Reviews for Dysphoria
So...that transgender shit just came out of nowhere. I can guarantee you it would not be accepted like that. Mostly, because all fumctional societies throughout all time have rightly crushed transgender tendencies which always corrolate with other pyschological disorders. Those societies which failed to stamp put such things -at least publically- always dissolved as he cultural boundaries and mores which forced them to be strong broke down. Societal advancement is nota nice thing- it requires stringent and costly commitments from all members and does not care for the needs of the individual. Mostly, becaye caring for those needs is not practical or useful on the macroscale. Likewise, Being gay is one thing-dysphoria is literally a mental illness which can be incredibly dangerous to those who suffer from it. Being fine with folks having transgender issues is like being fine with someone having shizophrenia. They need help.
PepperCornPie chapter 19 . 11/22
Awesome update!
I love re-reading this story. Though i have to admit i don't like the sound of 15 year olds having sex or sent on sex missions...that's how the ninja world worked. Naruto is set in an age where children are sent out to die and fight for their village, so I doubt the Village is going to be kind and generous on people feelings on sex. It like what you wrote: Once you put on that headband you've sworn your life, body and death to her. I think the way you explained it makes sense and even though Naruto is pretty light-Ninjas are Dark creatures that kill in the shadows.

The latest chapter was a nice read and i can't wait to see how the final Wave fight plays out. :)
Nyos chapter 19 . 11/22
I love seeing all the spectrums of sexuality! As for the person who complained about this being a tumblrized sexuality fic, they're probably a narrow minded person that has never been properly introduced to all these different sexualities/genders before. Hopefully, this will help awake them from their dogmatic slumber.
SKYSPRITE chapter 12 . 11/21
This fanfic... I can't read anymore.

It's not the less than perfect grammar. It is not bad enough that it hinders my reading.

It's not the fact that Kakashi is a transgender woman. But I think that this story focuses too much on gender and sexuality. It's gotten to the point were gender and sexuality take up most of every chapter, which I believe isn't very realistic. It makes it seem less like reading a story and more like reading a debate.
In Naruto and Naruto Shippuden, it never focusses on gender and sexuality. That's probably why so many people can like it regardless of their own beliefs.

There were some very interesting theories about the ninja world that I enjoyed reading. However a lot of them went against my moral beliefs. Like ' Kunoichi MUST loose their virginity before fourteen' greatly disturbed me. The blatant talk of rape and 'breeding' is also very depressing to me, and is the bigger reason of why I'm not reading anymore. I'm not blaming you for that, you did a wonderful job of placing warnings and I thank you for it.

I'm sorry if I've offended you in someway. I rewrote this review several times trying to find the right words.

Please continue writing.
phoenixyfriend chapter 22 . 11/21
I have to admit, I was surprised (and quite excited) to see the e-mail alert for this pop up in my inbox. I've reread the past half-dozen chapters or so to reacquaint myself with the story as a whole, by the by.
SKYSPRITE chapter 2 . 11/20
So... My first review must have been pretty confusing, huh? I owe you an explanation. After reading partway through the first chapter I assumed I knew what was going to happen and stupidly went to write a review. I was fed up with all the bad fanfiction I've had the misfortune of reading this past few weeks and ASSUMED this one was just like the others.
I'm so sorry. If I knew how to delete a review I'd delete it now. Everything in that first review is not true about Dysphoria.
I will not say I love this fanfic, because I haven't read all of it yet, but I will say that it is unique and I'm excited to read it. I've actually seen some fanfics with OCs being reincarnated into a body of the opposite gender, but it's always kind of skipped over and never really addressed. I also can not think of one canon character in Naruto that is openly gay, lesbian, transgender,...ect. So if written well this could be very interesting.
SKYSPRITE chapter 1 . 11/20
From our world? Check. Died and reincarnated as a baby in the Naruto world? Check. Can think the same way as normal as a baby, despite the scientific impossibilities? Check. Is a fan of Naruto the series? Check. Is born in Konaha? Check. Related to a canon character? Check. Blood relative to one of the main characters? Check.

... It's not that I'm prejudice against OC fanfiction or even SI OC fanfics, but after reading the exact same fanfic over and over again... Sometimes you can get annoyed with the unoriginality (and the "original" in 'original character' just isn't original enough).
Now, I like reading fanfics like this... That's why I'm here...writing this review. But it gets to the point where I'm even willing to read a fanfic with (slightly) bad grammar just because it has something that makes it original.
I've yet to see anything uique in this fanfic, except the fact that the OC is blatantly not perfect.

Even though you said "Don't like don't read" I'm still leaving this review. Because its good for a writer to hear the opinion of their readers, whether good, bad, or all the grey in between.
knightessjg chapter 22 . 11/20
Yay, new chap! But you know, don't cause yourself trouble in order to finish it quick honey, we can wait. It's a lovely story, but YOU have to come first. Always.
thats stupid

i like your story so please dont let the flames bother you too much
LokiHatake chapter 22 . 11/20
It was an interesting chapter. And sometimes waiting only makes the chapters more interesting.
yay kakashi ish moments cant wait for a dress to flutter on the road of live
katsekala chapter 22 . 11/20
Great chapter! Many kisses!
KumorikoKumoriko chapter 22 . 11/20
Now I thought I wuoldn't like this but I do. I have a transgender friend so I think its nice this story is kinda supportived of it.
Angelic Fluffle chapter 22 . 11/20
That bout of Kakashi hating herself made me catch my breath - it was a good representation of how some days can feel for transgender people. It was a good, emotional addition to an otherwise uplifting chapter.
I hope you are able to feel happier soon, and good luck with college!