Reviews for Beyond the Brink
Lomesa chapter 44 . 5/10
Thank you so much for this great series! It was truly a treat to find quality fic for such a niche pairing.

The way you portrayed a sense of intimacy between a giant robot and a human worked surprisingly well. The little gestures were great and I felt like the the relationship progressed very naturally. I'm also impressed by the way you handled the major ideological difference between Starsceam and Alexis and how they manage to work together despite of this. For many of these hero/ villian romances this is a major pitfall where things become unbelievable, but you've managed to escape that with great success.

Since I've been reading this, I've also started reading some wiki articles and watching the movies, as watching a bit of Armada. You have a very palatable mix of the lore. British Alexis also added a lot of flavour to your story and really made her world come alive.

As for that cliffhanger you left us with...

I feel kind of evil for saying this, but I kind of hope Cybertron gets destroyed. Partly because I want to see Starsceam fail (I know he does fail repeatedly and epically in the various series and this fic kind of gives him a chance to win... but...) because he's just so powerful in this. Even as a human things went all to well for him (and a dozen other things). In this (probably final?) story I want to see him brought to his knees, I want to see him lose everything he has worked and fought to obtain for millennia, I want him to become human... And get back up and find happiness despite being a weak little bag of flesh. At least he has plenty of money to smooth his path.

But that's just me. And this is your story to write and whatever it might be, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Thanks again for they many hours of entertainment you have provided me. It was a blast.
Francesca Zatnik chapter 44 . 5/5
Hi there!

Last time I read through this series Alexis was still Starscream's slave on Earth ... I think it was about the time we first met the Autobots.

It's come a looong way since then.
Devaedra chapter 44 . 2/16
Very nice plot and character development. I've have finally gone through all of the previous installments in this series and I have to say, you are an amazing and very talented writer. Your plot progression from the very beginning of your first story is unmatched. All details are gracefully placed with no effort and as such the reader (myself especially) could not distinguish them from mere filler or if they have a deeper meaning in the story. This creates a sense of awe and that lovely "oh yeah!" feeling when we are referenced back to previous information. For example, I love the spark fusing with the blaster that turned out to serve a purpose with Alexis, I actually forgot somewhat that that happened with all the chaos going on!

Great author. Great read. Great stuff. I hope everything is well on your end! Cheers!

-Lady Devaedra
Onileo chapter 44 . 2/5
I'm so glad you picked this story back up. I hadn't realized how many chapters behind I was until I started backtracking to the last scene I remembered. (Where Starscream shoots Alexis) And wow, what a development in the plot. You're doing fantastic. This still ranks as my absolute favorite Transformers fanfic series. :)
EmpressDragonfly chapter 44 . 1/28
Holy Crap... This is amazing and I can't wait for the next chapter.
SweetestChick chapter 44 . 1/23
Huh. That cyclops mech was a special one after all. And he helped Alexis and the gang. Wow Alexis is gonna do THAT with Screamer? Talk about bold lol.

Thanks for updating!
ObsidianPhantom chapter 44 . 1/22
I am... speechless. I am so far PAST speechless... I don't even... I- HOW do I articulate what I'm feeling right now? I don't know, I don't know!

Dear LORD! I have SO many questions. I feel like I caught a glimpse into the workings of the universe, something so far beyond my understanding, my grasp, but I try to understand it anyway.

Was that Primus?

Holy. Fucking. Shit!

I don't know what to write! I'm floundering.

And... GOD! THE ENDING! &%&$#%$#! *Screams into pillow like a banshee*

I have no clue what's going on! I have an inkling, but... but... Jesus!

Starscream... Alexis... Barn... NAKED!

My poor brain... I think you killed my brain...

*GASP* They FINALLY kissed!

And... And... *Blushes*

Did they? Or am I just being a wishful gutterbrain?

Dear God, my imagination won't SHUT UP!

The ending... I swear to God and every flippin' God out there you need a reward just for writing that ending! I stopped breathing.

Hell, I don't know how you pulled it off, but it came off as intimate without really being intimate. Does that make sense? Maybe it was the music I was listening to at the time, but fucking hell it was sexy!

I'm guessing Alexis asked for one night with Starscream? Hey, if you're in a situation where you think you're going to die, I'd so take a night with Starscream too. Fuck yes, I would! Lol!

These two chapters, hell, any chapter from you is well worth the wait in between. I don't care how long it takes you, I will patiently wait until you finish this story.

It's utterly worth it.

Thank you for updating! Thank you so so much! You're amazing! Fucking brilliant for writing this!

