Reviews for Desperate to Falter
Me chapter 13 . 12/28/2013
Thank You.
GloomyKanon chapter 13 . 11/20/2013
Wow. Seriously, wow.

Honestly, I hated it when Romano die, but I loved it too ! It was brilliant and I almost cry ;; When Spain find Romano's body, and the one when they communicate through death... brilliant, really.

I'm so sad that Italy is the "bad guy", but in the same time is very rare. Somehow, the fangirl in me was like, "Whaaaat ?! Noooooo !" ( and, OK, something like "HOW DARE YOU DOING THAT TO SPAIN TT"), but the (hopefully) futur writer in me was totally contented. So you shaked me. In a good way. Thank you very much for that.

The part with the ghost manifestion really inspired me for my futur novel. I have a story with a ghos, and almost all the details in mind since the beginning, but I think I'm going to include a scene like this. Desesperate, and in the same time so relieving for the still living one.

I'm sorry I can't tell you all the things that went through me during my reading. I'm french aaaand I'm lacking of vocabulary and expression when it become too intense xD (I'm very sorry for all my grammar/other stuff mistakes. Really)

Let me finish in my beloved mother tongue : Merci d'avoir écrit cette histoire.

Now I'm going to cuddle in a corner and cry for Romano and Spain xD (And thanks for the FrUk **)

Let me finish in my beloved mother tongue : Merci d'avoir écrit cette histoire.

broshipFanatic chapter 13 . 7/30/2013
I like this a lot. It's really nice how you can make the parts go from somewhat lighthearted to straight-out angst. I probably did cry reading this. I like how it's both sweet and angsty and the way it went along their timeline was lovely. Your grammar is also really good.
I'd advise putting up a warning either in the first chapter or the summary that there'll be definite character death.
KirishimaYui chapter 13 . 6/26/2013
Man... I haven't reviewed in a long time. And now, since summer vacation started recently, I can finally resume the many stories that I need to comment on. YEAH! ... ANYWAY!

I already have a list to go by, but ever since I followed this story I've been on the edge of my seat for chapter updates! I had to review this first.

To be honest, I was very reluctant to continue reading after the first chapter since it already ends with him dead. However, the thing that urged me to continue is the amount of chapters already put into it that led me to my curiosity: "If one of the main characters was already dead, how would the story go on?"

Your writing style did not help my curiosity either haha! The way you went about the story was very creative. Yes, I have seen stories that have the similar idea of the spirit still being there once they've passed on, but I've never seen anyone go into detail like the way you wrote. I could imagine the situation perfectly! So I'd like to that you for that. n_n

I seriously felt the emotion. To have killed himself in such a still-confused state filled with despair... Anyone would have felt that the fiery Italian we know and love was already gone before he had even done it.

I really liked how you slowly made him see his past until the present situation. With that, to the addition of him seeing everything but cannot do much with his current state, it made each chapter extremely powerful.

Sheesh... The tension was so thick that I could easily cut it with a knife! There was other (extremely few) stories that made Feliciano the bad guy, but whoa... That was brutal, unforgivable! Such a twist! I gaped when I read that part:

"You... You a-hole (please excuse my foul language haha)! He loved you and trusted you! Even if he wasn't the best person out there, he was your brother! At least he backed you up (even if he probably did not show it)! "

When I read how hard Antonio had taken his death, my gosh, I wanted to cry. I really did. Like, ball-out, waterfall tears kind of crying. I was kinda mad that I did not. (I DID tear up though!) But the heaviness in my chest was still there, and it would linger for a while even after I finished reading a chapter. It's too heart-breaking!

And when the suspense was switched on "high", I literally forgot I was holding my breath. It was bittersweet when Lovino finally made contact with Antonio. To bad the situation had to be under such circumstances. I literally kept "yell-whispering" (it tend to read PRETTY late n_n") to my ancient, beat-up Ipod:

"Just grab it and GO! Feliciano can come back any second!"

Funny how I saw that coming, but the tension never left! I cannot believe that Antonio made that excuse up very quick! But, it really wasn't a partially an excuse , huh? I felt really bad for him in this chapter. To just blow up all that kept-in steam at once. How could Feliciano have done something so selfish? And he didn't even think twice about helping his brother! Not even him alone, everyone already put the blame on Lovino. Man, tough crowd.

Let's put a rainbow over things, shall we? I know I was hoping for a happy ending (I usually always hope for one), and that was pretty foolish of me since there is obviously under angst haha! (I don't know why I do that XD!) But, the ending did not disappoint me! Again, it was a very powerful, bittersweet moment. A perfect way to top it all off! Usually, in most of the stories I've read, authors lack a very well structured ending, but you did a fantastic job!

You also kept their personality. You didn't let the mood of the story that that away, and that also caught my attention! Lovino's humor was all there haha!

