Reviews for Yippee-ki-yay, Cerberus!
morjackdan chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
Thank you for the fun read the only thing missing is baily had his shoes on lol anyway I enjoyed it
samuraikakashi56 chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
Loved the short! I recognize a decent portion of the story from Keelah Se'lai, but there's enough original content to make it worth the read.
Bob the Elcor chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
With amusement, poor Bailey, finally gets a chance to get out from behind the desk and ends up getting stuck with getting stuck behind a desk. Really nice funny chapter.
Writingnoob101 chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
Good prelude to Citadel Coup. And funny joke about the woman. I know you are Talimancer but Tali is too awesome and make the story unrealistic. Anyway I love you one-shot
Maya Aodhan chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
I like the fast paced action without the long pauses for description. It keeps things moving. There are some editing errors, but they are very minor and not a big distraction. I like the Tali in this iteration, confident and competent. I can hear Bailey's voice in my head too - that retired John McClane who still has some badassery left.

Oh. And I would love to see turian interpretive dance.
TheAztec chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
This is good, maybe you could expand it into a mini-series (like a day in the life of a C-Sec Officer or something) it could be great for some comedy too because Bailey is occasionally quite funny in the game.
shahanshah chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
You're still making some of the mistakes that I mentioned in my previous review, but I don't particularly feel like abusing equine corpses, so the matter's gonna stand.

Focusing on the story itself...

I thought I knew how the ME universe worked, so I'm pretty confused. I have no idea when in the timeline of the games this fits in. I guess it has to do with it tying in with your other story, which I haven't read, but that's okay.

I think characters "being awesome" for more than short scenes is boring. The rationale is as follows: we like seeing the process of character development, while the end result has no progress or struggle entailed in it. That's why the character-changing epiphanies in books are near the end-so that the reader gets most of the book to focus on the character development, and the conclusion is succinct enough to not interfere with the story.

That's not to say that hyper-competent, badass characters are a bad thing. This is not the case. If they are the main focus of the story, badasses are fine so long as there's sufficient internal conflict to drive the story.

So what I'm saying is, when you dedicate 3k words to a character being awesome, sure it's fun, and this story was fun, but...it's not necessarily good character development.

If this is what this is supposed to be. I'm not sure.

3k words dedicated to showcasing a character should have some sort of internal conflict going on, and I sure don't see any here. Not all of a character's obstacles should be physical enemies. Instead, what problems do they face inside their head? Do they have doubts, weaknesses, flaws...do they not fit in with the world around them, the people around them...do they have unrequited wants...

Well thought-out problems make interesting characters that make interesting stories.
wanako chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
Dude! This better be part of your story later on. Tali is one badass mutha...
atsik101 chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
This is one of the most famous movie quotes of all time.
Bruce Willis' "Well if that's the way it's gonna be, Yippie-ki-yay, Motherfucker!" from Die Hard 1-4
CyanB chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
Kick ass awesome.
Rockycombo chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
Bailey's not quite as badass as Bruce Willis, but he did good. Also, Lamentations! Which came first, Keelah or your/not your SI? Can't wait to see how he and Joker play out in Keelah :D

Also, hell yes Kelly. The pink crusade!
thebluninja chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
Yeah! Go Bruce Bailey! I love his utter confusion about who Tali is, and I can only imagine the utter panic going around as geth and Cerberus start clashing in the corridors.