P.s. I WANT SPARKLINGS FROM THOSE TWO! LMAO! Can you imagine Starscream as a DAD! *Cackles wildly*
ObsidianPhantom chapter 43 . 1/22
Okay... Breathe... Breathe. I need to BREATHE! Holy fucking fuck! That was... I'm speechless, my skin is vibrating, and I can feel my heart pounding in my ears.

Holy. Fuuuuuuck! That was intense!

NOOOOO! ALEXIS! God, my HEART stopped!

Bravo for still having the prowess to scare the shit outta me with just a few stunning paragraphs! Bravo! Oh. My. God. This chapter is making me hyperventilate! I swear! You're going to KILL me one of these days!

But that's why I fucking LOVE this series!

I cannot begin to tell you how ecstatic I am to see an update from you. To see you still pushing forward for this story! I admit if I were in your shoes I never would have had the perseverance and motivation to get through three awesome, utterly badass stories while tackling a fourth. I just don't have that type of diligence, you could say.

Reason why I'm so in awe over these stories. You're still updating, still going strong! I AM SO ROOTING FOR YOU AUTHOR! *Fist pumps*
sakurawriter chapter 44 . 1/22
So um w o w. Two short chapters and what a cliffhanger. The moment we've all been waiting for. So cruel. ;)
Hm, hm, hmmm. So after their interlude, are they going to even remember it? Or will only Alexis remember? Or if they do both remember would SS be mech enough to admit it and that he enjoyed it? Wouldn't that be interesting.
I still say she will go back to her human self. Just because she still has her father and her best friend Sari. Although, I sense that Sari will be a transformer soon if not one already and off with Bumblebee. :3 and we all want to hear details on that matter.
If you have Alexis getting back with Jamie or attempting to...I don't see it working to well. For one she has that Decepticon mark on her and once he sees it, he won't like it and probably will tell her to remove it. And I can't see Alexis being too happy about that suggestion. Another reason, he probably wouldn't like her being whisked away with the Decepticons all the time. Would she be able to say no to hanging out with the 'Cons? Doubt it. :)
Oh yeah, what happened to Megatron? Is he still stuck with Unicron?
Thank you for update. I was very excited to see the alert in my inbox. I hope you are able to write more. It would be fun to see more tension with the human/bot relationship. Take care.
Hey. I just wanted to say I've been reading for years and I would love to follow you on tumblr of you do that sort of thing.

I love your work and I admire your tenacity.

-brokenjaw
Cyphercat chapter 44 . 1/22
whoa
adelphe24 chapter 44 . 1/22
Primus?
Eli chapter 42 . 1/15
Organism tend to change, adapt and evolve, so why not SS and Alexis (along with the others with them)? Why does Alexis have to pick between being human or a transformer, why not both? The team has gone through a lot (both physically and mentally), why not make being able to change between human and transformer a side effect of being in Unicron? It would make an interesting story on how SS and the others would cope with being able to turn human in real life, and how it would affect both SS's control over Cybertron (discontent among ranks and plots) and how Alexis interacts with other humans back on earth (fear, disgust, others might try and experiment on her).

Plus it would also further SS and Alexis's relationship; like others have said, Alexis will most likely go back to being human (even is she likes being a Transformer), but what if the choice was taken from her? How would she fit in, now that she's neither human nor full Transformer, and Decepticon at that? Would she lose some of her humanity, while SS gains some...insight.

I also agree that a lovey dovey relationship between them would just be weird, but one of mutual respect, desire (SS seems like he would be a lustful human when not in a life or death situation), care and need would be more up their alley. It's clear that he wants her and is possessive, so much so that he went through great lengths to make her a Transformer to have as a true consort and that he sees her as Alexis, not the human who is Alexis. I would love to see SS compete against Jamie for Alexis's affection(with all his arrogance XD).

Also could bring a lot new questions like; are they able to reproduce? would their offspring have the same affliction? Are they a new species planned by Primus or the Allspark or whatever other deity? While having both side's strengths, do they also have their weaknesses? Does it bring new ones? Will earth face a poptart extinction thanks to Skywarp? Will Lucy ever get Frenzy's letter? So much potential!

But I'd be happy with just having this story finished, hope you are able to update soon!

Thank you for the hard work.
xenocupcake chapter 42 . 1/5
I stayed up to 5 am for this AWESOME STORY
sakurawriter chapter 42 . 12/28/2016
Wow, what a rush. I've read this all day. A very excellent story. How are they going to defeat unicorn...and who is the mystery mech/spark that never dies...Primus?

I love the complexity and dynamics between SS and Alexis. Good job!

And after all is said and done with SS and Alexis prevailing in the end...I see her returning to her human state...which could make another story...ooh.

Thank you for sharing. I'm eager for more.