Reviews for Evening Encounter
Another Anonymous Annoyance chapter 1 . 11/23/2013
An Interesting outake indeed.
Gamma Cavy chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
i like it. I especialy like the exchange between Kenshin and the guard
skepsis66 chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
An understanding reached across the battlelines, ne? Great story - you portray both characters very well, I think.
OkitaSoujiro chapter 1 . 10/30/2009

I was happy but crying at the same time... Q_Q

Fanfiction needs more writers and stories like yours!

Potato Monarch chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
That was a kind of moving story... It was good.

Oh, and you're right about Kenshin's last name. His first name is also false - his real name is Shinta.
Midnight Kaito chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
that was woderful hope that there is a sequal see ya soon
ferryboat George chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
It was a sad ending, but as happy as death can be. I loved this meeting between Kenshin and Okita, I think Okita would have liked who Kenshin became.
itsamimi chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
This was beautifully written and very well researched. Wonderful work, I really enjoyed reading it.
FirestormAngelBlaze chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
an amazingly mature and sophisticatedly story. i love it, beautiful. rare it is to find an expertly written story such as this, even rarer to find a story that i enjoyed as much as this. please write more. i've always been fascinated by Okita souji. i wonder what would've happened had he stayed alive?

Ja Ne! :D :)

enchantedsleeper chapter 1 . 12/27/2006
Brilliant _
Cestari chapter 1 . 12/2/2006
MarbleGlove chapter 1 . 9/13/2006
Well done. I really like this story and the way it shows the two characters' mutual respect along with thier acceptance of how the war is ending. Kenshin can finally fulfill his vow to no longer kill and is at peace with himself while still being slightly cold and certainly ruthless. And Okita is trying to come to terms with his own death while maintaining a light and humorous attitude, but it's taking an effort. The fact that you have accomplished both of these portrayals so beautifully without having to state either of them pointblank is a wonderful accomplishment. Thanks for posting.
Elena chapter 1 . 8/17/2006
I loved it. It was very beautifully written. The narration was truly poignant and plaintive. They say that true geniuses often don't live long, and it's certainly true in the case of Okita, who was one of the greatest swordman during the Bakumatsu. Since many former Shisengumi captains met tragic ends in the battle or faced execution, it was perhaps fortunate that Okita died peacefully in his family's side. Your narration of Okita's end was indeed very fitting. I also loved your descriptions of Kenshin. It is sometimes difficult to remember that he's such an enigmatic introvert during the Bakumatsu (you know, since the Rurouni is so silly all the time). I truly enjoyed reading the conversation between Kenshin and Okita. Their conversation is the last duel between them, except for it's done with few words instead of two swords. Thank you for writing this.
hadbeenworking chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
Loved the ending, sad and heart-rending as it was. I think the idea that once Okita needed help to get into bed would mark the day when he wouldn't get out of it was very well thought of.

The rest flowed very well, and was wonderfully balanced; I liked the way you switched between Okita's POV to Kenshin's and then to no one's in particular when narrating the passage of time. I loved reading the dialogue between Okita and Kenshin, and the former's reactions to the moments when his former nemesis gave a helping hand. His observations were just what I had expected of him from the impression I had of his character.

And the meeting with the guard (and the returning horse later on) was very nice as well, in a bittersweet sort of way.

Good story, I enjoyed it very much!
amber-chick chapter 1 . 6/11/2006
i no its been a while since u posted this but i just wanted 2 let u no that its a really good story and im adding it 2 mi favourites. u should keep writing

Amber-chick ;-)