Reviews for I See Dreams Which Speak Truth
Rago Dragovian chapter 3 . 8/7
I absolutely loved this fanfic. It was mesmerizing and the placement of past and future events kept it captivating from beginning to end.

The slow changes in both their personalities; the overall character flaws of both Harriet and Tom were so realistic. The fall into their intoxicating, gothic romance was so realistically and splendidly written that I'm left in complete awe of your story. The desire, the greed; how she wants to make him seen as only hers and he wants to mark her as only his. The description of their motives for carnal pleasure is so shockingly realistic.

The first chapter is completely brilliant by itself, even if it were a mere stand-alone. Tom's carelessness, his unique behavior on greed and lust, and Harriet's noble nature, her views on right and wrong; and how, when they just spend time together without the labels and mindgames, they fall for each other because of the likenesses and differences. I particularly like how this fanfic subtly criticizes the Dumbledore of the books; by pointing out that Dumbledore, for all his wit and wisdom, only saw Tom for what he wanted Tom to be. Tom seems to understand this from his talks with Harriet and points it out.

The second chapter is just as incredible as the first. Tom points out his views in honest clarity such as with the cupboard scene; he also honestly tells Harriet that viewing him and Voldemort as separate people is misguided and that he doesn't feel guilt for his actions. She has to understand this. Harriet understands that she knows better and was trying to fool herself for a brief few moments before undertaking the full weight of having a relationship with her parents murderer. Harriet takes it into account, thinks it over, and chooses Tom. Dumbledore is, of course, dismayed and begins to regard Harriet's decisions more seriously than his initial cheery self because he expected Harriet to be more akin to him and "learn from her mistakes" but Harriet rebuffs this and points out that she isn't his clone and Tom isn't Grindlewald and his expectations aren't fair, nor is she obligated to live for them. That, in an of itself, made me love that chapter because far too often there's a nonsensical good vs evil dynamic in which the hero soberingly learns some religious lesson about good and evil, but I have always been dismayed by such stupid presentations because first and foremost, it means a character needs to be an archetype and not grow as a person, and second it means there are clear so-called right and wrong decisions that are followed by total obedience and no independent thought on forming one's own views. Your fanfic totally blows this away, completely destroys the illusion of good versus evil for what it is. On that note, I am curious as to what Severus said to Harriet, but it can be guessed because of his feelings for Lily and how he sacrificed everything to protect a girl who fell in love with her mother's murderer and who Severus was in danger of being killed by for his betrayal. I can see how it would completely shatter his world and make him feel like his entire life was worthless. Harriet's views that a true parent would understand and forgive are interesting, but in all honestly, can she really be tied down to people that she never knew?

The third chapter; everything about your presentation of war from the soldier movements using magic, to the political powerplays and false flag operations, to the craziness and genius of Voldemort's schemes, to Adult Harriet's views on torture and mass killings of soldiers needing to be accepted as a concession by all soldiers when taking up the uniform, to the realism of rebellion once shifting power alliances were formed upon Dumbledore's death, to the intricacies of Voldemort and Harriet's relationship. I absolutely loved the Death and Goddess of War motifs. I loved the idea of them hooking up from an adrenaline rush after being bathed in blood. It was such amazing writing. As a political scientist, I am absolutely floored by how realistic you made the political situation of what Voldemort did and I absolutely love and respect you as a writer for taking the time to make such a stunning plot for chapter 3. Thank you! Thank you for taking the time to think over real politics and create a realistic political situation that shows brilliance on the part of Voldemort. Harriet's anger over the whole slew of events, her subtle change of words used to address her husband from Tom to Voldemort, and her desire to make political changes of her own without his knowledge . . . honestly? in retrospect, I can see that being Tom's plan as well because Harriet wasn't paying much attention to it. He got a mature army, which is acknowledged by Harriet herself when she was fighting against Belgian soldiers, and as Sirius mentioned, orchestrated a brilliant false-flag operation that got Voldemort key control of large swathes of Europe's money system to take a firmer hold on Europe. And the move was necessary, the false flag that killed Harriet's soldiers was necessary, because he needed a sense of legitimacy among the people of Magical Britain and the rest of the Magical Wizarding world, because otherwise France, Germany, Belgium itself, and many other European and possibly other foreign countries would consistently try to remove him and Harriet from power. If anything, he did protect his own family with that brilliant maneuver too. Always with a surprise, and Harriet with her moral objections, showing that the two are more mature versions of their 6th year selves.

I absolutely loved this fanfic. You're an amazing writer. I wish for you the best on whatever you choose to do in life. This is in my view the best FemHarry/Tom fanfic ever written. I doubt anything can compare to the brilliance of your writing.
Rago Dragovian chapter 1 . 8/6
I don't see your Harriet as a mary sue at all. I'm quite liking this fanfic so far.
petite franaise chapter 3 . 8/3
I loved this fic! The best fem Harry/Tom i've ever read! You're a fantastic author!
Espied7 chapter 3 . 5/28
Delightfully complex. I hope you write more!
Espied7 chapter 2 . 5/28
Nice parallels between relationships.
Espied7 chapter 1 . 5/28
I like your take on fem Harry. Great premise.
luna chapter 1 . 5/23
Love it.
DragonFire Princess chapter 3 . 1/13
WOW!
TheOtherEvilTwin chapter 3 . 6/21/2015
Great story! Scene changes were a bit abrupt, and the ending seemed kind of sudden, but I can see how the story would have progressed from that resolution.
sailormoonserenity99 chapter 3 . 4/23/2015
Great story. I couldn't stop reading until I finished.
nobodez chapter 1 . 3/10/2015
An interesting premise, though I'd recommend some section dividers, as you very abruptly transition form one scene to another with almost no context. It might also help to have some sort of thoughts from Harriet about how much time she had spent in the past as that section of the story progresses, allowing the reader to get a feel for how her situation is dictating her change in attitude.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/30/2015
This well written chapters was something to behold. Although you have failed to clear out some certain events that may give more readers prodding to read with jitters of excitement and not a, 'Wonderful but confusing chapter' which could be the slogan for each part of this marvel.

No, I am not a grammar nazi as they are annoying flamers that will continue to no end until they pull out a spazzing reaction from you— the idealistic writer, but I'd rather call myself 'Anonimous Filcher' but that gives too much fancy ring to it. You're story is incredible, but the fluff and tingling lime I'm sure will appear each savored scroll I take and I certainly would name this awestrucking fanfiction the 'Flippant LoveyDovey' as I believe Tom Riddle would show struggles to falling victim to fickle feelings.

But I must say, you brought curiosity to us whilst each events unfolded albeit the lack of details we can still hang on to your concept with, of course, great will to try and understand each moment.
Lady Hallen chapter 3 . 1/13/2015
This story lacks something. Like a conflict of emotions. No teenager is that self-assured. Harriet should have been confused because it was only 15 minutes for her or something and 50 years for Tom. The change he underwent in all those years should have caused a rift between the both of them that you could have used as another conflict, experience or time problems... No realism. That's it.

Hallen.
10th Squad 3rd Seat chapter 3 . 10/3/2014
Just like what she spoke to him in the past...
10th Squad 3rd Seat chapter 2 . 10/2/2014