Reviews for Are You Lonesome Tonight?
Mycoffeeoclock chapter 64 . 12/15/2019
This. Was. Epic! Holy moly, my friend, what an undertaking. This story is the longest single piece of fan fic I’ve ever read (apart from Calamity Jane - but that’s two parts) and it was a total page turner. I love the amount of detail and depth you went into. Time travelled slowly (for the most part) but the story was so rich and intertwined that it felt very fast paced.

You write these characters so perfectly! The dinner at the Rizzolis was the perfect example! It was mostly dialogue and each character’s voice came through so clearly. You have a real knack for writing so many characters and keeping them true to their motivations, passions, perspectives etc. Bravo!

The reality of life in the 1950s was so clearly demonstrated on every page of this story. God, how hard it must have been!

And I love the ending - the epilogue told in retrospect provided the perfect closure to the story, and tied up the characters. I love that Constance married them. In fact, I just loved this version of Constance - so brave, articulate, no-nonsense, and supportive. I would love to meet her in real life!

Thank you so so so much for writing and sharing this epic story. What a gift to the fandom, even years on! You’re a legend! Congratulations on and excellent piece!
Joannrbb chapter 64 . 9/13/2019
Wow what a story. You had me hooked from the beginning until the ending chapters. it was a beautiful story.
Chloups chapter 64 . 9/12/2019
Thank you so much for this story, it was truly amazing. I loved the way you wrote about Jane and Maura's relationship, their feelings, the context, etc...it was awesome. Thank you.
towanda96 chapter 64 . 6/30/2019
This is so incredibly well done. You balanced character development with complex social, religious and political issues throughout the whole story. I am so impressed and thankful that you created this and shared it. I adored Constance in this. Also, I'm swooning a little at the idea of a teen Jane in a leather jacket on her Harley winning carnival prizes and defending Maura's honor. ;-)
Lktwh13 chapter 64 . 3/7/2019
This was AMAZING. I've had the updates to this in my inbox since July 25, 2015... Eek! Bad on me, because omg I just loved this! What an amazing ending! I think I was bummed bc I knew you'd finished it and I didn't want it to end - but wow, so glad I finally read it. Lovely, lovely job!
Saberfan83 chapter 64 . 9/4/2018
Still a great story. Bawled like a baby at the end (in a good way). Thank you for a great story.
Daryl chapter 64 . 6/1/2018
this story has been such an incredible journey to go on. i'm glad i read it
sally rally chapter 64 . 5/2/2018
My gosh! Another wonderful story of yours. If you can make me laugh or cry...I'm so amazed. And I have done much crying here. So much truth. I love your stories. LOVE them. Thank you so much for sharing.
Scoundrel73 chapter 64 . 4/22/2018
We owe it to our younger selves to get married. It was difficult to read the epilogue due to the tears falling from my eyes! My God this was beautiful, brilliant and heartfelt! A work of art! I'm so thrilled and enlightened to have stumbled upon this. Please continue your awesome talent with writing more stories! This was endearing and refreshing to be able to visit two of my beloved characters as they navigated through the trials and tribulations of their relationship. I hold my glass up to you and tip my hat in recognition of a job well done! Thank you for letting me escape my life for a moment and dream of a different one. Much love with this work.
Sabina chapter 64 . 4/10/2018
Hermosa historia...muy conmovedora... realmente no la quería terminar...la verdad que la amé!
Panzerbelle chapter 64 . 2/25/2018
Awesome ending.

I started reading this when it was still in process, somewhere in the 40's chapters, I believe. I really loved the characters. For some reason, I recall a different ending then. It felt too pat, too easy, at least as I remember it. Still, I enjoyed the story so much that I wanted to pick it up again. It's still amazing.
LoveWhatYouWrite chapter 13 . 2/13/2018
The Calamity Jane reference. . .grinning ear to ear.
Regardless of the slow burn, it's wonderful reading the interactions between these two.
As always, it's a delight to read your work and so I shall continue to the next chapter.
awfulwriter666 chapter 64 . 12/26/2017
Absolutely fantastic, such a beautiful, satisfying conclusion
ML.Ndlovu chapter 38 . 12/24/2017
"So you said you'd done this before?"

"Well, I saw Sophie and V do it last week, anyway."

"Okay. So you at least know how it's done, right? Kinda cup it here with your palm—yeah, that's good. Then slide your fingers in there. Geez, Maura, don't be squeamish! Just stick 'em in there!"

I read that and I thought they were trying to do the dance. Damn! You're good.
Guest chapter 64 . 11/29/2017
Thanks for a wonderful story.
2,584 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »