Reviews for The Long Road Ahead
Lily chapter 17 . 11/11/2013
wow i just discovered this story it's amaizing tessa is my favourite charcter from fmp thank you for this lovely story can't wait for the next xhapter
Jl57 chapter 17 . 11/2/2013
Great story! can't wait for the next chapter!
callofduty1944 chapter 17 . 10/29/2013
This story is hitting a high point and it doesn't get the attention that it deserves. This is getting good, no doubt about if
Uruz 11 chapter 17 . 10/29/2013
Once again, great chapter! Although the mission has only just begun, I'm happy that David is finally reunited with his little sister again, maybe the rest of Mithril will eventually feel sorry for him and understand why he was forced to do all that he did which was necessary in order to rescue her from the Collective. I have an uneasy feeling that this first part of the mission was a little too easy, though its easier to break in than it is to break out now that the alarm has been sounded, I can't help but wonder if the Collective let David and the Mithril operatives walk in so that they could achieve an unknown goal of higher importance if that sounds possible to you.

I'm glad that Tessa let Kaname keep her company on the bridge so that they could watch and listen as events on the island play out, they might be needed to assist them if something goes horribly wrong like how the Yangzee Tunnel Incident went in FMP. The Second Raid, they are both Whispered after all too. You did a great job of writing out the mission sequences with when the soldiers were sneaking around during their infiltration of the base and also when the shooting actions occurred a short while later, I enjoyed every moment of it, keep up the awesome story my friend!
Uruz 11 chapter 16 . 10/28/2013
I'm happy that Commander Mardukas managed to straighten everything out enough with the council so Tessa was spared a severe punishment, having her own ship the Tuatha de Danaan taken away from her would have been unbearable. It was humourous and somewhat heartwarming when Tessa gave Commander Mardukas a hug to show her appreciation even though such a response isn't what one would expect from a Mithril officer, but Tessa's still a sixteen year old girl so everyone should cut her a break.

Glad that David has been let off the hook as well, though it will take some time until the whole crew will fully trust him again after what occurred a while ago. Having Kaname and Tessa chit chat was nice and then hearing about Mithril preparing for a combat mission was a great way to build up excitement for later on, ending it with Tessa asking David to come back to her safe and sound was a cute little moment, I wonder if Melissa and Kurz overheard that last remark (laughing). The combat mission sounds great! I can't wait for it!
callofduty1944 chapter 16 . 10/27/2013
I'm so glad that I favorited/set an alert for this story. Other than some minor grammar flubs, this story has me on the edge of my seat. It's finally time to see how it will all go down!
Uruz 11 chapter 15 . 10/24/2013
This was a very enjoyable chapter, I'm glad that Tessa and David got to spend a short time dancing together, pity that their night was spoiled at the end once all those soldiers from Mithril arrived to catch them. Sousuke, Kaname, Kurz and Melissa had their night of partying spoiled too, oh well; it was fun while it lasted. I especially liked how the feelings of both Tessa and David flowed out as they held each other tenderly while on the dance floor, despite all the hardships and painful memories that they've had to endure thus far, they were able to find solace together and even found themselves drawn to one another as well which was also nice to read about. I have to admit, I am worried for both of them along with the others now that all of them have been caught, I sincerely hope that the officers of Mithril's high command doesn't act too harshly towards them for their actions. I'm looking forward to what happens later on so keep the great story going!
Sara321 chapter 1 . 10/13/2013
This has to be one of the best Full Metal Panic FanFictions out there to date...I'm simply blown away by the quality of this story. You're really keeping it focus and on track, Tessa and David have me locked into this story. Whether their relationship develops romantically or not is still up in the air. It's like you're hanging it there, keeping it just out of reach. I bet we will find out once the certain issue in the story is resolved. (Spoiler free review). Finally, all your events are creative from start to finish and I can really tell that you've put some serious thought into everything from setting to certain feelings for each chapter. Wow. Keep this up.
Uruz 11 chapter 14 . 8/18/2013
Very good chapter, I felt sorry for Tessa though, she's under so much stress with having so many things on her mind, hopefully she'll be able to relax after sharing a dance or two with David in the next chapter now that they've found each other. Kurz and Melissa, those two really know how to tease our favourite female Captain, luckily Kaname and Sousuke are there to support her in case those two subbordinates get out of line, and Kurz really needs to watch himself or else Melissa is going to bust him up sooner or later either tonight or during their next mission.

The suspense is really getting to me even though its helping the story move along, Tessa and the others are officially acting in their own interests outside of Mithril which means they run the risk of becoming fugitives, not to mention the fact that they still don't know whether or not they can fully trust David yet because of his bretrayel due to being blackmailed and manipulated by the Collective. Its as if Tessa and company are walking down the same path as David which could inevitably result in making enemies from both Mithril and the Collective, putting their lives in greater danger and leaving them with fewer options to stay alive until this crisis is resolved, no matter how long it takes or what the final outcome might be. Keep up the good work!
Uruz 11 chapter 13 . 6/14/2013
WOW! What a chapter! Everyone thinks they're tracking down a lone target when one of them, namely Tessa, becomes targetted and tracked down which explains the mysterious enevelope with those five invitations to the highclass fancy nightclub. The whole incident with the appearance of the two black SUVs made me think that Tessa was being lured into the crowd in order for the vehicles to race in and snatch her off the road, using the crowd to cover the kidnapping until they could get away, that scene was very well done and had my utmost attention, especially at the end when Melissa takes Tessa off the road and they find out what actually happened.