Like I do with all the other stories I've read, I have a bad habit of looking for mistakes (sorry!); however, I actually didn't spot any! The story line itself distracted me from doing so throughout the chapters! So I really appreciate you doing that n_n!

I also took this story in a personal way. Trusting others fully is not one of my strong points; It actually scares me hehe. So when I read the part about Feliciano's betrayal and how Lovino was treated before he killed himself, I had mixed feelings.

That was until I read the ending of the last chapter. Like the ways of Persona 4, I know that those faults are due to myself, but it takes a while to acknowledge it... I loved the way you used those last two lines because of the meaning of Lovino's name and the usage of the title of the story.

WHOA, I thought I said I was going to put a rainbow over things! I apologize! This was pretty long to read too, huh? I'm also sorry about that! I tend to ramble a lot and I can't help it haha! It helps me realize more things (not that it matters anyway).

Overall! Thank you for this amazing story! n_n I look forward to other updates regarding to your other stories! Please, keep up the great work!
taitoluv chapter 13 . 6/26/2013
Wow. Just wow.

I am heartbroken, crushed by feels, but oh so satisfied.
This story is totally worth staying up till the sun comes out to finish.

I love how you shaped the characters.
The Italy in this story made me disappointed, angry, all the feels. Perhaps this is the true terror behind cowardice. He has pushed his brother under the bus to save him from the frightening experience, but, in the end, he will probably be the one who is most tortured by it, knowing that he has lost the trust of the world and probably some of his closest people, including his brother. I have never wanted to slap him more than I did during the final chapter. Good thing Spain helped in that aspect.
Francis was such a good friend. The rational voice. You have portrayed him exactly the way he should be; not a rapist and weak link, but the reasonable, calm voice that anchors the friendship of the trio.
England and America, wow, I know there's so much more to the Allies, but they are key in this story, aren't they? The way they were affected by the skyrocketing patriotism, the way England sniped and sneered and refused to apologize, the way America chased for true justice-and thus, got crushed by the truth in the end-is just spot on. Well done.

And Spain and Romano, oh, oh my god, the way they love each other so much, the way Romano was crushed by both the emotions and his feeling of being unable to match up to Spain, and the way Spain stayed loyal, even when the world hated Romano, even when his country refused to help in the war, just, just...

Take my tears and money and make more of this good stuff! Please... *sob*

Thank you for writing this. Thank you.
Shiikun chapter 13 . 6/26/2013
The tears!
Ahh this is why I follow your stories, making me feel things that shouldn't be felt 3
HandMTomatoes chapter 13 . 6/25/2013
Oh my God, I feel like crying because this is over D':

It's such a beautiful fic, and I really do love it :') Thank you.

Jillion Tealleaf chapter 12 . 6/21/2013
This is really good! I can't wait for more!
Mighty Agamemnon chapter 12 . 6/12/2013
Well, at least Spain finally found the folder. (Oh and it's a bit strange going back and forth between human and country names...I mean, if it's not a human AU, Spain NEVER calls Romano that cliched and fan created "Lovi" stuff so it's bit annoying to see that every freaking fic! Sorry...it's not just you...it just gets frustrating and predictable when everyone does it yet it's not even in the canon :/) but your writing style is really good! And I can't wait to see where this goes and the countries' reactions to N. Italy.
Mighty Agamemnon chapter 11 . 6/12/2013
This was...wow. Really heartbreaking. I mean, I guess it really speaks to how much Spain loved Romano if Italy bombed Spain and yet Spain actually still cared if Romano lived or died. But...there comes a time when a "love" like that stops being love and starts being self- destructive. It isn't love if it includes abuse, war, insults, etc. You don't treat the person/country you love like that. And maybe in that sense Romano committing suicide and forcing Spain to move on is the best thing he could've done. :(
Mighty Agamemnon chapter 10 . 6/12/2013
Awwww...Spain loves Romano so much! But yeah...you made them both so realistic! And yet...I can never bring myself to like Romano or even understand him (fic or anime) because he literally pushes everyone away but then complains and whines that everyone hates him. Ugh. Make up your damn mind, Romano!
HandMTomatoes chapter 12 . 6/12/2013
Believe 'Toni! Just believe! \\(o)/

Lol, Germany XD

I love the way you're continuing this fic in this sort of way :D I can't wait for the next update! :D

Shiikun chapter 11 . 6/11/2013
THE FEELS!
My heart is breaking in millions of pieces! ;A;
Your writing is amazing! Continue please
ShiroiNami45 chapter 11 . 6/10/2013
You should know that you are amazing!
These last two chapters were just as awesome as the previous ones, and I loved them.
By the way I loved that last scene with Antonio holding Lovi. It was just heart-wrenching.
HandMTomatoes chapter 11 . 6/10/2013
QAQ THE FEELS! TTTT

The moment we had all been waiting for! I seriously think I'm about to cry! Gosh, that was such a heartwrenching moment; especially the last line! This couldn't have been written any better!