Reviews for Last of An Ancient Breed: A Side Story to The Last Spartan
RiptideZ chapter 13 . 7/24/2014
Hey this is Riptide, long time no see! Here is the list of things that I found.

first paragraph it said "ONI marine training for years...", I think you should try something like "Marines trained for years to even become qualified for ONI recruitment."
2. Nigeria - not "Nigeriar", that was weird :)

I did not see anything too out of place, really good as always. I think this story deserves a lot more publicity than it has already. Seems disappointing that this story seems under-appreciated.
1. I'm not sure but I'm assuming that the Kaidan mentioned is not the same from the Last Spartan, I haven't had time to go back and check both stories so just wondering.
2. That Elite, trying to scan the Keeper, is that the same Spec Ops elite from Dino Jake's, I think his name was Nathonue or something. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm kind of rusty on the universe's course of events, still good though.

This is really good, my only annoyance is that this far into the story, it seems that the subplots like the Quarian, which I am certain will be an important plot point later, the only problem I feel like I can't see where this story is going because it doesn't really follow the main plot points of the Last Spartan. Since Arkenson's granddaughter is now the CO though, I guess its off to Feros... I don't remember if you're that far down the line yet. Correct me if I wrong again, sorry, I'm pretty rusty. Good job and hope you update soon. And if you can, check out my own Halo Mass Effect Story, Beyond Contact. See you around! :)
Crow T R0bot chapter 9 . 2/6/2014
R.I.P PSH indeed. I'm sorry to say the only role of his I remember off the top of my head was Dusty in Twister...except I even found Dusty pretty amusing. He will be missed.

More relevantly, I'm glad to get some downtime, especially after the revelation that The Covenant Remnant are still alive and kicking. I wonder if they'll play a bigger role in TLS's subsequent sequels, given that The Blue Suns were a minor faction in ME: Revelation before they became a major faction in ME2.

I have to give you props for Captain Ralston's speech as well. His words really warranted the awe Resolme felt, and I shared in it too. That's a rare sight in most fiction, so pat yourself on the back for it too. And of course, the verbal chess mass with Damar was pretty damn convincing. I hope it's not a trap.

I already have a feeling I know who the TLS cameo is going to be, but I'll keep my lips zipped in the meantime in case I'm right.

As for you other reviewers, do Zgamer a favor and go to TLS' TVTropes page. I added a tropes section for Last of an Ancient Breed at the bottom of the page, but it doesn't look like it's being expanded. Come on, he's earned it. XP
Wolf's Honour chapter 2 . 2/6/2014
Not bad. Most of Kyle's squad got killed and we were introduced to one of Humanity's heroes, David Anderson. While I found the addition of British terms cool, I still couldn't picture Anderson saying them since he never said them in the games. Not a bad thing, just something I need to get over.

Overall impressive work.
Wolf's Honour chapter 1 . 2/6/2014
Fav'd and Following.

The story is good, I like Kyle despite hating Turians (Raptors) and the imagery of the battles are intense, vivid and leave me wanting more. Keep these coming; you are doing The Last Spartanverse a true justice.

Wolf's Honour
war sage chapter 7 . 8/5/2013
Crow T R0bot chapter 4 . 4/29/2013
Well, I just finished reading Chapters 3 and 4, when I read Chapters 1 and 2 a while ago. I'm sorry I didn't review this sooner, and even more sorry that there's only a relative handful of reviews so far. This seems like a worthy addition to The Last Spartanverse. :P

These latter two chapters in particular were a nice retake on the beginning of the story, especially when we see the realistic ignorance behind Cortana's fate, and how no one immediately jumped on the idea that the "mystery ship" they found was the Forward Unto Dawn. Perhaps my favorite part was Kyle seeing how outclassed he was next to the Chief, and the sense of inadequacy he got from that.

Whatever could the next part be about, I wonder? TLS painted a big universe, and you've been doing a good job exploring it so far. I look forward to Kyle's adventures in the future. :P
CMVreud chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
Now that makes an "DYNAMIC ENTRY!".
MB18932 chapter 4 . 4/27/2013
And so, the ancient SPARTAN-ODST feud resurfaces.
I love The Last Spartan, in spite of the tech inconsistencies, and this is worthy of being part of it. Keep up the good work.
Guest chapter 4 . 4/27/2013
cool story bro. well chief be the shepard here or will shepard be included
ArmoredFury chapter 4 . 4/26/2013
Keep up the good work. And Sandrio, you haven't read the Last Spartan have you? This is how the tech thing went in that story and though I don't particularly like it either, the awesome writing makes up for that.
Guest chapter 4 . 4/26/2013
you sad they give up on A,I's but in chapter 1 (Classified Date, 2657 SSV Harvest In Orbit Around Planet Shanxi) there was an A,I
Sandrio chapter 4 . 4/26/2013
You will lose many readers who are fan of Halo, the Unsc and Sanghelli Seperatists abandon their technology by stagnant technology based on mass effect is kind of hard to believe, The Sanghelli whose technology was based on forerunners, hardly given up such advances just to please a group of aliens, especially if there is still existed loyalists covenant, for example, force the U.S. to sign a treaty in which they surrendered the technology of its stealth aircraft to China, Russia and North Korea. Shanxi was attacked without provocation, the treaty the council is another requirement absurd.
Mkoll312 chapter 3 . 4/26/2013
The Dawn was a Paris-class heavy frigate not a Charon.
Guest chapter 2 . 4/16/2013
Please write more, you're doing good. I also like how you jump between the past and the present. But what I would like to see in the following chapters is more interaction between humans and aliens, especially humans and covies. Having a human, sangheili and a krogan talk behind a turian's back would be delightfull to read.
So keep up the good work.
Shockeye7665 chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Awesome stuff, a story about the ODSTs in the Last Spartan universe.

I'll make a detailed review later, but I'll be looking forward to more chapters!