Reviews for Treading Water
Aveo amacus chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
Great to read more SG1 love the Sam headspace. Especially the end that was so angsty as we know she tries to talk to Jack in affinity and gets it massively wron and he shuts her down as well. Thank goodness for the light at the end of the tunnel that was Threads!

Great fic Astra loved it
Aveo
hlee0890 chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
Wow. I'm impressed. Very impressed! You have captured the voice of Carter perfectly... I imagine this to be very similar to what was going on in her mind during season 8. No I need to look up this book it's dedicated to. Thanks for a great oneshot!
PatriciaS chapter 1 . 5/10/2013
Enjoyed reading The Drift and this tag fits it very well. Like the way you've written Sam and her thoughts. Thanks for sharing.
Selective scifi junkie chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
It's great to see you writing again. I know I've said it all before on your other fics, but it's still true; I love the depth you bring to every character you look at, I love the meaning in your structure, I love the intricacy of your references, I still don't know what the glance starboard was about, and I've seen all the series and have a phenomenally good memory for that sort of thing.
Still my favorite author (I only have one)
Zoser chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Almost finished with The Drift - guess I should have waited til I finished.
After all this time I'd like to take the two of them and shake them, and gate them to a tropical planet for a month.
Aenigmatic chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Honestly, I feel absolutely conflicted about this even though it's understandably a tie-in or a backdrop to the SG-1 novel. You've certainly captured Sam's conflict very well, but in the wake of her realisation (which I do believe is momentous enough), the fact that she remains outwardly dishonest by keeping the status quo and by remaining in the relationship with Shanahan, sits none too well with me. Somehow I can't see the Sam I know doing that. I certainly love your writing, but it's hard to take.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
Hi Astra -

Are you going to add another chapter? Maybe one from Jack's POV? Would love to see how you resolve this through any episode tags... Really loved the story. And I did read The Drift and like how you did a follow-up. Thanks!
Anna chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
How great to have a new SJ fix from you after what seems like a long time! I have just been re-reading all your fics and enjoying them so much, you are still my top favourite writer on fanfiction so please keep writing!
LCBear chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
Nice tie-in. I,too,enjoyed 'The Drift'.
bluemoonmaverick chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
I've been meaning to download The Drift for some time now. I'll have to go do so immediately. Even without the full context, though, this was excellent. Thanks for sharing.
gater62 chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
Amazing! I'm so glad to see you writing SG1 again! Loved it!
mara-anni chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
Amazing, as always, Susannah. You've captured Sam's state of mind - her conflict - in regard to her feelings for Jack beautifully, as well as reminding us of the source of her confusion and hurt: Jack's misgiuided actions/behaviour through S7/8. I love the way you take us through her internal musings to a place that sets us up perfectly for her motivation in Affinity.

And can I just say how thrilled I was just to be able to read your writing again.