Reviews for The Swan and the Nightingale
FaBbEr0oZ chapter 22 . 10/6
I think I may have an addiction to this story. Will you please update so that I do not end up in withdrawal?
Glad you didn't abandon this story, one of the few ones with an OC that so well written that she's as interseting as the main characters. Thank you.
TheSwedishMystery chapter 22 . 9/4
This is still awesome. Everyone are so well written. I hope you wuill find the time and energy to write more :)
Kate13118 chapter 22 . 8/14
JPElles chapter 22 . 8/14
I love it. But that being said the moment between Zelena, Cora, and Regina in the show in the underworld was beautiful. Adding Esmerelda to the mix. I could easily see Cora somehow erasing her memories too. Maybe with Rumple's help. God knows he's the man behind almost everything most of the time.
beaches13 chapter 22 . 8/12
This is a wonderful story even if Cora is her horrible self and the royals, sans Emma and Regina are being royal prats. I love Esmeralda and her relationship with Regina. I also liked Emma and Regina sharing and the little kiss was great. I can't wait for the next chapter b
SoFlaComet chapter 22 . 8/12
I just came across this and I'm enjoying the pacing of your story and the characterizations. I'm enjoying the changes in perspective and the "flashbacks". They are filling in the story nicely. I like the dynamic you've created between Regina and Esmeralda, very nicely done. I look forward to seeing how Regina progresses from here. It's an enjoyable story...this is known. Thank you for sharing.
mysterio-lady chapter 22 . 8/12
Love that Regina now has Esmeralda again... Someone to protect her again... Hopefully all will go well with Regina n Emma. Love this..
beaches13 chapter 13 . 8/11
You mentioned henry being a brat in the last chapter and while I whole heartedly agree, you forgot to include Snow and David. . lol I'm enjoyjing the story so far even if I wish you'd just give the brats a lobotomy at times.
DhampyrX2 chapter 22 . 8/11
Have to say Cora is taking a pretty high handed attitude here considering she literally removed her own heart to keep herself from running away with Rumple before her wedding. If anyone should understand being in love with someone other than your spouse, it's her.
BlueDogM chapter 22 . 8/10
I love this story so much I can't get enough!
Harley Quinn Davidson chapter 22 . 8/10
Love the story and can not wait for more.
ShadowAthems chapter 22 . 8/10
Aw, Regina seems to have liked the kiss quite a bit. Poor Esmeralda, having to sacrifice so much for the people dear to her. I hope Cora gets what she deserves. Nice chapter, can't wait to read the next one.
MiDushiNoSushi chapter 21 . 8/7
This is absolutely incredible. I love this fic. I love how you've dealt with some of the social issues of racism/ classism and integration, to issues of sovereignty and this fight between the old ways and the new ways. You've brought up issues of morality and you've given these characters more depth. I loved Esmeralda's back story (more in keeping with Hugo) and this nurturing relationship she has with Regina. But moreover, I love how you were able to relate that to Regina's relationship with Henry- and Emma was able to draw the connection herself and even validate it to some extent. This fic just keeps getting better and better with each chapter and I'm desperate to read more. I absolutely loathe the Henry of seasons one through three, ditto for the Charmings, but I can appreciate that some growth needs to happen. He's a spoiled kid who has to grow up. And Emma's a kid with abandonment issues who needs to do the same. I look forward to your next update.
Fluval66 chapter 21 . 8/5
Yes! Now we're getting to the good stuff! Not that everything before this hasn't been good. I've just been waiting for the SwanQueen to start.
I've enjoyed learning about Regina's childhood. I like the romance between Henry Sr. and Esmeralda. Nice twist.
I just discovered this story several weeks ago and am just now caught up. And thanks to your little smoochie cliffhanger, I'm going to impatiently await the next t chapter.