Reviews for Puttin' on the Ritz (Or; Bad Influences)
Ermine aka Tree chapter 1 . 1/6/2006
This is definitely by far the best Outlaw Star fic I've read!

*goes off to check out your other fics*
Rhainor chapter 1 . 12/15/2005
Wow. For the third time.

You should write in third-person perspective more.

Must...have...MORE! I'm off to peruse your other stories.

Keep it up!
Abaaddon 666 chapter 1 . 5/20/2003
Not a bad story really.
hunter chapter 1 . 8/27/2002
I thought this was a good adventure story.

I NEVER thought, the ever sweet, ( I mean her

attitude) and lovely Melfina could be quite the

partner for Gene.

It's worth the read

hunter
breakaway-republic chapter 1 . 8/16/2002
Not bad, although the more emphasis that's placed on the fact that it's supposed to be a cloak and dagger type mission, the more predictable the ensuing melee and destruction seems. Glad to see you included Aisha and Suzuka in this one as well.
Kai chapter 1 . 8/15/2002
Good work, though I am not sure you should have categorized this story as humor. It's a light-hearted action/adventure, sure, but to say it's humor too implies that it's so light-hearted it's basically a comedy, and a comedy it isn't. Nevertheless, that little issue aside, this is one of those few one-shots in all of fanficdom that's actually memorable.

On the up side, it's a fun little thing to read and enjoy. The framework is such that it mirrors the episodic nature of the actual show. I can really see it being a 30-minute of Outlasw Star. That's a nice touch (whether you meant to have done it or not). Characters are nicely portrayed also. I particularly like the way you did Melfina, who's nice without being too demure (sometimes writers make her too girly-girl). My only complaints are that Gene is a bit too much of a goofball, and Fred Luo somehow lacks that bit of personality which reminds me of Fred. Otherwise, everything else is fine.

The downside to a story being this short is that it leaves a reader wanting much more. Not necessarily a sequel (though one would be nice), but more like an expansion of what's already in here. It may be impossible, given that a plot such as this one really can't be stretched out all that much, but there's still that lingering desire.

And of course, this story ain't that deep. But then again, it's meant to be fun, right?

Grade - B