I'm so excited for when all of them get to go to the nightclub, Melissa along with Kaname and Tessa should enjoy themselves shoppin for fancy evening wear, and especially when they go to the nightclub itself to hopefully meet David. Kurz stuffing his face full of pizza was a good laugh as well as the humourous chatter back and forth between everyone during the whole watch and wait scene leading up to the SUVs incident.

Lastly, I especially love how you portrayed Melissa's playful side when she showed her anticipation and excitement for the evening's activities still yet to come, and let's not forget her being a tease at the very end when she said, "showing a little skin" while poking Tessa in the side. I was laughing a lot and to be honest, Melissa seriously needs more opportunities like that to have fun, she puts up with a lot of stress and flak given that she's stuck in the middle between the officers and the enlisted personal in Mithril. Awesome job!
Uruz 11 chapter 12 . 6/12/2013
For a moment, I was worried that Kaname and Tessa were locked up in a compartment of the plane that can only be opened from the outside, people have died from sofacation and freezing to death at high altitude when hiding in the cargo hold of commercial planes, but you knew what you were doing. I enjoyed how they got busted when they fell through the door and on to the floor right in front of the three mercenaries they were tailing, that was very funny and I'm sure Melissa and Kurz found it funny as well seeing two beauties on the floor.

I was thinking the exact same thing as Sousuke from the beginning when he said that David appears as though he wants to be found after going off the grid for a while, let's hope that the five friends find him before the "Collective" does because you can be sure that they're on the hunt for him too if they suspect him of double crossing them in an effort to rescue his little sister. Things will get serious from now on since Melissa, Kurz and Sousuke are going against orders and helping out Tessa despite Mithril's attempt to keep the young female Captain out of the whole affair regarding David given that they no longer trust her.

Although the future is uncertain and very dangerous for our five favourite Full Metal Panic characters, it'll be nice to have them take a brief break to have fun once they arrive in Chicago before they get back to business and hunt for David, I can already tell that Melissa and Kurz will especially enjoy themselves, I always had the feeling that they're both party animals anyway. Hopefully they won't draw too much attention to themselves when they try to have a good time, this is going to remind me of James Bond since business and pleasure are now being done together before the mission is finally over and completed. Great job! This was a fun chapter!
callofduty1944 chapter 11 . 6/11/2013
Gotta hand it to ya. This is, by far, one of the most riveting stories I've read to date! Do continue!
Uruz 11 chapter 11 . 6/9/2013
I really enjoyed the little reunion that Tessa, Kurz and Melissa got to have with Sousuke and Kaname as soon as the two arrivals stepped out of the aircraft. Sousuke being hit from behind by the fan which Kaname had thrown at him before ranting and raving was especially funny to read about, it cheered everyone up on the inside even though it was at Sousuke's expense and her own.

Glad that Kaname is willing to help Tessa out in this stressful time so that they can get to the bottom of the mystery surrounding David and the "Collective" together, it shows that both of them have a great deal of trust and respect for each other even though their occupations and are very different, which is especially important given that the two of them are "Whispered" candidates who have been in dangerous spots before and have had torely on each other to get out of them alive.

I would like to suggest that you write a chapter which could focus on David's perspective now that he has Mithril hunting after him just so we can see a glimpse from the other side if you follow me, he's also probably torn up on the inside with betraying Tessa's trust and worrying about what the future has in store for himself and so on, then there's also the members of the "Collective" who are also at the heart of this mystery which Mithril needs to direct its full attention on. This is just a thought, its your story so you'll have to make the call and either way, you're doing a good job so far so keep up the good work and good luck as you write more.
Uruz 11 chapter 10 . 5/8/2013
This was a nice chapter even though it was also short, but no problem with that, glad that Tessa could finally have a little bit of a break to sleep and relax after all she went through during the previous chapter or two. I immediately recalled the scene when Tessa had become drunk and wandered around the Tuatha de Danaan wearing nothing but her underwear just before you mentioned it in this chapter, what a hilarious moment to remember, but also an embarrassing one from Tessa's point of view and Sousuke's as well to some extent. Things appear to be looking up for the young female Captain, she's had a nice break to sleep and shower, she's found that diary belonging to David's younger sister which will give Tessa more clues for solving this mess and now Sousuke's arrived which should also add some much needed enjoyment for herself and her subbordinates; Kurz and Melissa where ever the two of them might be.
Kikifoo chapter 10 . 5/8/2013
That was absolutely fabulous. I really feel like your early descriptions in the chapter, particularly with the shower and the slow pacing it exudes just set a mood for the rest of the writing and it's nice. Despite the freaky stuff going on with Beth's journal entries (which are done incredibly well, by the way!) it feels like a comfy time alone for Tessa that seems scarce, given everything that's happened. The voice Beth's entries present are awesome and really help me connect with her! She seems smart and sweet, too! :)

Overall, wonderful job! Such a good chapter! :3 Keep it up!