Reviews for Darkness Returns
The destroyer of fate chapter 13 . 9/14
Loving story
tacaloking chapter 6 . 5/14
at first this was kinda awkward with how fast nabiki change and other characters seem to have their points as well but once you started the steps to recover the teen titans you seem to make things feel comfortable but i do have to disagree on how you based some characters skills in fighting i think the only reason cyborg beat mouse was because he was surprised with the horrible mistake he made i think if they fought i would either resolve in them being equal of mouse being more skilled as most of the teen titans end up depending on power instead of skill most of the people ranma fights could possibly beat the a member of the teen titans the only exceptions would be robin because he is pretty skilled and is as good as good as batman is when is comes to adapting to his enemy and the other exception would be raven base on her being insanely powerful and she has a pretty good defense the rest would most likely lose or come out equal as the nerima group are skilled enough to be able get around the rest of the teams power as long as there curses dont activate and they dont let there emotions get out of hand please dont let my nit picking annoy you i really am liking the story after you got comfortable with the story i feel you are doing a pretty good job with keeping everyone in character and i love ranma and teen titans crossovers they can go so well and as a writer i think your doing a good job with making this idea work this idea can so easily go wrong but you a good job with putting this together that i feel you mostly avoided parts that are so bad it makes people want to groin
Teen Titans is now on TELETOON
maryjane5000 chapter 13 . 2/20
I love this fic I think it's great & you are doing a great job combining the two series so I hope you don't mind me making a few suggestions for future chapters like

1) a Bat-Family(Robin, Ranma & Nab only*) & a Young Justice, JLA or Teen Titans West team up

2) Ranma develops his/her own powers
3) Pantyhose, Happosai, Kuno, Gosenkugi & maybe Herb join up with Slade while Kodachi teams with Poison Ivy
&
maybe more adaptations of Teen Titan episodes like
1) Nevermore (season 1 episode 6)
2) Winner Take All (season 2 episode 9)
3) Most of season 4 Raven Prophecy arc

I look forward to future chapters
Since Brother Blood is after Jusenkyo
Nabiki gets cursed with Nannichiuan(drowned boy)
Robin gets cursed with ?
Starfire gets cursed with ?
Cyborg gets cursed with ?
Beast Boy gets cursed with Nynnichiuan(drowned girl)
Jinx gets cursed with ?
skywiseskychan chapter 13 . 2/10
Yup, a long wait, and then a longer one before I caught up to it in my cue. But a good one. I liked it, and am looking forward to seeing where you go with Nabiki's doom.
darksquall03 chapter 13 . 1/21
very good
shugokage chapter 13 . 1/17
Awesome job on this chapter and nice job on coming back after such a long hiatus!
Riniko22 chapter 13 . 1/8
Thank you for the new chapter and the end to a portion of Ranma's many problems.
Anony Mu Su chapter 13 . 1/6
Huh, and here I thought your fic was dead. Imagine my surprise when I started checking things and found an update to this lovely story. I just had to spend the last week re-reading it between work & play to get re-acquainted again!

Okay, so. Review.

I love the quality of this story. This chapter, even though it was 17 months after the previous, picked-up right where it left off seamlessly. While it's been years since I've watched Teen Titans, I remember it quite well and the events in your story match well with the show (and as a side note: I am so happy that the show seems to be more popular than the comic - I never cared for the comic), Events are progressing, and I greatly enjoy seeing the Ranma-brand chaotic spin the stories take.

I do have a couple of concerns, though. First, this chapter seemed to put a pat finish on one of the most interesting aspects of the Ranma-verse: Putting an end to the fiancee-brigade. Almost all of the chaos and fun found in Ranma 1/2 revolved around not Ranma, but the people bound to him. It was this chaos that allowed the various involved parties (fiancees, suitors, various challengers) to develop as characters and become stronger for it. With the end of the fiancee brigade, it seems we're seeing the ending of the Ranma 1/2 aspects to the story beyond the "adopted characters" of Ranma, Kasumi, and Nabiki/Raven. I can't help that the story may become less for that. Especially with Ryoga no longer being such a powerful challenger to push Ranma to become stronger, and his fear of cats being apparently eliminated (and, you know, the whole curse thing).

The second concern goes to something I mentioned above: Various challengers. Ranma 1/2, the manga, took place over the span of a single year. In that year, Ranma progressed from being a good martial artist to someone who could go toe-to-toe with a half-powered Saffron (with a ton of luck and help involved for that win). From what I've read in this story, Ranma was taken out of Nerima fairly early - after the introduction of Happosai but before the introduction of Pantyhose Taro. This means that Ranma would know upon leaving the Chestnut Fist and the Hiryu Shoten-Ha, as well as being highly resistant to heat due to the Phoenix Pill.

