Reviews for Tales From 6th Year: Revelations in the Potions Classroom
Arrowman chapter 1 . 7/12
Loved it.
doc boy chapter 1 . 4/13
Lovely. Though I would have hoped that they would officially hook up, but I'll take that
TheThirdEye chapter 1 . 12/31/2016
Nicely done. Wish this was Canon.
WizardWriting chapter 1 . 8/17/2016
Hello chem prof,

After reading your story, I have to say that it moved somewhat too fast for me. I'm one who likes slow build-ups to relationships and all, but the story was still entertaining.
hhrforever chapter 1 . 5/5/2016
This should have happened! Great job!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/20/2016
Nicely done. Very realistic behavior for the characters.
Danielle596 chapter 1 . 1/31/2016
Rowling was never odvious because Ron originally wasn't supposed to live through the series and the original plan was Harry and Hermione. As she stated in a recent interview.
Danielle596 chapter 1 . 1/31/2016
In a recent interview with J.K. Rowling she openly admitted she messed up with the pairings. Her original plan was Ron was supposed to die. Mainly because of the relationship between the golden trio. She admitted to Listening to others opinions and wrote that instead of what she really wanted. Harry and Hermione were supposed to end up together. Hermione not only and calmly stood up to Harry's temper but never shyed away from it. Always stood by his side except in the last two books but even then she chose Harry over Ron. Hermione and Ron in a relationship Never would have worked. It would be toxic. Yes Ginny gave as good as she got when dealing with Harry's temper but that could have easily led to a physically abusive relationship. Two hot heads together don't work very well. Plus Ginny was in love with the Boy Who Lived and even stated that "I understand Harry, You will only be Happy chasing Voldemort." That is not what Harry wanted. Harry would be Happy only if Voldemort was gone and he could be a normal kid without having a deranged genius psycho megalomaniac trying to kill him all the time. Harry didnt want his fame or fortune he wanted his parents back and would have given it all up just to have his parents back even if only for a day. Hermione only saw him as Harry Potter her friend. Even Ron was jealous at every turn. With a friend like him who needs enemies? Every book shows Ron either jealous or scared of Harry. Mainly jealous. Once in awhile he could be a good friend. There was no evolution to Harry and Ginny UNTIL AFTER Molly Weasley's mentioned to the kids about how she had used love potions to snag Arthur when they were young and never advised against it. Is it so far of a stretch of the imagination that Ginny and Ron would think it was OK to do the same? Ron wanted fame and money, Dumbledor in the end admitted to raising Harry to be killed, Ginny has been read Harry Potter books since she could crawl, Molly wants one big happy Weasley family, not to mention all the other little discrepancies. Like Molly Weasley in the very first book at Kings Cross asking where the platform was and shouting about muggles in the middle of a muggle platform. Even though she sent 5 children to Hogwarts and now sending her Sixth child! How could she not know where the platform was? Then to possibly break the Statuet of Secrecy? Smells like a set up to me... But these are just things I have seen and or Read about.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/23/2016
You know, something I find endlessly entertaining is the hypocrisy shown by some fans of Hermione Granger. Especially by the fans of "Harmony Shipping." Ginny Weasley (who ended up with Harry, remember) is often called out by Harmony fans for doing things that these same fans turn a blind eye to when Hermione does it.

For example, Harmony fans often come down on Ginny for supposedly using Dean Thomas to make Harry jealous. First, at no time in Order of the Phoenix is Ginny's relationship with Dean ever treated as anything but genuine. Second, didn't Hermione attempt to do the very same thing to Ron by going out with Cormac McLaggen?

Oops!

in defense of the fans, I think part of the problem is that they are incorporating their love of the films with their love of the books. Let's be honest now. Emma Watson looks nothing like how Hermione Granger is described in the books, and she never behaved like Hermione behaved, either. Snape was too nice in the movies (and let's face it, Alan Rickman is far too charismatic). Ginny Weasley had just a handful of lines, and Daniel Radcliffe was too short.

To make things worse, Steve Kloves, the main scriptwriter for the films, kept stealing lines from Ron and Harry and gave them to his admitted favorite character: Hermione Granger. He's also admitted that he became convinced Harry and Hermione would end up together early, so wrote the scripts from that assumption - which is why Ginny and Harry's romance in the films seems to come out of fucking nowhere.

Speaking of Ginny and Harry's romance, despite the fact that Hermione often fans say otherwise, its entirely possible that Harry actually loved Ginny, and got to the point that he did love her without any coercion, tricks, or love potions involved. Ginny was, after all, the only one who stood up to Harry's notorious temper and gave back as good as she got (and earned Harry's respect in doing so). They shared interests, respected each other, and would be quite equal in a relationship. If nothing else, Harry would yell and scream and Ginny would yell and scream right back.

Compare that to Harry's relationship with Hermione, in which not only would Hermione browbeat Harry constantly, but she'd be terrified of his temper.

Rowling was amazingly obvious in which romantic pairings she was building up to. Ginny Weasley was a tomboy, a tough Action Girl. She had no time for bullshit. She wasn't a crier, a trait that Harry admired and a trait not possessed by Hermione Granger. Ginny would and could argue with Harry without belittling him, something Hermione Granger could not do. Whenever Harry was angry, remember, Hermione would step back in fear.

There is a point in each of the books in which Harry specifically takes note of Ginny's presence. And in Half-Blood Prince the two of them spent so much time together that he actually forgot she had other friends outside of his circle.

All of this should tell you something about the "Harmony" ship.
CCBottle chapter 1 . 7/8/2015
Somehow Hermione is more of a cunt in this than she was in the actual book.
LilithL2 chapter 1 . 5/8/2015
beautiful... i would like to see Harry more like this! ;)
persistent! ;) loved it!
congratulations!
D. Leveille chapter 1 . 2/24/2015
Yes, yes, that's exactly how it should have gone! Nice touch with Harry kissing a crying Hermione (I laughed when he joked about Cho) and yay, they are going to Slughorn's party together!
Jeb59 chapter 1 . 2/15/2015
Right!
bellasunderstudy1 chapter 1 . 1/10/2015
Thank you for sharing this story with us. I don't read a lot of one shots, but thought I'd give this one a try and I'm happy I did. I liked the way you wove pieces f I'm canon to make it fit with your telling. It's a much better outcome than Hermione winding up with Ron. Can't stand that in canon. Not that I don't like the Ron character I just have always felt that Harry and as the better match.
Thanks again!
corwyn chapter 1 . 11/19/2014
a lovely story, which i admit i like better than the original. thanks for sharing it