Reviews for The Observer
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
blaise is such an interesting character. in the book, he's distant and cold and rather uncaring. and this just explains why. it shows that he was smart enough to see what his mother was doing.

i do like the fact that, despite her endless marriages, his mother does care about blaise, that blaise is her number one.

blaise is really an old soul. and you showed that here wonderfully. i liked it.

[He wonders if his mother will ever love again. / He wonders if she ever really loved at all.] - i really like the ending here. and i would like to believe that his mother loved his father, but i don't think she did. i think she was more around to use everyone than to love. but that being said, i do believe that his mother loved him.
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
Brutally well written. Keep writing
Kailey Hamilton chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
Admittedly, I'm here because of your review on Closer to Freedom.

This was wonderful. I loved your take on Blaise. I don't have a canon for him - I just love experimenting with the possibilities. But you've placed quite the awesome backstory to his canonically arrogant behavior and given him a believable personality with its heartbreaking details... portraying a child that's wise beyond his years isn't easy, but you pulled it off. I'm just fangirling over this so hard xD

Great story!
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
Oh, this is lovely (and Mrs Zabini is a character listed?). Poor Blaise. You made me feel sorry for him, which is hard to do. Slytherins are bums...

Anyway, I really liked the idea of this. It was slightly different and rather interesting that his mother would have so many boyfriends? lover? whatever-you-want-to-call-thems?

A lovely, insightful story into Blaise's pre-Hogwarts life. Well done.
MaryLouise1996 chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
Wow, this is so good. I loved it :)
CatchingCraziness chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
I've been looking for stories about Blaise and his mum so when this turned up in my inbox I was thrilled! It was really good and I could imagine this is just what Blaise was thinking, though I would like to read his opinion on the fact that all of his mums husbands end up dead but that's just me. :)
bonniebonbon chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
THIS WAS AWESOME! :) Your grammar is perfect, not one FREAKING mistake, and your idea is simply BLOODY BRILLIANT! :) Great job, I hope you win the competitions you joined! :)