Reviews for Burning Brightly
ghoulisheous chapter 5 . 9/24
I know you haven't updated this in a while but I've become so endeared to this fic in just a handful of chapters and I wanted you to know that. You have a real talent for writing engaging relationship dynamics and intriguing characters. This fic deserves SO MANY reviews. So many.

I love the dynamic between Robin and Danny. There are so few fics that put those two characters in the spotlight and explore the potential in a friendship between them. I love that Danny looked up to Robin and was inspired to become a hero because of him (tho that'll be like a kick in the teeth when Robin finds out). And just, ugh, it feels like you've set this up for so much drama in the future. What with Danny being all secretive about his powers and story. And Robin worrying about a civilian just jumping into the fray without the training. And of course, Danny's gotta be feeling like: too late! Jumped that ship and the ship set sail!

I'm here for the drama of it all! -But with a good balance of light-heartedness because that's important and I'm glad you've taken that route with this story and with the way you wrote Danny.

Is Robin also so opposed to Danny becoming a hero because of Terra? Like Danny already reminds him of her, and a part of him connects the betrayal to allowing her to join the team on top of just being their friend? LMAO, I'm probably taking a shot in the dark here.. unless?

It was nice how the argument resolved. Neither of them quite agree, but it still ended on a good note

I also love the little moment of Cyborg telling Robin not to be too rough on Danny. He has to be feeling SO much guilt over what happened

Is Slade gonna go after Danny?

If Vlad knows where Danny is, I feel like that gives him so much leverage to use the legal system, doesn't it? All he would have to do is connect a face to a name and watch child services run in. It might be fun if Danny had to don a mask (when in public with the Titans) to avoid being taken away. With BB in the background all: this is your origin story, Danny! And Robin all: the mask is just practical! This isn't a slippery slope! He's a civilian and he'll stay that way!

How would Danny feel as he starts gaining more of the Titans trust? It seems like that would unravel his original plan of living in their city in case he ever Needs To Be Stopped
ghoulisheous chapter 4 . 9/24
And just like that Danny's back in business. Sort of.

This was a really great chapter. It's interesting how Robin seems to be the one who's most opposed to Danny helping them, it makes me curious but I don't have any guesses so far

I can just imagine Robin retaliating against Danny for worrying by enforcing a strict 6:00AM sharp training regimen. Like: you're banned from the field, Danny, but obviously I can't assume you won't catch me by surprise again so JUST IN CASE let's up the ante with your martial arts training. You will never use this, but there are a few new moves I wanted to show you

I also like the little moment between Cyborg and Danny. It was sweet. Especially with the knowledge of an angry!worried!Robin hanging over their heads
ghoulisheous chapter 3 . 9/24
I like how Raven is all surly (but not really as mean as she pretends to be). "We could have left him in the alley way" aw Raven you're so funny

It's nice to see that Raven and Robin have their morning rituals together as the early birds in the tower... Pun intended

"He didn't offer a last name. Robin didn't ask for one."
"Robin shook his head, " It's not against the law to try to rent an apartment. It's just against the law to actually rent out an apartment to a minor. "
This side of Robin is nice to see. I appreciate the acknowledgement of gray areas in the law and Robin deciding to be merciful and find loopholes.
I figured the first quote also counted as a loophole because if he doesn't know Danny's full, he can't call child services on him.

I like the idea of Robin trying to goad an unamused Danny into some sparring/training.

"Maybe I should have been the one to take the assignment to Hex."
Something tells me the Hive would be a hair too different from public highschool to be comparable. Just a hair tho. Sorry Robin!

I love how you're bringing the Titans' relationship with Terra into play and drawing comparisons and exploring how the Titans would handle bringing another strange new friend into the fold (without making them all super-hyper-paranoid and unfriendly all like: "I WILL take you down and that is a fact. Friendship is OUTLAWED. ") Like, they're cautious, but they haven't completely hardened their hearts to new friendships and alliances that live IN the tower with them. And they aren't, like, making an enemy out of Danny prematurely with their suspicions.
ghoulisheous chapter 2 . 9/24
Did Danny even take any pictures with him? That seems like something he'll regret in the future.

I like the parallel between Danny and Terra. Both met the Titans after being on the road with no friends or family to help them, and both hiding from their pasts, but then Danny is a lot less experienced at roughing it. At least in comparison with Terra "I have a flashlight" Markov.

I love your wisecracking Danny that keeps getting himself into trouble.
ghoulisheous chapter 1 . 9/24
I always thought the dichotomy of Danny absolutely despising Vlad in the show and then turning to him when he lost his friends and family was really interesting. And by interesting, I mean tragic. I'm glad you're exploring that here. Like, most of the people who loved him and wanted him around are gone, but then here's Vlad. The man who came up with several wild plots because he wanted Danny as a son. Even if that was unhealthy and obsessive, I can see how even that might appeal to Danny right now. Vlad poses as someone who wants to be there, for any reason.
I love this story, i cant wait for more, will Vlad work with Slade, after all, both are after their apprentices. Hope you continue this story because is really awesome
Winter's Folly chapter 5 . 12/19/2018
Thank you for the great story! I was wondering, is it abandoned?
Winter's Folly chapter 3 . 12/19/2018
Oh Robin... commence worry mode when Danny inevitably slips uptm.
KittyKatt Uzumaki chapter 5 . 9/15/2017
Awesome. Cant wait for more!
DannyPhantomPhandom chapter 5 . 6/1/2017
This is a great start! Please don't turn this into another dead good Teen Titans and Danny Phantom crossover! Nearly all the good ones get abandoned...
SneezySoul chapter 5 . 12/10/2016
*news
ugh i didnt write that last review too great ahaha

anyway I hope you come back to this soon, as it was such a good read (or, more like, a fresh breath from all the other fics that kind of go this route. This one does the whole crossover in a way I can actually imagine somehow, unlike some others, so it's really nice in my opinion and you did very well! I love this!)
SneezySoul chapter 4 . 12/10/2016
oh my gosh the new crew xD poor danny just cant catch a break!
HateIsRealAndItIsMe chapter 5 . 11/8/2016
more please... ;w; it's so good!
Guest chapter 5 . 10/14/2016
Uwaaaaaah! This fic is really interesting. And I was kinda surprised about Slade reappearing... But there's no doubt that he'll be trouble. . . . Well, if this fic was continued, anyway. I cri because it seems abandoned..! -cries dramatically- It was off to such a great start, too..! D,x
astrovagant chapter 5 . 10/14/2016
This is amazing so far! I hope that you continue it!