Reviews for dust and ashes
tohs chapter 1 . 1/20
"When I'm gone, who's going take care of you?" That line is so freaking painful to read!

Every word on this is perfect. Makes me wanna cry.
justme chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
Heartbreaking. Beautifully written, good job!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
Awesome. Thank you.
electrictwizist chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
I don't know how I'm supposed to process these feelings. Since I have a feeling you don't want this review to just be "OH MY GOD LEAH OH MY GOD LEAH OH. MY. I JUST. THE WAY. AFTER. WHEN YOU", I'll try to stay coherent for ONE sECdong d on no it's starting.

rachel and quinn and eternity and life and death and faberry and happiness and life fulfillment and joy and togetherness and being alone and dust and ashes and just um ow I just
dirtypetrichor chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
AHHHHHHHHH IT'S TAKING ME FOREVER TO THINK OF WHAT TO SAY BECAUSE PERFECTION

SDFGHKAS;LDF

Ok ok. I love love love that you emphasized Rachel's humanity and fear of aging, and Quinn's choice of 'forever.' It was perfect and right and it's so not as selfish as Quinn thinks, even though it's such a painful decision.

Also this was painful: "No, it's just—" Rachel tries to smile, but it's watery and heartbroken. "When I'm gone, who's going to take care of you?"

Quinn lets out a choking sound somewhere between a sob and a laugh, because—god. Good question.

fsajkldghsdf And i love the prosthetic makeup idea! I've never thought of that or read of that concept. Also also the fact that elderly Rachel is the equivalent to Betty White is my favourite thing ever.

BUT THE ENDING THOUGH. God i love that Jewish saying, it's gorgeous and so fitting and jsut sgjsd;af

BEST BDAY GIFT.
AlessanaVargas chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Amazing!
Daniel Wesley Rydell chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Well, that got me right in the feels. Congratulations. Well played and well written.
riverkirby chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
Awwww this was soooooooo SAD!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
wonderful story
Anderson chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
This was depressingly good. (It's a compliment).

The story was sad, and it pulls at your heart strings, it shows the emotion
that the characters go through, the decisions that they have to face
that is difficult to say whether it was a good thing or not.

Awesome job mate. Loved the story. It was sad, but it was also
heartwarming and good.

Keep up the good work.
w1cked chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
OMG this was a wonderful tragic tale. Loved how they were together till the end.
KelseyO chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
“Her legs shake and her steps are small, but she's still moving. And even after over six decades together, Quinn's not even close to tired of watching her do it.”

Way to shatter my heart within the first five seconds, bro. This was such a powerful line.

“Caught somewhere between you should and why not? and I am, Quinn had been unable to say anything at all.”

I loved that she shuffled between three different responses, and that each of them has a hugely different meaning. It’s like you’re hinting at these three critical conversations that didn’t actually happen, but just the fact that Quinn puts them in the reader’s head is really, really cool. And depressing. But cool.

Anyone else would look at them—Rachel using her cane now, even on camera, and next to her a spry, youthful constant companion—and think that Quinn was the clear caregiver in their relationship.

They know better.

When I read that last line, it took me a second to understand the weight of it, and then I made this face and I think I sent you some vague, emotional IM over gchat. This was such a great exchange, and a fascinating element of their relationship to ponder.

That one bit of narrative about Rachel becoming the next Betty White… that felt so real, so believable. Almost like a “duh, that makes so much sense!” detail. Perfect.

“Not being able to attend Rachel's funeral hurts so much worse than not being able to attend her own did.”

This, for me, was one of the most brutal moments in the entire fic. Just wow angst and sadness errrywhere. Like, I had JUST duct taped my heart back together. Goddamnit Leah.

LOVED the anecdote about the two slips of paper. The freaking Jewish faith, man.

Conclusion: 4 starts 5/5 would recommend. Also I am depressed.
pratz chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
Oh. My. God.

I've always been a vampire genre enthusiast (but not of the sparkly kind, though), and it's rare to read fanfics that do justice to the idea of vampire Faberry. I like that you keep Quinn as human as possible in this story, because with the kind of personality she has in the canon Glee, she'd literally destroy herself. I also like that this story doesn't turn corny and dry with vampiric cliche of staying together forever. It's a fresh breath of change so kudos to you!
pgranger chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
It's so sad and beautiful it hurts!
Thank you for sharing this! I love it, it's been a long time since a fic gave me so much emotion. Now I have to go an curl under my sheets and cry.
poetzproblem chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
This is beautiful. Tragic, but beautiful.

I can imagine Quinn thinking she was being selfish for wanting to be there to see Rachel achieve all of her dreams and live an amazing life. But with Rachel, she always manages to be the least selfish version of herself. And the end...thinking of Rachel at fifteen, and then thinking of eternity...I may have had a tear in my eye.

Thank you for writing this.