Reviews for You Are (Not) Shinji Ikari
Strikeman chapter 1 . 9/22/2014
Amazing story. Loved the role reversal in the end with Asuka choking Shinji.
Isabel Black chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
Hello, Hello, second fic of u I come across.
I think is funny that you said your characters are OOC, and I will tell you why, it's funny, because considering that Asuka's and Shinji's past is so similar in their tragedy, it could have gone either way for both characters, and it's actually very interesting to see things in reverse. I've always liked this one picture of the two of them that says "so different, and yet so equal" because they are, they are the same, they just hide under different mask. Shinji's in one of weakness, and Asuka's in one of narcissism. But on the inside, they are the same, just like u say, they are just as alone, they are just as used, and they are just as broken in pieces.
I adore this one shot. I think you are very talented, and bold too, daring to write Evangelion fic is getting into dangerous waters. And you do it very well, I will stop by your other fics. Hope to read you soon.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/18/2013
Another morning, another good fic from you. Maybe there's even more diamonds in all that backlog after all...

All I've got to say is: wow...that was one helluva role-reversal. Well-played, sir. Very well-played. I don't really read anything here as OOC (well, not much), it feels more...natural than most other confrontations those two could/would have. And it even ended up on a good, sweet note. Just the thing that was needed.

Most definitely going into the Favorites, this one.

And yes, Paradise Lost is terrific.
COBRASTEVE chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
They are OOC, but slightly and in the best way for them to be together and tell this story. Really good!
dreaper3450 chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
a great story to read and reread thank you for this wonderful story
BrokenChosenofEva chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
I loved the way things played out. I think you did well showing the various characters, and the change in behavior. An attempted suicide would, I imagine, change how a person acts and how the people around them act even if only for a short time.
While they are OoC, the initiating event was, I think, inside Shinji's personality if he was pushed far enough. I enjoyed the realization Asuka and Shinji had, and how it changed their attitude and interactions.

iAteAlice chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
I am COMPLETELY impressed with this story.
The role-reversal was well executed, and I really like the little tributes to EoE you inserted.
My only complaint is some of the older English words you used. Things like, "Shan't"
Otherwise, this is a fantastic story. And I really hope there's a sequel on the horizon.
Amsim chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
It was wayyyy better reading with the style changes of the text! I loved the little extra detail you added as well. Please continue writing eva stories. :')
Naduu chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Very nice story! Fresh and new, something that give us a confident Shinji but for a reason, a very valid reason I must add(a suicide attempt is not something to be taken lightly). To answer your question: Yes, I enjoyed a lot the fic and for that it's goes straight to my favorites!
Scribbler A chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
Nice work there! I felt that the ending was a bit rushed, probably my imagination though. Also, when I read, sometimes I realized that you ended up using the same word over and over again, but only at a specific part of the story, so no biggies...just that I can't really stand repeating. Other than that, the story is good and unique! So, keep up the good work!
-Scribbler A
Blitzstrahl chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
hmm Shinji had one more good Angst bullet left and he didnt use it lol, everyone did forget his birthday after all even his "friends" in the classic series
amitakartok chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
WAFF is always good.
Fujiyama chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
Great story. Very well written. Perfect ending. I enjoyed it very much.
KeepinItMunkd chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
This was a really great fic. Yes, the wnding was kind of a rush but still good. Only thing Ibthink you should change is the underlining, its quite annoying.

Two thumbs up!

Donderkind chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
Good. Very good. I liked the structure and the interactions very much. Intelligently written and didn't feel rushed at all to me. And the finish was just about perfect!
Well done, will check out more of your stuff after reading this gem!