor chapter 15 . 5/23
You don't make it clear whether or not Albus understood the level of abuse Harry endured. He says something to acknowledge that Harry wasn't happy there, but Amelia didn't mention the state Harry was in when he ran away in June. Would Dumbles still be so callous if he knew the extent of Harry's injuries?
nanaeleanor chapter 12 . 5/23
I must say that DD's reaction is simply unbelievable especially if you're trying to make his character manipulative and controlling. That he would just wait until September 1st and hope Harry was on the train is not a realistic portrayal. As the great manipulator he would be very proactive in trying to find him. If he had done all he had to stick Harry with the Dursleys regardless of the consequences for the boy for the greater good, he wouldn't idly sit back now.

I like the story so far even though there is a lot of telling instead of showing.
Greekmytholgy chapter 16 . 4/29
Legamancy and from the charm Ginny is wearing
Catkin03 chapter 3 . 4/28
This is great, one of my favourite fanfics ever! This is quality stuff and I am so glad that you've done all the school years! Well done, you should be really proud of yourself! (I think I might have gone a bit mad on the exclamation marks but its really that good!)
ZeldaPotter29 chapter 18 . 4/25
LOOOOOOVE IT! but when you talk about the Bubatons ( cannot spell french stuff, dont judge me!) carrage pulling in, you say house insteed of horse. Just thought id let u know