Reviews for Down Like Rain
Ernest.Shippinglane89 chapter 1 . 10/22/2014
Honestly this was probably the best analysis on Melkor I ever read on this site. I was always fascinated by his motivations and your imagining caputres my thoughts on him very well.
MistressLimitless chapter 1 . 2/6/2014
Perfect. One of the best stories I've ever read, actually. This story actually made me like Melkor more than I ever did while reading Silmarillion. I almost pity him now. The end was also phenomenal. Exquisite work.
P.S: i actually read this while listening to Britney Spears' new song "Alien". A very appropriate match, I must say!
MorNor chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
Very dark and beautiful... such a haunting sadness. Made me weep inside. Great piece of writing
Omnistar chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
Wow! I'm afraid I am going to have to ask you to write an alternate storyline in which Luthien does end up with Melkor...Great story. :)
Haruka Kasumi chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
This was so beautiful and sad. In the end I was wish that she choose Melkor.
Vaako chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
Nearly cried. You must know why, lol.

Note to self; never listen to Song to the Siren while reading a sad story of a love that could have been.

My god. I loved your Morgoth. Those words he spoke, were so moving. Ohhh Luthien stay with him, stay with him...

Very well written, very well plotted and thought out. Very, very moving. I feel so sad. Good job!
militaryhistory chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
I read this due to it being on the TV Tropes Fanfic Recommendations Page, and while I think this is a fair bit of writing, if a trifle prone to go off into "philosophical" maunderings and perhaps a little vulgar, there is something I must disagree with.

Characterization.

Luthien knows that songs have power, and that dancing does as well, and it is their content that provides them with that power. Desire-say rather, lust-is a rather poor, pitiful thing, prone to pass with time, and is something that Morgoth knows almost to its full, as is loneliness. It would not be lkely to have the power to put Morgoth to sleep-rather, it would result in Morgoth taking Luthien's maidenhood on his throne. Luthien would know the tales of the Elves, and she would know of far more powerful things to sing and dance. And, in the end, there is no hope in Morgoth's song.

Also, while it is fairly evident that Morgoth likes playing with his food-witness what happens to Hurin-he also takes what he wants when he wants to, and he would have tired of the game about the time Luthien started licking his fingers. Also, not to put too fine a point on it, but Morgoth doesn't care about anyone or anything but himself by this point. The only freedom he cares for is his, now.

All this is to say, that while it's decent writing, it's not really good fanfiction.
Cali Vianya chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
I must have stumbled across this story for the first time at least five years ago, and I keep thinking about it every now and then and finding it again to read. It's really that good. I finally just bookmarked it for my convenience. :)
ave-caesar chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
Wow. I really don't know what to say. There's a beauty in this which is just so enthralling. Thank you.
EmbersOfAmber chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
Heartrendingly beautiful, with that ever-present tang of bittersweet that I always find to be the flavor of particularly dark characters when well written.

The words of this piece wove a magic as potent as Luthien's song, and I was utterly transported by it. Thank you for sharing your gift.
Love's Labour's Won chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
Well... it was beautiful. I loved and identified with your takes on each character, and I have to say the ending brought me almost to tears. It was fascinating and rich, deep and dark, sexy and brilliant... You made me feel sorry for Morgoth, love MORGOTH. I never could have believed that was possible, even though I admittedly have a thing for villains, but it was and you were the one who did it. Goodness, I love you! Thank you so much!
Timewatch chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
Wow. Very deep peice of writing here, and not to mention very well written.
Little House in the Woods chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
I really enjoyed reading your story. It is very beautifully and melodically written, capturing the feel and tone that Tolkien brings to the Silmarillion, and I thought that you had good description and solid characterization. I loved how you portrayed Luthien and how you made Morgoth seem tragic, but human.
Hi chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
So amazingly beautiful! 3
Lunnaris Elentari chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
Very well done! I love this stoy and this pairing.
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »