Reviews for Grudge
irma66 chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
This is a cute one. I like Lindsey getting another chance and doing things right. I do wonder about the wife but I really hope it's just someone new and definitely not Eve. Ugh. This woman needs to be REALLY good for Lindsey to have grown enough to not even be a little irked about Angel making poor Lorne shoot him after he tried helping them with the last Apocalypse.

Fun as usual.
Twinchy chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
Seriously, this is one marvellous "what-comes-after" story, cat! Easily one of the best I have ever read for this fandom. *adds roaring applause*

The two of them were so much like themselves while still maintaining a difference that came with time - although Angel surely didn't want to see it - that it was impossible for me not to hear them speak in my head and play out this scene.

Although I was always hoping for Lindsey to get his head straight at some point - and he obviously did try a couple of times - , I cannot really fault Angel for suspecting there wasn't much change going on in the first place, even ten years later. After all, the lawyer did stab him in the back more than once in their time "together" in LA.

The only thing that surprised me though - and no offence, please, your vision of how things would have worked out is awesome! - was that Lindsay wouldn't hold even the tiniest grudge against the vampire, who had ordered him killed in "Not Fade Away" pretty much behind his back to begin with when he had - more or less- honestly tried to help with the pending doom. Frankly, I probably would have expected Lindsey to throw a punch in retaliation in ways of greeting at the car and then declaring the score settled. Yet, I see why this action might have incensed Angel even further and maybe caused an entirely different turn of events.

Lindsey's little twin girls were such a superb idea! I loved them to bits and pieces, much like their old man, obviously. hehe
Angel is SO going nuts within half an hour while dining with the McDonald family. *evil laugh*

I would have given bonus points if you had revealed who Lindsey's wife was - *cough* maybe Eve *cough*. Sorry, I'm no shipper of any kind but those two were actually quite cute together IMHO and I really would have wished for them to have a happy ending - although that was out of the question with it being a Joss Whedon show. :-p

Long story short - as if, you might say now - , the dynamics between Angel and Lindsey really didn't change half as much as the lawyer's intentions and worked fabulously in this story!
The part alone where Angel resorted to choking Lindsey once again without much ado and the younger man didn't really put up that much of a struggle. With everything he has worked for and may now be actually proud of, there are some characteristics that will never change; and Lindsey's tendency to self-punishment of sorts is one of them - just like Angel is always there to provide it. For him, it's probably a way of dealing with his guilt and showing his regret.

On a short different note, right before I'm done "boring you needlessly with my ramblings", your reference to "It's a Wonderful Life" fit perfectly, hands down. :-D
Guest chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
If there's one thing I love, it's a "good Lindsey" story; I'm glad to see him working for good and happy with a family. Who's the wife?
Jesco123 chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
Time to catch least a little.

This is so...fitting. Okay, I'm a Lindsey fan, so letting Angel look like the douchebag he is always leaves me a very happy camper. Because yep, he (Angel) is an idiot and a moron and a self-righteous bastard. So yay for Lindsey not only turning his life around but also being given the chance to rub it in ;).

And the twins? Priceless!
(Woohoo for quoting one of my favorite movies!)
WaywardWhedonite chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
I was a but concerned with the Lindsey-bashing at the beginning, but I love the end with the two girls. Bravo
PurpleMoon3 chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Oh, oh wow. I love this, and I love white-picket-fence!Lidsey! With twins. And Angel having no clue how to deal with it. He just has so much difficulty wrapping his head around the concept of people changing, which is ironic, I think, considering how much *he* changes from Buffy S1 throughout AtS. But then, all his changes seem to coincinde with the activity his soul/non-soul status... perhaps that is what having a human soul does? It allows you to grow and change emotionally?
hope1iz chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
I like your ending so much better. LOL
spelerison chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
Great story!

It wasn't long before I was laughing, especially with the twins... and the comparison of angel and Clarence?

Icing on the cake:)
whovian42 chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
I almost felt sorry for Angel in that one!
Good for Lindsey, having gone on and made a good life for himself. And also good for him that he's still not above getting some amusement out of rubbing Angel's face in some hard facts!
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
Liked this.
Ultrawoman chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
Excellent! Properly excellent. Though I'll be honest, I didn't pay huge attention to the category and was expecting Lindsey to actually be Eliot and his wife to be Parker. Ooops? :P lol

Anyway, love that Lindsey has moved on and really showed Angel up for being petty by not holding a grudge when the vamp has. 10 years is a long time for a mortal, indeed it is, but when you're already 200, I guess its a very short time. Weird, I never thought about that before. You're so smart :)

The twins thinking Angel was a properl heavenly angel? Properly hilarious! Love it! Love it all!

You never cease to amaze me, my friend :)

mendenbar chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
Poor Angel. Ten years is nothing to him. And those twins look like they could do a number on anyone, much less a clue-less vampire.
LadyYashka chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
Lol! This was hilarious. I can't believe you wrote it.

I loved Lindsey's kids. You know Lindsey is going to encourage them to keep pestering Angel. He may have changed, but he'll always be just a little bit evil.