Reviews for Reaching for Eternity
Psykoakuma chapter 5 . 12/2/2015
YOSIHNO KYOUKO!
Yup, that had to be done. The intense relationship between Yoshino and Yuka is pretty sweet. I guess there's no more though.
Boberich chapter 5 . 12/14/2014
I really like this!

I liked how Yoshino handled her first confrontation with the super natural stuff. Any sane person should question their sanity in such a situation, but I don't see that too often in fiction. And of course she would ask all the right questions before making contract, unlike the cast of the original PMMM.

I thought she would meet a Magical Girl to get a 'feel' of the job, not trusting the incubator's information alone. That would be a very rational and sensible thing to do, and Yoshino strikes me as a rational, sensible person. I thought that was why she headed out in chapter 2, but that didn't happen and I don't understand why she didn't just stay at home. She could have met the incubator and contracted in her bed room.

Clarrise van Rossum is actually from the Netherlands, not Germany. TTS explicitly states that she is not German (she was annoyed for being confused for a German in WW2). The Dutch "van" should not be confused with German "von".

In the scene where Yoshino and Clarrise drink tea, I was a tiny bit confused that Yoshino appeared to be so dominant, and Clarrise so impressed. But unlike another commentator (Ramiel Salbazier) that was really unimportant for me.

I was thinking during the contract scene that Yuka might have the power to transfer soul gem corruption from Yoshino to herself. But what you did instead, with the mixing of the souls, is way cooler. The whole scene was really adorable.

If this is ever continued, I bet Makoto will become a magical girl...
Guest chapter 5 . 8/9/2014
Dunno minami ke but a pretty good read nonetheless
Fimbu1vetr chapter 5 . 11/27/2013
Not bad
MissGardenia chapter 5 . 6/15/2013
Yowch. Poor Mai. And poor Clarisse, that's a very interesting and self-sacrificing power. Does Yoshino know what she did, if she did what I think she did?
DayDreamer9 chapter 5 . 6/13/2013
Holy cow; wait-a-go, everybody! Take THAT, Aina XD

Hope that Mai will be okay. Wonder what this 'development' is?
DayDreamer9 chapter 4 . 5/4/2013
D'aaww! I love these two! I hope nothing bad happens to them.

We the readers finally know what Aina looks like and she's already playing rough. Whatever happened to Clarisse? Interested to see how this battle turns out!
Ramiel Salbazier chapter 4 . 5/4/2013
Okay, this is rather interesting initally and conceptually but honestly, I didn't like it. It just ...uh, watta heck with that scene with Yoshino and Clarisse!? She intimidated and made Clarisse van Rossum cries? I'm sorry, I just don't buy this. I know this is not yet TTS van Rossum but we are talking about the woman who managed to survive to old age through the harsh life of magical girl pre-MSY and hers was presumably harsh even for an MG ('killing fields of Europe' remember?). For goodness' sake, she even made HOMURA wary in TTS's latest chapter. And Yoshino's rebuke are not that good anywyay (or at least that how I got it). Clarisse response are even lousier. Her overall attitude was lousy, in fact. Bah, each and every canon PMMM girls has more spine that your Clarisse here.

The scene with Yuka and Yoshino after was sweet... but I can't enjoy after reading earlier part.

I'm sorry that if this end up looks like flame but I am just that upset with that scene.
MissGardenia chapter 4 . 5/4/2013
Yeah, you can really get a sense of what Clarisse must have been through in the years she grew up and how it must have scarred her. I can't blame her for thinking it's pointless and how she probably thinks Yoshino is going to fail/just get herself killed. Mind, hopefully she doesn't get stupid overconfident or anything.

And yeah just complete DAWWWWW the rest of the chapter. Interesting aesthetic for Yuka. Chinese dress and double hook swords is interesting. Did her hair get done up in buns as well?
Hieronym chapter 3 . 4/21/2013
I realized I should review/favorite this, since I rather like this spinoff, and by reviewing I sort of indirectly promote it. In any case, it's plausible, well-plotted so far, and has pretty good writing. Better descriptions than I do in places. That is my endorsement.
UNSecur chapter 3 . 4/18/2013
Oooh...
I Like this. I like it very much.
Guest chapter 3 . 4/17/2013
When I read about the unconcious girl my heart skipped a beat.
I'm incredibly excited about this story (that wish...)!
Why the heck isn't this incredible piece of writing more popular?!
I'll go promote it on my forum.
Guest chapter 2 . 4/17/2013
I love this and I don't know why...
The power dynamics of young girls perhaps?
The beautiful descriptions?
Who knows...
Guest chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
Very good start
MissGardenia chapter 3 . 4/13/2013
Snrk. Well, it appears my mentioning of Misawa was premature. Don't play with your food, Mikuru!

'Earl Grey' at the end, by the way.

(insert name-number joke about Ichibey here)