Now, since the manga took place over a single year (shown by the grade all the characters start and end at), then the show (up to where we are in early season 3 with the end of the Betrothed story) would have taken place over several months, which your story fairly accurately reflects. However, Ranma hasn't improved at all in this time period. By this time in the manga he'd have learned the Moko Takabisha at the very least, giving him not only a limited medium/long-range attack but would also have increased his ki (which seems to be Achilles Heel you've given Ranma to not make him seem over-powered).

This goes back to challengers. In the manga, Ranma had a new challenger every other day, if not multiples per day. Some came not for him but for others, such as Pantyhose Taro, the Dojo Destroyer, etc. (just going with the earlier inductees and not later ones like Mariko and Rouge, which we wouldn't have gotten to yet time-wise). Ranma learned the Moko Takabisha from reverse-engineering Ryoga's Shi Shi Hokodan. Ranma learned the Umi-Sen Ken techniques (yes, techniques - it's not JUST an "invisibility" technique) due to Ryu Kumon's mastery of the Yama-Sen Ken techniques (which if we're even considering Ranma canon, Ryu Kumon would be coming for Ranma irregardless of who or where he is).

What I'm trying to say, is that Ranma (and by proxy the Titans) are too weak. If Ranma grows, they grow. And while I understand that this is a Titan-central fic, I can't help but believe that the ghosts of the Saotome past would still catch-up with Ranma if this fic is to be anything more than a "Ranma Transplant" fic.

Don't get me wrong, I love this story and I can hardly wait to see what direction you're going (I'm just long-winded). Especially with Brother Blood (he's one of two of the only characters I can think of that liked more in the comics than the cartoon just because he was far more evil in the comics, and the cartoon seemed to suffer from the sanitation the writers had to do to Raven's backstory and replacing Brother Blood with Slade - being the other comic character I liked better as Deathstroke the Terminator) targeting Jusenkyo.
aliesterus chapter 13 . 1/4
All caught up, and I have to say that I like it quite a bit. However... I am curious, which volume Ranma are you using? Because he appears to have the Umi-Senken, although I could have misinterpreted that fight with Tara.

If this is end of story Ranma(Manga), he's massively underpowered, as the Chestnut won't take much out of him anymore, I mean, he can fire twin Ki-blasts at will at that point.

If this is anywhere in the middle, or at least before the Senken arcs, this would seem justifiable, although it does make me wonder if any of the Ranma 1/2 arcs will mesh with this fic, or if it would be pure Teen Titan arcs with a flavoring of Ranma 1/2.

Oh, and if this is end of story Ranma(Manga), Jusenkyo's essentially destroyed, or at least will take an eternity to restore to its original state.

One last thing, are we going to see anything of the Hiryu Shoten Ha? It was introduced rather early on in the manga, I thought for sure that I'd see something of it during the volcano scene.

Those are pretty much all of my concerns in an otherwise captivating story.
JPElles chapter 13 . 1/4
Glad to see this continued. Nabiki as Raven is so obvious and a great idea it's scary it hasnt been done before. What makes it better is I love both characters and universes. :-)

I'm very interested in what will happen. Being around people like Cyborg, Robin, and of course Nabiki who are as strong as they are smart is obviously already helping fix Ranma's warped messed up view of the world that Genma have him. I look forward to Ranma being kept on that road. And a part of me also wants to see Bruce train Ranma. Batman is such a crazy guy. He knows magic for instance but never uses it because he doesn't understand it. Therefore he hates using it unless it's absolutely necessary. I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce countered and beat Ranma easily. lol.
ArmorOfGeddon chapter 13 . 1/2
Holy crap, you're alive! This fic is alive!

Yeah, as amusing as I find the juvenile humor on some occasions (an admittedly guilty pleasure to be sure), "Teen Titans Go!" absolutely butchers their characterization pretty much 100% of the time (the episode where Cyborg and Beast Boy erase Robin's future child from existence just because they don't want Robin to mature and change as a person was particularly appalling).

It's sole saving grace is it introduces characters from all across the DC universe (the episode with one of the Wonder Twins replacing Beast Boy was priceless with all it's cameos of the various heroes with animal powers, and I was actually pretty hyped for Ravager's appearance even though I knew they would butcher her character), and reintroduces characters that didn't get nearly enough screen-time in the original series (more Blackfire is always a good thing).
immortal7 chapter 13 . 1/2
First and foremost glad to see an update. I just reread the whole story and enjoyed every minute of it. And if I have to wait another two years I'll reread it all over again. I do have a question though. I wonder if the Amazons reaction to artificial insemination would be? Other than that I look forward to more on Kasumi and Victor interaction. Till next time.
Grizzmon chapter 13 . 1/1
In vitro babies are a thing even back then, ya know? There is not even need for Ranma to have sex, they just need his sperms.

And if you give the Titans Jusenko curses I will be very disappointed.